Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
Control maps are a lot of fun, i really like the mid one on Nepal. i've had like 10 minutes of overtime intense matches that were a lot of fun a couple times on that point alone lol

spronk

FPS noob
i think most of the 200+ guys are streamers, so if you play it as a job and play 8-10 hours a day 4-6 days a week... well...

loving this weeks brawl mode, pretty much nobody has ultimates up in time and its kinda fun to try and git gud with the s76 style of play. no excuses of getting beat because of class comps either. My goal is to try and get an ultimate, its definitely doable but you pretty much have to be on fire the entire match and rack up kills without dying

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Like everyone else I enjoy the chaos of the KOTH maps as well. Those go better in pugs too as for the most part your random overwatch player will end up in the point even when they're just going for kills. Even then I've been in a couple KOTH double sniper groups so people can still be shitheads.

I don't dread any map though and I play with other people more times than I do solo. The only time I really get frustrated is watching other pugs ignore group comp. Yesterday I was solo queue and defense on route 66 and our group had 3 Widows. Two of them rage quit after I guess being unsatisfied in the rest of the team. That shit gets to me. I'm more than happy to play Lucio or Mercy when they're needed. Someone just please pick Rein for the love of god.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Screw you Noodle, now because of you I have the fucking mouse and mousepad on order. I'm such an impulsive buyer.
smile.png

A fool and his money are soon parted.
wink.png
Hahaha!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just flat out terrible with Widowmaker even pre-nerf. Post-nerf it'll be even worse because I'm even worse at headshotting and the twitch that it requires. I'm too old! =(

20 years ago, no problem!

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
The only time I really get frustrated is watching other pugs ignore group comp. Yesterday I was solo queue and defense on route 66 and our group had 3 Widows. Two of them rage quit after I guess being unsatisfied in the rest of the team. That shit gets to me. I'm more than happy to play Lucio or Mercy when they're needed. Someone just please pick Rein for the love of god.
My favorite is when your Reinhardt decides to switch to McCree or your only healer decides it'd be more fun to play Genji. If you start as a tank or healer, imo your ass needs to stay as a tank or healer or at the very least talk in group about a character swap. An attacking team without a tank or heals isnt attacking for long...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think Gibraltar is my favorite map. More-so on defense than offense. On offense I like King's Row.

Tenks

Hanamura is probably the "worst" map design wise at least in my view. Aesthetically it is beautiful but it just isn't that fun to play on either side.

Tenks

My favorite is when your Reinhardt decides to switch to McCree or your only healer decides it'd be more fun to play Genji. If you start as a tank or healer, imo your ass needs to stay as a tank or healer or at the very least talk in group about a character swap. An attacking team without a tank or heals isnt attacking for long...
If I'm on a tank and my team has proven to be idiots who can't kill shit I'm not afraid to switch to DPS. Actually quite a few of my wins are me moving off tank to DPS because we actually needed to pick up frags. It also doesn't hurt that I'm a terrible tank player.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If I'm on a tank and my team has proven to be idiots who can't kill shit I'm not afraid to switch to DPS. Actually quite a few of my wins are me moving off tank to DPS because we actually needed to pick up frags. It also doesn't hurt that I'm a terrible tank player.
The worst is when you pick Rein but no one gets behind you. They all scatter around the map on their own personal flanking missions.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hanamura is probably the "worst" map design wise at least in my view. Aesthetically it is beautiful but it just isn't that fun to play on either side.
Of the Assault maps (Hanamura/Volskaya/Anubis), Hanamura is my favorite. Seems most balanced. Breaking in point B isn't as daunting compared Anubis and Volskaya. Hanamura has like 6+ different entrances (right-3rd level, right-2nd level, right-basement, center, left window, left porch which also has 3 entrances to main room) to attack from and from multiple angles whereas Volskaya only 3-4 (right hall,elevator/window, main entry, left window) but all from same direction and anubis only 3 all from same direction (left hall, center, right hall).

As Defense I also enjoy Hanamura because imo Point A is not as daunting to defend compared to point A on Volskaya & Anubis. Defending point B is tougher but if you grind out the clock on A then it's not so bad. On Abubis/Volskaya it always seems like you need to hold Point B for 7 minutes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just flat out terrible with Widowmaker even pre-nerf. Post-nerf it'll be even worse because I'm even worse at headshotting and the twitch that it requires. I'm too old! =(

20 years ago, no problem!
I have the same issues with a lot of the aim heavy characters. Luckily with this game us oldsters have some other options.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have the same issues with a lot of the aim heavy characters. Luckily with this game us oldsters have some other options.
I think that's why the game is so popular. A pure FPS with all aim-heavy characters wouldn't have been so successful with shitters.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Jesus fucking Christ, I think the best game i've played to-date was 6v6 mercy's.

We need to round up 12 RR's and get a skirmish going on a payload map.. its a literal tug of war in absolute chaos.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually like Point B on Hanamura on attack or defense, it's just skirmishing everywhere which is where I'm a viking. If the defending team tries to hard-core dig in on the point they just can't control the flood of entrances well enough, and if the defending team can't push out a little and skirmish people back that's where they lose. Of course this works a little less like that in high level I'm sure but it's almost like KOTH style capture point really.