Overwatch

Cybsled

I doubt you will see that until it is much, much closer to release. You're more apt to use pros to test high end balance, something which presumably comes after you've more or less nailed down most of everything else

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Experimental tourney. Genji looks strong

Saw one of the owl streamers with beta next weekend in their title so guess the teams will get a build in a weekish.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This patch is great. Someone has a blind that is like a real everquest blind. Rein is really tough so people are swingin away like Fragi. Can get multiple pins with charge too.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is great

It is a flashback from custa who was in the tourney, so lots of insider stuff from scrims. Also covers the great bamboozle.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Overwatch 2 is just the same game with some balance stuff? Haven't really followed this at all.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So Overwatch 2 is just the same game with some balance stuff? Haven't really followed this at all.
Yes. I think 1 or 2 heroes have been given enough changes to describe as a rework or genuinely be different but everyone else has received minor balance changes and in some cases no changes at all. Its that + a handful of new maps and cosmetics. Its really nothing more than marketing.

In genuine Blizzard fashion it makes you scratch your head at wtf theyve been doing all this time. They havent made any changes or introduced any new maps to OW for 2+ years now yet OW2 is basically content you would have expected over the course of OW1. Its like theyve taken all the updates/changes they would have done for OW and rolled them into one big patch and are calling it OW2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The 2 that goes on sale eventually is new pve stuff we don't know much about.

The 2 we are beta testing is just a free update to 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Yes, the PVP will be available to OW1 and OW2 users, although I think the graphical updates only come with OW2.

The PVE stuff they released in the past lets you spec into special talents that make your ability do bonker things and supposedly it will be more in the vein of the anniversary events (horde modes, story mode, etc)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Teams of 5 with a single tank seems like a step back from current game design. That basically ensures that non-barrier tanks will never be used.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My guess is really tough chokes will want a barrier tank like Eichen A and New York A, but they will switch off after for something more mobile.

We'll find out Thursday. Gladiators VS NY, Paris vs SanFran, and Atlanta vs Mayhem.

Cybsled

Teams of 5 with a single tank seems like a step back from current game design. That basically ensures that non-barrier tanks will never be used.

For some. Orisa is really strong right now - I actually see her played more than Rein

Cybsled

Yup, plus she can more forward and if you hit an enemy with it, they get knocked back. Her ult has some great teamplay synergy as well, since it pulls everyone in and makes it easier to clump players for an AOE ability, like Hanzo's ult