Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2/3rds? Huh?
If im tank I can't play any support or dps champions... it's like over 2/3rd the cast I can't play just by roll queuing as tank.

In league there is role queue but it's distinguished by map area instead of some arbitrary rules of how they think the champ should be played

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting way to go about things.

I like the idea of an experimental card, sounds to me like "LIVE PTR" so to speak, we all know no one plays on the PTR this is probably get a lot of people playing the experimental mode and get tons of data from it compared to the PTR since you can level up and earn rewards.

Hero Pool, I'm not a fan off but 1 week isn't too bad. If they make their balance changes that target the meta more frequently I'm not sure hero pool is really necessary to be honest. That said my biggest complaint is the stale meta, so it's that what we need, then I'm fine with it.

More frequent balance change that target the meta and that could be reverted, again anything that target the meta is fine with me.

While in the gold the team comp meta isn't really there, we still suffer from stagnation in the hero balance. So while I don't necessarily think that all their ideas are the way to go, I'm glad they are doing something about. I'm really curious to see how it will affect OWL since, the stagnant meta is what has been killing my interest in it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are looking into it for OWL, yes. The remark is that the teams are "open to the idea"

Hero bans will start in March in OWL.

Starting March 7, the Overwatch League will make one tank, one support, and two damage heroes unavailable for selection during matches each weekend.

• The heroes will be randomly selected from a group of eligible heroes based on play-rate data from the previous two weeks of Overwatch League matches—only heroes that are being played regularly can be pulled from the next hero pool.
  • No hero will be unavailable two weeks in a row.
  • Hero Pools will not be used for midseason tournaments, the play-in tournament, playoffs, or Grand Finals. All heroes will be available for those matches.
  • Teams will be informed of each week’s Hero Pool approximately one week in advance of matches.
Our expectation is that a rotating Hero Pool for Overwatch League matches will foster a wider range of team strategies and showcase more heroes in competition as players adapt and teams experiment with new compositions when some of the most-played heroes are no longer options.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How would you change it to avoid another goats ? Arguably the worst meta ever

Well I posted about this a couple times but it really boils down to their design decisions.

Here's a post I made about tanks and how they've put themselves in this mess by really only creating "support tanks" in lieu of others, like "bruisers".

The map design is also very 1 dimensional, single objectives and always lots of comes that lend themselves to shield tanks...

It's certainly not an easy fix.

They could also make more of an effort to crank out champions so that they could implement a true pick/ban system. And do away with the champ swapping during the game.

Pick/ ban is a very strategic part of competitive lol/dota. Meta is easier to control, and you can have a more varied but controlled meta.

League usually has 3-4 "comps", determined by how the pick/bans go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well I posted about this a couple times but it really boils down to their design decisions.

Here's a post I made about tanks and how they've put themselves in this mess by really only creating "support tanks" in lieu of others, like "bruisers".

The map design is also very 1 dimensional, single objectives and always lots of comes that lend themselves to shield tanks...

It's certainly not an easy fix.

They could also make more of an effort to crank out champions so that they could implement a true pick/ban system. And do away with the champ swapping during the game.

Pick/ ban is a very strategic part of competitive lol/dota. Meta is easier to control, and you can have a more varied but controlled meta.

League usually has 3-4 "comps", determined by how the pick/bans go.
I personally think the tank lineup is fine. Maybe they should've removed barriers except for rein and made the other tanks viable in other ways. Or personal shields only

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I personally think the tank lineup is fine. Maybe they should've removed barriers except for rein and made the other tanks viable in other ways. Or personal shields only

I mean.. isn't the issue with goats mainly the tank lineup? Idk, I still think OW has great quality. The actual gameplay is good and the champions are top notch. But there's just something stagnant. The game is a few years old now and it hasn't really changed at all.

Like I said above, would be nice to experiment with different map types/ team sizes.

I mean I really don't see why they couldn't add a Dota map, compete with Smite for that 1st person Moba game. The OW heroes could be exploited to do so much more.

Also I really wouldn't mind if they allowed the new PvE abilities to be used in PvP. Mix it up a little bit and add more strategy.

If they can't churn out heroes then utilize the ones they got a little more.

What if they did away with hero pool and roll queue locking out heroes, but instead they added a way to mod your hero with different abilities to suit your "roll" instead?

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Just watched my team die, then run out of spawn onto torb ult.

This game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I keep pingponging between gold and silver, having trouble breaking that spot. There are certainly games where I feed until I readjust, but people are so weirdly toxic at this level.

If I pick ball, 9/10 times someone says "WE DONT NEED BALL HERE".. ok.. dude it's gold, we could play 6x zenyattas and if we were good players we'd win. I don't mind if someone says something like "Can we switch our tanks to something else?", I mean a lot of times it makes sense. But I feel despite a few maps where he's not ideal, hamster can do a lot of work on almost every map.

Also I hate having something like a Rein MT, so I switch to zarya and he immediately switches to hog. Like bro. Bro... I was switching to work with you, not switching so we could both play OT's.

Another thing I hate is the reliance on barriers. Every game "WE NEED SHIELDS HERE WTF". No we don't, you just want an excuse for your shit positioning. Half the time people don't even play with the shields anyways. Yesterday I had a mei walking in front of the shields continually dying and saying "what the fuck tanks!" Dude.. play in the safety. Plus, you're mei.. you're basically a tank.

I'll climb if they stop nerfing the goddamn role. Orisa still feels good. Rein feels godly if people heal him. Sigma.. they've really gutted him.

Araxen

Trying to rank up by playing tank is almost futile. XQC tried to do an unrank to GM run and got stuck in plat. He had to switch to dps to get out of the rank. Of course that was before RQ, but it's pretty hard to rank up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trying to rank up by playing tank is almost futile. XQC tried to do an unrank to GM run and got stuck in plat. He had to switch to dps to get out of the rank. Of course that was before RQ, but it's pretty hard to rank up.
It can be futile but sometimes not. I played healer a bit and it was so much easier

Araxen

It can be futile but sometimes not. I played healer a bit and it was so much easier

Yeah, it's a lot easier. I got out of Silver with Zen. I'm starting to finally be able to play him again too since Doomfist isn't as prevalent and Baptiste was nerfed. There is some balance now between the two.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Duod with valderan. My rank didn't move the entire 4 hours I played tonight. Unfair because my kid woke up and I lost 50 SR for being afk

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It was a fun evening, we started on fire with a few pretty decisive wins before losing a few.

I don’t play much these days but if you see me on, let me know and we can team up again. It’s not like I’m much higher than you, support is 2100, tank 2200, Mei is 2400 .

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was a fun evening, we started on fire with a few pretty decisive wins before losing a few.

I don’t play much these days but if you see me on, let me know and we can team up again. It’s not like I’m much higher than you, support is 2100, tank 2200, Mei is 2400 .
Absolutely man. Was a good time.

I'm also gonna rank up my other two. They're both low silver but usually I climb on them. I just enjoy tanking more

Cybsled

Interesting choices. Doesn't seem like it will make a massive change in comp besides the Baptiste loss.