Overwatch

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah hanzos hitboxes seem to be like roadhogs hook at close range. About half the time I'm flying around as genji and they just spam arrows 1 gets me in the head. Junkrat has similar frustrations.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I am honestly so fucking sick of this shitty ass coin flip retardation. Beat them on payload by like 4 minutes but it goes into sudden death anyways and they win because they have 3 winstons and enough time to build ults. All you have to do is use all your ults at once and you win the game.

I've lost like 8 games to the shittiest teams because of coin flip

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah coinflip seems like such a bad decision to make, i mean the first points are designed around being easy to take so why decide a whole game around it? Im surprised they are waiting until season 2 to push out fixes to it too :/

Simas_sl

shitlord
I'm glad they're changing sudden death for season 2. Someone posted on reddit something I hadn't specifically thought of, but makes sense. One side will always be asked to do something it has already done once in the match. One side will always be asked to do something it has so far shown to be unable to do in the match. If you go to sudden death that means either both teams failed to cap Point A (it was a 0-0 tie), or both teams capped Point A and an equal amount of subsequent points (4-4 tie, 6-6 tie whatever). If its a 0-0 tie, then both teams successfully defended Point A. But only one team gets to play on defense again. That team is like, cool, lets run it back, one more time. The team that didn't cap point A in the 0-0 tie is like shit, we didn't cap in X minutes, now we have to try to do it in 1:45. It's same if both teams capped Point A too. One is like okay, lets just cap it one more time. The other is like we didn't hold before but now we have to try to hold it against some possible cheese strat. It means no matter what, even before you get to issues with spawn points, Point A's being easy to cap, etc. it will always feel unequal.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
^ That sums it up nicely. This doesn't influence enough of my games to piss me off, however.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea the coin flip stuff is really insane, since the reason you swap positions to begin with is because most maps have an inherent bias towards one side or the other - attacking, defending, etc, and swapping lets you address that. Having it end in a tie and then coin flip in sudden death makes those two matches beforehand seem pointless. Just coin flip to begin with, go one match, and let me get on with my life instead of sometimes being held down for 40 minutes in one "match".

It would make the teeniest bit more sense if they followed the way some of the pro games work, which is where the stop watch gameplay at least gives you a benefit in going into the next match. It may not have declared you the overall victor, but it did give a head nod towards you being better at doing X than the other team, and so you earn an advantage.

I've played so much LoL, DoTA etc in my time - never been amazing, I generally hover around "good" to "average" depending on whether I am paying attention to specific things (Like last hitting etc) tons of Quake back in the day, CS, and Overwatch is the first game I stepped away from real early.

I mean that's not really a good indicator, because some of those are no longer applicable - (I haven't played CS in years and my Quake clan is defunct) but I still regularly play other competitive games like LoL. I lose and can get annoyed there, but this game...yikes, I dunno man.

I think it's because competitive play and things like sudden death and overtime slowed an FPS way down, so it's not fast paced. It also feels like other people have a lot of say in my ranking. Blizzard's approach to their entire fanbase falls flat for me in this game, when there aren't nearly enough ways to discourage the trolls and the idiots, far too many ways to fuck a "serious" player over, and a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to the game itself.

And there's a reason why "similar" games have more restrictions and more moderation - because people hate frustration.

Just my two cents. I've been playing some steam games I bought on the sale and then decided to play another game - got into a QM and went, LOL NOPE.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I wish they made sudden death an attrition battle, less a race against the clock at who can be faster but who is efficient with their given resources. Granted it shifts from feel of the game, but I think it would be an interesting depth.

I like a good fight, its fun when it goes to a tie.. it's just that every sudden death i've been in, its about who can be cheesier than the other team.

Or they could do the whole who did it better, and just end it there.

My only gripe is the xp distribution. I went from 44 solo'd my 10 placements because soloq is cancer. My friend who is Rein main nailed 49, after that point we've only played together and he has been struggling to get past 55 and i've gone to 60+ 2 or 3 times. He has also constantly been challenging me in gold coins, and still getting the shaft. I don't know what what that says about the people we queue up w/ or against, but we managed to decimate a team w/ a rating of 73 when ours was 58 and he still got the dickings when it came to xp gain.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ROFL GG blizz you fucking dumb twats. Comp match, have shit lord on team that keep sdropping saying blizz kicked him crap servers. (No get real internet without shitty router or mcaffee or whatever faggot).

So my own teammate dropping, still win, get penalized xp gain.

Edit: And before that and now after, fucking again games of fucking virgin weaboo's auto locking dva/genjii.....

Sludig

Played first tie breaker on payload. Attacker only gets like 60 seconds to make first cap wtf? Just single or double bastion/rein alone going to make it not a quick nut to crack

Sludig

Heres a brilliant idea, play 2 bastions and setup right outside the fucking enemy spawn on Anubis. That way they can indirect fire you, reaper rush, or otherwise run past in the limited field of fire you found to cap unmolested. That's fucking smart in a 50 lv competition game. These dumb fucking fucks throwing every game is getting to me. (These 2 troll chode faggots then proceed to double random other heroes that you dont need extra's of.)

Try 76 carrying, doesn't work. Even after a complete team wipe (then they mercy rezzed right before i killed her) and rekill another 2-3. Team can't do shit. Starts playing Sym for the last little while on offense, because that makes any sense.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well terrible evening in competitive...went 4-4 which I can live with to be honest...but 3 of my 4 wins had leavers so made almost no xp, and lost full on my 4 lost so lost like 2 levels or so for being 50% win rate. They need to fix this really badly, the winning team should not be penalized for someone leaving it's ridiculous.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Win or lose comp is still more fun to play IMO. I had the most intense game last night playing Mercy of all characters for my team. She's way more fun to play in an organized fashion than in QP.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I totally agree that competitive is vastly more fun than quick play even with the issues. It does a far and I mean a far better job of putting you against people of your skill level. Also for the most part people are trying harder to get good group composition and work together.