Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Absolutely nothing wrong with the netcode at all

mdI1big.jpg

9DNKj5w.jpg

y95wmFu.jpg
There is no perfect netcode when you're playing against people in Asia. The fastest your packets can be sent is at the speed of light and with the US's Internet infrastructure? Good luck bro. Most people in the States are lucky to get Coax broadband let alone Fiber.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is no perfect netcode when you're playing against people in Asia. The fastest your packets can be sent is at the speed of light and with the US's Internet infrastructure? Good luck bro. Most people in the States are lucky to get Coax broadband let alone Fiber.
Wrong the fastest the communication could be sent would be instant via quantum entanglement...

Sorry I'm a dork. Yes it is stupid to keep complaining about it. Complaining about lag vs Asia is like complaining that you can't get a proper BJ when from your girl when you two are having phone sex.

PS Seagul is a god.

Also, was that crap with Sure sorted out about everyone complaining he was hacking? Speaking of netcode it would probably look like snapping on replays when you look at certain people and that would lead to some things that could technically get you in trouble (but shouldn't).

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
What they *should* do is reduce the range of the turrets.
I almost think they did. Last night I did the jump-over-the-gateway thing on phara and was able to shoot the turrets in the back of volskaya b. When I tried that a month or so ago I'd get shot out of the sky.

Maybe I just happened to jump during a molten core and the moltencore turrets are super long range.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wrong the fastest the communication could be sent would be instant via quantum entanglement...

Sorry I'm a dork. Yes it is stupid to keep complaining about it. Complaining about lag vs Asia is like complaining that you can't get a proper BJ when from your girl when you two are having phone sex.

PS Seagul is a god.

Also, was that crap with Sure sorted out about everyone complaining he was hacking? Speaking of netcode it would probably look like snapping on replays when you look at certain people and that would lead to some things that could technically get you in trouble (but shouldn't).
Sure four has done plenty of streams where he shows his mouse hand the whole time. He's just that good.

axeman_sl

shitlord
What do people generally consider to be the problems with this game? I'm thinking about buying it but I haven't played an FPS in fucking years and years, so I'm a little hesitant and would like to know if there's anything significant wrong with it. Like does it have the same kind of ungodly toxic community as MOBAs, for instance?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What do people generally consider to be the problems with this game? I'm thinking about buying it but I haven't played an FPS in fucking years and years, so I'm a little hesitant and would like to know if there's anything significant wrong with it. Like does it have the same kind of ungodly toxic community as MOBAs, for instance?
The hitboxes are the biggest gripe with the game for some. Other than that it's pretty great in the other area's. The community that I've encountered isn't toxic it's just some pick "their" character and don't pick for the team in Pugs and that gets frustrating quickly. If you stay away from Pugs you'll never have that problem though.

axeman_sl

shitlord
What's the console vs. PC situation? I know there isn't cross-platform, but is the console community taken seriously or is that just casual second-rate status? I heard the game is being balanced differently for console, does that mean competitive play is only on PC?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
See my last couple post in this thread.

Hitboxes are just idiotic
Netcode needs work
And I personally think there a little too much cheese in the game.

How do Koreans play this game? Playing on the ptr I've yet to see a single one go tank, support or defense. Literally all go genji, with a few going s76 or hand hanzo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lately ive been playing against some absolutely ridiculous pharah. Like seagull level. Not sure where they all were hiding before

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya if you played TFC and TF2 for years, Pharah is awesome. Air rocketing fools never gets old.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's the console vs. PC situation? I know there isn't cross-platform, but is the console community taken seriously or is that just casual second-rate status? I heard the game is being balanced differently for console, does that mean competitive play is only on PC?
Console will never be in the competitive scene. It's just way more fun watching people at rhe top of their game on pc without aiming being hindered by a controller.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For whatever reason I've been godlike on Reaper lately. Which is weird because I never really considered him one of my better heroes. Maybe a combination of my tracking being better now and the meta really favoring Reaper.

Tenks

Also I'm taking some Genji notes from Surefour here. He uses his alt-fire a TON. I tried to play more like Seagull who uses his primary fire but Surefour just starts spamming his alt fire when he's basically at close-mid range.

Tenks

I'm starting to wonder if Mercy's ult should cap out at 2. With the way it works right now her presence is mandatory. That or increase her charge up by like 200%.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
It's fun enough as a casual drop in game. More importantly half the roster is old man reflex/skill friendly.

I was really, really awesome before a head injury fucked my fine motor skills. Like respect the skill of the videos I've seen linked in this thread but not "impressed" good. So I normally get quite frustrated by FPSS now but it's "just" arcadey and forgiving enough I can enjoy playing.

Tenks

I hear ya. I was being scouted by NFL teams to be the starting QB/head cheerleader fucker but then I blew out my shoulder.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm starting to wonder if Mercy's ult should cap out at 2. With the way it works right now her presence is mandatory. That or increase her charge up by like 200%.
As long as she is the only hero with rez, her presence will always be mandatory in the pro scene. Nerfing the charge rate will only slow the game down as the teams will wait till they have a rez up to engage.