Overwatch

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks pretty cool, I'll give it a shot.

That cinematic trailer, though...why don't they make a damned Pixar unit and turn that into a full fledged movie? That would be money in the bank ;p

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Pretty hard to get excited for something that's probably not going to see final release for several years. I made the mistake of getting excited for Hots early on and still can't play it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pretty hard to get excited for something that's probably not going to see final release for several years. I made the mistake of getting excited for Hots early on and still can't play it.
TBH HotS went through some pretty schizophrenic periods before they turned it into it's own game. For a long time, it was supposed to be a free SC2 map, but I guess Hearthstone success pushed them to make it a serious title. Overwatch seems pretty much finished as far as grand design goes, so look forward to not getting an invite for a year.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's the firstnewIP Blizzard have done in the better part of two decades; the bloke was probably incredibly worried about people not liking it and is now giddy with relief. Despite the whole "coked-up rockstar" image, he is still basically a giant nerd doing the equivalent of starting a new RPG campaign with his friends...except there's millions of them.
smile.png
I guess I was asking more if someone heard that the Titan breakdown was more traumatic that we'd heard. It seemed like he was still smarting from a morale hit of some kind and every time he was on a panel or in an interview it's like he wanted to have the blizz community hug it out for a few.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I guess I was asking more if someone heard that the Titan breakdown was more traumatic that we'd heard. It seemed like he was still smarting from a morale hit of some kind and every time he was on a panel or in an interview it's like he wanted to have the blizz community hug it out for a few.
I think you end up with some morale damage no matter what when you kill a project that people have been working on for a few years no matter what. They might have had some grand design ideas that proved to be simply bad in execution and Metzen doesn't seem like the guy who gives up on his ideas. WoW and SC2 stories are a proof of that.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Well, Metzen may not give up on ideas, but he changes them on the fucking fly and later gives two shits about them. WoW lore needs to be nuked from orbit - just to be sure.

Caliane

I was wondering how long it'd be before someone did this.
biggrin.png

haha at the scout woosh.

Also, just noticed the kritzreg uber. wow. shameless. haha

Also, also, how the hell is xray vision on a sniper going to be balanced?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
haha at the scout woosh.

Also, just noticed the kritzreg uber. wow. shameless. haha

Also, also, how the hell is xray vision on a sniper going to be balanced?
If you go to the webpage, it is an ultimate with limited use time.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think the game looks pretty interesting. I will definitely check it out. My concerns are that 6v6 is fine if the maps are designed to be competitive, but if the maps are more casual - 6v6 is not the kind of interesting chaos that the casual players I know enjoy.

Putting 6v6 limit also will put a very large emphasis on the quality of their matchmaker if the game is meant to be competitive. Which can actually make this game thrive. If you haven't played CS:GO, Dota 2, or League, modern matchmakers have taken 5v5~ highly competitive titles to the next level. CS/Dota without matchmaking required community organized rankings and trial and error server selection to find a place to fit an individuals skill. Being able to match groups of friends of varied skill level is not a simple task. Hopefully they are up to the challenge of 1/2/3/4/5/6 man parties and the issues of creating "even" games.

If this game is like TF2 - I hope the entire cast is unlocked like Dota 2 and not like League or HoTS. I will lose interest quickly if the characters themselves are gated, however a 1 time "box" cost is a compromise. However I hope they monetize through hats and visual cosmetics and not anything that impacts gameplay or gameplay options.

I'm uncertain how many of my friends who almost only play blizzard games (wow/diablo) will actually take to a first person shooter. Its pretty hard to take skill out of a PC FPS control scheme, the matchmaker is going to be key.

Its cool to have a company who has not made an FPS game - put one out into the gamespace - especially with the presence of Blizzard. I'm curious if it will convince many WoW gamers, to actually play for an extended time.

Question: I seem to remember blizzard keeping your computer specs somewhere in its beta opt-ins. I remember running a program to just take a snapshot of my hardware. I could not find it inside bnet account management - and maybe I don't remember correctly. Does this program exist, and if so anyone have a link? Does their launcher do that automatically now?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I would have to imagine it's going to be some version of DOTA or LOLs pay scheme. Either you have all the heroes and buy skins/hats for them or you have to buy the heroes as they are released. I would look to HOTS for examples I think.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what their plan is but this sound like the perfect console ''shooter''. Maybe they already said somewhere itll end up on ps4 / xbox1 and i just missed it.
Small teams, a focus on abilities over twitch skills? Sound like the perfect recipe for a controller and a tv. And i gotta say, am fine with that.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Lotta detail withthis interview with Tigole

It's Kotaku though (Nathan Grayson specifically), so for those who don't wanna click through:
- No single player, but characters will talk to each other to flesh out universe, probably more cinematics
- More heroes, trying not to overlap skills
- Skins are in, no hats
- No pricing info yet (F2P vs box price, etc)
- No console info yet
- Beta in 2015
- Tigole likes modding (apparently he pushed for the moddable UI in WoW), but no hard plans yet
- There is no sprinting in game, and they're looking into ways to get back into the action after you die without it (currently shift is used for abilities).