Overwatch

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm in the belief that play of the games need to be amazing, not necessarily "the most important". It's a fucking highlight after all. We want to see the slam dunk over three dudes, not the assist for 2 point jumper that wins it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm like 99% sure something is fucked up with Hanzo's arrows collision. Not only is there the occasional kill through a wall but it just feels like if he is even remotely close to hitting you it just noscopes your head and you get one-shot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've decided that it must be a huge projectile, way bigger than the hitbox of the actual model of the arrow. At least twice the total spherical volume if not more. And I'm pretty sure if your face runs into the ass end of the projectile that's a headshot.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Hanzo needs some tweaking for sure, there was a tournament yesterday that IDDQD just straight up quit halfway through Gibraltar because they couldn't deal with him.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've decided that it must be a huge projectile, way bigger than the hitbox of the actual model of the arrow. At least twice the total spherical volume if not more. And I'm pretty sure if your face runs into the ass end of the projectile that's a headshot.
Yea that still pisses me off. I run into like the dragon's ass-mist and still get one shot sometimes.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I actually got a 5 man kill with McCree's ult yesterday and everyone was giving me props that it was the best they'd seen. Feels good man. It was funny too because it was on the first point of liajiang tower and I just walked into the room, hit ult, and lived long enough to do it lol. I'm usually lucky if I kill 2 people with that ult.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I actually got a 5 man kill with McCree's ult yesterday and everyone was giving me props that it was the best they'd seen. Feels good man. It was funny too because it was on the first point of liajiang tower and I just walked into the room, hit ult, and lived long enough to do it lol. I'm usually lucky if I kill 2 people with that ult.
Nice! I might have seen a 5 man ult once from a McCree, but yea, pretty rare. I've been spamming D.Va recently and can hardly ever get a good ult off. I'm lucky to kill 1 person, however my best was killing 4.

Loving D.Va though. Had a 30 killstreak on defense on Temple of Anubis. Didn't record that but started recording some games after and had this happen:

TL;DW: 5 Golds as D.Va on Attack. Enemy D.Va was butthurt cause I got a 2-man ult off at the end.

Sorry for shit quality, didn't realize OW was recording so terribly. LoL usually looks good.

Edit: Anyone else get rolled back a few days ago? I went from level 37 to 28 and lost some skins.

Tenks

I kind of wish scoreboards were visible to everyone. For whatever reason I was getting called out while playing Reaper on King's Row but I had 4 gold medals ;(

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
How can you call anyone out without a scoreboard? Sounds like you were just on a team of shittys passing the blame for being bad.

You can call people out for being a hero who isn't useful in the current situation but that's about it. Reaper is usually fine to play in any situation.

Tenks

The only real way is if you perceive them not doing anything on the kill feed. Or if you have like 1 killing blow as Lucio and you have a silver medal. At that point you can assume your DPS is probably fucking the bed.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Oh ya I do know what you are talking about. Like those times when you have 4 gold medals as winston and are trying to figure out what your team is even doing?

Tenks

I also didn't watch any competitive OW this past weekend but apparently 2/2/2 Winston/Reaper/Lucio has already been figured out and the answer is my boo Junkrat. Apparently he just shreds that composition by trapping the Reapers and his LMB can destroy Winston shields faster than he can recharge them. If he gets jumped on he just Shifts away from the Winston dive.

Tenks

There was a patch yesterday if you guys missed it. The big hits are: Genji and Lucio both took a 50HP nerf (200 -> 150) and Junkrat's tire now has 150HP but does not explode if you kill it, Winston took a few nerfs. His barrier has 200HP less absorb and the cooldown doesn't start until the barrier times out or is destroyed.

Crazily

N00b
I'm boycotting this game because...RAGE...

I never, ever get into Blizzard beta's (other then WoW which I paid for).....have bought/played every single Blizz game since WC2.

I played the crap out of this during open beta weekend..submitted tons of feedback etc.

FFU...UU!!!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was actually just thinking: Given that an entire fairly structured community / playstyle has already developed over the course of these two phases of beta anyone who actually buys the game and starts playing on day one is going to be at a severe disadvantage. For those people it is as if they happened to pick up a 6-month old copy of Battlefield or whatever and are jumping into the middle of an already established hierarchy with known strengths / counters / maps etc.

Sure this knowledge deficit can be overcome, but if you are the sort of person who enjoys those early experiences of learning how the whole game works you are SOL by being a paying customer vs. part of the "in-crowd".

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's not that big a deal imo. I play it casually like I did with TF2 and most of the strategy I use is very similar to how I played TF2 maps. Only big difference is class hierarchy which is figured out quickly and isn't necessarily set in stone. Best results usually happen by "maining" a couple heroes rather than trying to always counter pick.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was actually just thinking: Given that an entire fairly structured community / playstyle has already developed over the course of these two phases of beta anyone who actually buys the game and starts playing on day one is going to be at a severe disadvantage. For those people it is as if they happened to pick up a 6-month old copy of Battlefield or whatever and are jumping into the middle of an already established hierarchy with known strengths / counters / maps etc.

Sure this knowledge deficit can be overcome, but if you are the sort of person who enjoys those early experiences of learning how the whole game works you are SOL by being a paying customer vs. part of the "in-crowd".
Getting into hearthstone beta early was a much bigger advantage and people got over it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There is no question that any advantage early players have can be overcome and clearly Blizzard has been successful with this in the past (Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm). I do think they run the risk of alienating people who prefer to only play games when they are fresh/new. That is playing out within my core group of gaming friends who are exactly the target market for Blizzard games of this type and could not possibly care less about either Hearthstone or HOtS. Many were excited for Overwatch initially but when the beta came back they were very non committal about it and by the time the game actually releases I figure they will have active disinterest.