Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t like the suit, would have preferred full on alien armour. All the alien parts look amazing I think.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bro what LMAO

Why are they tagging sinatraa though? He quit for Valorant

Ooops nevermind, I see its the MVP skin

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought, but I got it for free basically. There is no way I would pay $10 for it. lol

Araxen

Comp open queue is such cancer. Most of my matches were 4 dps, a Roadhog, and maybe a healer. Somehow I got placed into plat again at 2569. I just didn't flat out care most of the matches, and just played whatever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Genji is in every game now, overpowered

Not sure how to take this, but I am KILLING it on ball. I'm in the 79th percentile of ball players

Screenshot_20200620-020519.png

Last edited:

ShakyJake

<Donor>
A couple friends and I bought Overwatch for the PC a few days ago. How do new players enjoy this game? We are constantly getting curb stomped every match. Does this game not match you up with people with similar skill level / rank?

We were playing Paladins previously and for whatever reason that game is infinitely more approachable. As new players we were able to feel competitive with about 50% of the games we played.

Araxen

I think it's that there just aren't many new players anymore. The matchmaker will pair you with new players, and according to Blizzard it weeds out the smurfs quickly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A couple friends and I bought Overwatch for the PC a few days ago. How do new players enjoy this game? We are constantly getting curb stomped every match. Does this game not match you up with people with similar skill level / rank?

We were playing Paladins previously and for whatever reason that game is infinitely more approachable. As new players we were able to feel competitive with about 50% of the games we played.
To be similar ranked against a new player you'd have to be playing the literal bottom of the barrel, and even then that's hard. Most people in low brronze at least know what every hero does. My advice is just play some of the deathmatch games where it keeps giving you a new hero until you start to figure out what they do. Then just do quick play. I wouldn't suggest competitive at 25 for a new player for sure.

I played with a 6 stack that were completely new to the game and while they were good at FPS, they struggled knowing which heroes were doing what or what to expect. Even with me playing with them, every game was a coinflip.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Placed 2800 support, got up to 3030 and then dropped straight to 2480.

Match making is aidsin this game.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember watching Doc play when he was new to the game and he'd start yelling about all the effects in his face. He had no idea what was going on haha.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Been almost plat all week and it's a rough spot so hopped on my barely silver dps. It's hilarious how much I can both crush games and also be super annoyed at how bad people are.

Might finish levelling my acct just to see where I place fresh

Araxen

I did all 15 of my placements yesterday afternoon. Yeah, it's infuriating at some of the picks people instalock on. I'll pick Zarya, and then 9 times out of 10 the other tank will pick Roadhog. On my support placements, instalock Zen's. He wasn't good before the Genjiweeb meta, and Genji just eats him up now. It really sucks that Zen has to be literally babysitted now in order to be useful. They need to up his hp to 250. At least try it on experimental. For DPS placements, I should have just instalocked Mei all five matches, but I only did for the last two(won both. Torb does piss off Genji's though, I will say that. I've been trying to learn/use him more along with Soldier.

With that said, I'm trying to get better with Hammond. He's just waay too good at the lower ranks. Nobody knows how to deal with him. It's really insane how quickly you can build your ult charge up with him. It's almost like Tracer's.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you need tips let me know. I'm not the.best, but I'm basically one tricking him now. Once you learn some powerful rollouts it's insane. If you can get behind the enemy team undetected you can completely clear out the choke because they chase you. His ult can be used for mass damage or to just zone and cut off teams. I love him

Araxen

Oh yeah, I'm always looking to hide behind the team. If you have every watched Harbleu play Hammond, he is always trying to push teams out of position when they are all bunched up on the choke.

They put a new career page up on PTR for the new PTR patch:

1592956925465.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh yeah, I'm always looking to hide behind the team. If you have every watched Harbleu play Hammond, he is always trying to push teams out of position when they are all bunched up on the choke.

They put a new career page up on PTR for the new PTR patch:

View attachment 279863
Yeah I watch harbleu a lot, he's very good but Def plays Hammond more OT. I like watching yeatle a lot. Probably the best ball there is

Araxen

Dang, they really dumpstered Brigitte on Experimental. They took away the armor from her packs, and nerfed her shield.

Brigitte

Repair Pack

• No longer grants an additional armor health pool when healing full health targets
Barrier Shield

• Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
  • Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 health per second
  • Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds

D.Va

Fusion Cannons

• Movement penalty reduced from 50 to 40%
Defense Matrix

• Cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1 second
Micro Missiles

• Activation delay reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds

And they buffed D'Va... a hero who doesn't need buffs.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I remember watching Doc play when he was new to the game and he'd start yelling about all the effects in his face. He had no idea what was going on haha.
I'm starting to wonder if my old 60Hz monitor is hurting me? I swear to God I feel like I can't tell what's going on. I get in an engagement and die instantly not knowing what the hell just happened. Or it's just old man syndrome and my reflexes suck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Old man syndrome and not knowing all the effects. I mean I hate gaming on 60hz for.FPS though. I have a hard time tracking that way.

I like to think I'm a lot better than where i placed but we all know what they say about that

Something I'd recommend - if you're bored, just toss on an OW streamer and pay attention to the abilities going off and how they're engaging. Most streamers are GM/Top500, so it's high level gameplay.

Also, watch some OWL matches where you can actually see top down action. You'll start to notice what abilities look like and it will be less confusing.

Last edited: