Overwatch

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing Overwatch at 60 Hz is rough. I am old with slow reflexes and I found that going from 60 to 144 Hz was game changing. On the rare occasion I dip to ~100 I can feel it immediately. It’s one of those changes that once you make it, you can’t ever go back. You’ll question how you ever managed to use 60 Hz to begin with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
1593521647869.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The dumpstering of Brigitte happened today. Her armor packs no longer give armor and don't overheal. What is the point of her now? Jeff Kaplan and co epic balancing in action. lol

I'm waiting on Jeff to trot out "Bring the Player, Not the Hero" any week now, and then begin the homogenization of the game like they did with WoW.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I finally almost caught up with the 🦉 games. This whole month was alot of fun to watch. After all that time of teamwork-wins-all it was cool to see crazy individual plays be effective again.

Was tracer for a couple weeks then genjis started doing crazy things.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
No Jeff, 2CP SUCKS get it through your thick skull.

Wait, when I queue for Arcade, I can chose to never play 2CP? Where's that at?

How do they know I don't like 2CP when I can't even acknowledge to the game that I don't like it?

Araxen

For the life of me, I could never figure out why I would pin some people and not others. This clip reveals the secret:

I haven't punted someone yet trying to pin with the left side of Rein's body. Ignore your crosshair and go by Rein's model.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Nice. That always pissed me off...I would hit what felt like dead center and they would just boop safely to the side.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best buy had a very nice hp pavillion 16 gaming labtop on sale for 750 so i impulse bought it. Finnally got to see what the fuss over 144hz is about now tho i dislike pub aving to game on a tiny screen it deg improves your ability.

My question is for guys who are used to the high refresh monitors on OW. I set it at display rate limited for rr and 144hz in options. Yet in game it says its always at like 155 and i assume thats the cap? Just seems odd on a 144hz display..

Also for others with labtop experience. Ive only tried ultra settings so far as its just a 1660ti so t might not be able to max frames on elite i suspect. But will say limiting frame rate to 150 on say high ñet the gpu use less power and run cooler? Or does that not make a difference?

I had not paid attention to labtops the past few years. Its amazing how much performance you get in the 45w range now for a decent price.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm two weeks behind on owl, but it warms my heart to hear the words "Chengdu comp". Imagine such a wacky team making their own meta.

Araxen

So they gutted Orisa/Sigma for OWL today. Fuck OWL and Fuck Blizzard. I hate playing Reinhardt.

Araxen

Dang, this thread was on Page 2. This game is pretty dead nowadays. I usually see the same people all the time in Mystery Heroes and that is the most popular Arcade mode.

These experimental changes will more than likely be put to live:

Armor

• Beam-type damage reduction against Armor health pools increased from 20% to 30%
ANA

Biotic Rifle

• Ammo reduced from 14 to 12
ASHE

General

• Max ammo reduced from 15 to 12
Secondary Fire

• Aim-down sights damage reduced from 85 to 80
BAPTISTE

Secondary Fire

• Grenade ammo reduced from 12 to 10
Regenerative Burst

• Total healing reduced from 150 to 75
  • Baptiste now receives twice as much healing from Regenerative Burst
JUNKRAT

Frag Launcher

• Impact damage reduced from 50 to 40 (Total 130 to 120)
MCCREE

Primary Fire

• Recovery increased from 0.42 to 0.50
MOIRA

Biotic Grasp

Healing

• Lingering heal reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds (Total healing from 65 down to 35)
  • Healing per second increased from 65 to 70
  • Healing resource consumption rate increased from 11 to 14 (27%)
Damage

• Attach angle reduced by 37%
  • Healing resource gain rate increased by 50%
ORISA

Halt!

• Radius increased from 4 to 5
  • Projectile speed reduced from 30 to 25
PHARAH

Rocket Launcher

• Recovery increased from 0.75 to 0.85
SYMMETRA

Secondary Fire

• Max damage reduced from 140 to 120
WIDOWMAKER

General

• Max ammo increased from 30 to 35
Secondary Fire

• Scoped ammo cost increased from 3 to 5
  • Scoped shots now have up to 50% damage falloff from 60-85 meters
ZARYA

Secondary Fire

• Ammo cost increased from 20 to 25

Cybsled

Why the fuck do they have such a hardon for all the Moira changes? It’s not like pros are deleting everyone with her