Overwatch

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
OWL switching to YouTube seems like it could work out to the extent that google, when sufficiently financially motivated, can drive more views.
Guess we only have a handful of weeks to go to see how this plays out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
OWL switching to YouTube seems like it could work out to the extent that google, when sufficiently financially motivated, can drive more views.
Guess we only have a handful of weeks to go to see how this plays out.
I'll watch it, but it's gonna be one of those things where I'd have to know it was on in advance because the youtube UI is shit for live streaming as said before. I used to watch a guy stream on there, but only if I remembered. That was never on the front page for me.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i've been playing a lot on my ps4 since my gaming PC needs a new motherboard, and probably a new location as i found out my upstairs can't handle all the electricity i use. It's actually pretty fun/viable. I'm way better at Controller now as i have played most games on console for the past decade or so. So i'm not surprised my dps is about a bit over 1k Sr better. but i do feel like it's surprisingly easy to quickly aim up things. I would say the talent pool is more solid then you would expect in ranked also.

Biggest difference i found are two things. 1. Things like flank/rear dps ults like deadeye ect.. are way more viable, as is hammond who can be beastly with his speed, and HP combined with the slower aiming and reactions in general you really want someone who can stun him ect.. I almost want to start playing him myself. No doubt they don't really consider console much when making changes. 2. There are way less leavers/toxic people in comp. Not sure why this is, but it makes the game feel more fair imo.

overall it's more fun then i recalled when i last played on ps4 or expected for that matter.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

So they got cold feet on buffing McCree to 250 hp. Hopefully this will mean Rein/Zarya are viable now because I hate playing Winston and D'Va.

HERO UPDATES
Hanzo

Storm Arrows

• Damage reduced from 70 to 60
McCree

Deadeye

• Firing Deadeye no longer locks the player’s aim
Reaper

The Reaping (Passive)

• Healing amount reduced from 40% to 30% of damage dealt
Orisa

Fusion Driver (Primary Fire)

• Damage reduced from 11 to 10
Fortify

• Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds
Halt!

• Snare duration reduced from 1 to 0.65 seconds
Sigma

Gravitic Flux

• Can now be interrupted before targets begin falling
  • Impact slow duration reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 seconds
Accretion

• Explosion damage reduced from 60 to 40
Baptiste

Biotic Launcher (Primary Fire)

• Recovery time increased from 0.35 to 0.45 seconds
Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire)

• Heal explosion reduced from 60 to 50

Araxen

Hero pools is them taking control of hero bans instead of letting the player base do it. I don't care for it.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hero pools...

This sounds worse than bans to me, but what do I know?

[video removed: too slow]

Hero pools is around 7 or 8 min in.

I don't know man... more restrictions after restrictions.... just seems the wrong way to go about it imo.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't play anymore, I only read this thread, so i won't bother watching the video. What are hero pools?

Every week they change the hero pool for Ranked/competitive only.

So 1 week you might login wanting to play Reaper, or Mei, or whatever, and it won't be available in competitive.

For people that "main" only a couple heroes + role select, just seems kinda bad, but idk.
It'll certainly mix up the meta, but having it change every week also seems kinda terrible

Araxen

It's funny how anti-hero ban they were up until today. They were worried about a ban meta, but if they are going to balance as frequently as they say they are going to do now there wouldn't be a ban meta. I do not trust Blizzard to do the bans themselves. They will fuck it up and make some stupid bans like banning Mei, Sombra, McCree, and Roadhog and then leave Hammond available to play.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Something probably needed to be done for owl after the debacle of last year. It wasn't about the best players or even the best teams, it was who could play the stagnant meta the best. Even teams that were terrible at it stuck with it.

I feel bad for blizzard. They design a great variety of choices and barely any of it gets used. If they just fired all the coaches and let the players play the sport would be much more fun to watch.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I really think Blizzard is limiting themselves a lot by not exploring different types of maps, gamemodes, and team sizes.

The heroes lend themselves nicely to more open style gameplay, put 8 players on a team, make a bigger arena with multiple objectives, see what happens.

Look how FortNite completely tacked on BR mode to a game that was not even close to focused on that type of gameplay.

Blizzard seems to lack visionaries, or is extremely risk-adverse. I love the OW hero pool but I just burnt out on the samey-same gameplay every match.

edit: they did mention "experimental" modes coming, we'll see if they address any of what I just said. Or if it's just for +/- stat numbers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They are looking into it for OWL, yes. The remark is that the teams are "open to the idea"

Cybsled

Isn’t hero pools what League of Legends does in competitive?

forced meta is shit, but the balance issues are somewhat of a soft meta anyways. I suspect hero pools will be capped at 1shield tank option.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Isn’t hero pools what League of Legends does in competitive?

forced meta is shit, but the balance issues are somewhat of a soft meta anyways. I suspect hero pools will be capped at 1shield tank option.
No, there is no enforcement. 150 champions all available, minus whatever gets banned by the teams for the match.

League never did champ pools ever.

They did implement role queue but queue times are mostly fine across the board, and you're not locked out of champions.

Role queue in OW is annoying since it cuts off about 2/3rd the champions