Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I dunno. I'm 3 weeks behind on owl. Since motoGP and formula1 started back up I just haven't had time to get through the games.

The games from the previous week (4 weeks ago I guess) were alot of fun. No cow so no double shield, lots of winston / dva and gengus.

I like watching Mei but I might start skipping double shield games to try to catch up.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
OWL viewership is in the 40k mark even with token farmers like myself. That ship is sinking too.

Araxen

The Widow fall-off change seems largely for show. The imgur gallery below are her common shooting spots. Distance is in the upper left hand corner.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Played a game with a person named "terfpuncher". Made a comment saying nothing more than "women cant have penises", which triggered terfhunter faster than a nuclear bomb. Terfhunter proceeded to call me a fascist and horrible person for the rest of the game while I simply would remind them "women cant have penises". Nothing more than that.

Once hes over he sends me a private message;

1599416931964-png.png

I knew the guy would obviously report me and sure enough in as little as an 90 minutes I see that warning message for saying hurty words. I of course reported him as soon as he sent that message to me. I havent the "weve punished someone due to your reporting message" for him. God Blizzard is so fucking cucked.

I also got a warning last week for describing the 2 people killed in Kenosha as "communists" and nothing more.

Last edited:

Cybsled

You took the bait so damn hard. The true art is saying nothing that could be remotely be considered TOS and tricking them into breaking that. Easy report n' suspend/ban.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm new to Overwatch, been playing with a couple friends for the past few months. Lots of fun, but one major aggravation I'm having is how NO ONE COMMUNICATES. There's hardly ever any team coordination because no one talks. Does no one use voice chat or am I somehow missing an option somewhere? My friends and I are on Discord so we chat via that, but I would assume people would use in-game communication primarily.

What's the deal?

Araxen

Depends on the rank really. If you watch any GM streams, there is a ton of in game voice chat, but it gets less and less common the lower down the ladder you go. At the lower ranks, it's just better not to join due some salty idiots blaming everyone but themselves for losing.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Now and then they will show pro teams with voice, and you can see why flanks / surrounds are so effective. Voice is so noisy they can't even tell they are being shot at from an off angle.

None of it is even necessary. REIN REIN REIN REIN etc.

That and some of the teams playing in bright rooms boggles my mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still playing. Mid-plat as a ball one trick. The Hog/Zarya meta made playing ball miserable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had to dig this out of page 3. Anyway

Just about all the teams are gutted. Alot of my faves are out, though I guess there's time before spring for them to be picked back up.

Dallas is looking like element mystic 2.0, and I am ok with this.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm new to Overwatch, been playing with a couple friends for the past few months. Lots of fun, but one major aggravation I'm having is how NO ONE COMMUNICATES. There's hardly ever any team coordination because no one talks. Does no one use voice chat or am I somehow missing an option somewhere? My friends and I are on Discord so we chat via that, but I would assume people would use in-game communication primarily.

What's the deal?
Late reply but I always found that trying to be a team leader and promote communication helps immensely. At the beginning of games, ask nicely that everyone join voice chat and most people will even if they don't have mics. At least then they can listen to comms.

After that, next objective is to be a mediator and make sure your team doesn't devolve into infighting. Keep morale up. Shot call if you need to. Resolve "what we should do" arguments by getting everyone on board with let's try person A's idea and if it doesn't work we'll try B's. Etc.

Easy way to win 10% more games and helps expand the friend list since you're more likely to find similarly minded people that enjoy the teamwork and communication.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been so starved for owl I started rewatching the 2019 season. All the teams were terrible for some reason. There were some bright points (nico on mei) but even the shock looked awful. That was just the opening weekend though. I switched from that over to the steelseries invitational that was a few days ago and the level this year is going to be so high.

Paris was supposedly so bad that other teams were avoiding them for scrims but they looked really solid. Full european squad too. London has some good euros too.

Usually the US/Euro teams start the season strong then fade out towards the end.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

Lol, granted he left OWL.. He was still once the MvP, and on the technical #1 NA team on Valorant. Funnystuff. RIP Sinatraa career.