Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ptr mccree is good but "pressuring" a widowmaker shouldn't happen if the players are equally skilled lol

He probably needs a slight range drop-off though

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Man its just impossible to play games that are even. 75% of the time its either steamroll to a win or get steamrolled.

Best feeling is when someone bitches about your character selection in this game and you carry the shit out of them. Had two idiots talking about how Tracer can't be used on defense and ended up cock blocking the enemy team on Anubis from the first point with a quadra kill bomb, and a quintuple bomb in that single defense. Gold elims and damage throughout the whole match as well. Feels good man.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Best feeling is when someone bitches about your character selection in this game and you carry the shit out of them. Had two idiots talking about how Tracer can't be used on defense and ended up cock blocking the enemy team on Anubis from the first point with a quadra kill bomb, and a quintuple bomb in that single defense. Gold elims and damage throughout the whole match as well. Feels good man.
Funny how the first reflex of anyone stuck with a time bomb is to back up to their teammates and blow them the fuck up.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
with this game in competitive its ok to tell someone that certain characters dont work with certain maps. If it backfires oh well, i have had enough of people not being that good with a character in a bad map for that character.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
with this game in competitive its ok to tell someone that certain characters dont work with certain maps. If it backfires oh well, i have had enough of people not being that good with a character in a bad map for that character.
I like playing Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt; what maps are good/bad for each? Pls advise this pleb just trying to fun.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I like playing Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt; what maps are good/bad for each? Pls advise this pleb just trying to fun.
In my experience, healers and tanks are good/useful on all maps, there's not really a map where you can wrong with those. Wrong maps for characters would be places with low ceilings for Pharah, or a sniper on a map where they can easily get harassed/sniped back, etc..

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I love the idea from the article for a I-really-like-this-group-and-want-to-play-more-with-them button. Even better if it were an I-like-this-player button.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Lucio is really good in KotH. He shine in Ilios and Lijiang Tower because it allow you to play him more aggressive. People tends to be a bit more hesitant after you push a him in the void. Lucio, Mercy and Reinhardt are generally welcomed in most team comp.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Disagree. I've been pugging team based games since original DOTA and it's a truism of the game that critiquing your teammates before the game has even started is wrong. Critiquing your teammates while losing is even more wrong. Your only opportunity is on the upswing. Stuff like: "okay we're doing well guys but lets take it slow, lets not get arrogant and misplay."

Team morale is a resource to be spent wisely.

edit: also this assumes people are equally competent across a range of heroes which is just balderdash. I remember in LoL people would tell me to not play Sona when I had 1000+ games with her and felt confident that I could handle any "counter". I'd rather someone play their preferred pick on a "bad map" than them play something they aren't familiar with because some streamer made some off-hand comment about the pro-scene that his little legion repeats like gospel.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Generally speaking, both Mercy and Rein struggle on KoTH but they can get away with it on there if played well.

Problem w/ Mercy is most of the KoTH maps are flat terrain, so you're open for a buttblasting if you haven't yet dealt w/ someone that has the common decency to focus down a mercy. He requires a tad bit of protection, and generally isn't a good solo healer on most KoTH maps.

Rein, struggles because most other tanks can do a better job at the aggression than himself. That said, Rein can definitely work. I queue w/ a Rein main, and we roflstomp KoTH because we're usually double tank and/or double heals. He is generally 8/10 on his pins which makes his engagements A+, and he applies enough aggression to where its not too much and hes not off into a corner alone. He maintains range, but enough aggro at the same time. Hes really good when Genji's on the board too, cause you can just ult his ult and its over.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I missed that. I did hear him talking about how OP McCree is on the PTR right now though, which supports my opinions so yay :p He said something along the lines of "a short-to-midrange character shouldn't be able to also pressure a Widow from almost across the map like he can right now"

Every PTR stream I see is has McCree's chunking people from max LoS right now. I'd rather they undo the FTR nerf. Or just, you know, leave him the way he is live since people are still using him often enough anyway.
Realistically I guess (LOL!) if someone is shooting a gun like that and hitting a target however many meters away they're still dead. He's one of the few characters that uses an almost traditional gun. If you can headshot a widow across the map then you deserve the kill.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I don't know what happened but in the past week the rank 48-51 queues (yeah I'm a scrub) have turned to shit. I mentioned leavers earlier, but premades trying to carry low ranked players has become a problem. I probably lost the luck of the roll on getting the good premades in my games the past few nights but still I'm more looking for fun games.

At least I got to prove a premade wrong the other night. They bitched at me that Junkrat is trash on Volskaya Industries. Except I picked him specifically to counter a Bastion, Reinhardt Symmetra, and Mercy that were holed up on the first point. Low and behold within the first minute of switching and blowing them all up we got the point.

By and large people need to switch heroes more often in game. A lot of losing games that I've managed to win have come down to switching to a more appropriate champion for the situation.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lucio is really good in KotH. He shine in Ilios and Lijiang Tower because it allow you to play him more aggressive. People tends to be a bit more hesitant after you push a him in the void. Lucio, Mercy and Reinhardt are generally welcomed in most team comp.
Yes reinhardt and mercy are pretty much always good to have on a team. The rez if used well can swing matches and reinhardt is pretty much the only tank capable of actually tanking. Given everything in this game involves cap points or objectives having somebody who can shield your damage dealers on the move is always useful.