Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Ult is good but Defend comps don't have much room for her imo. The rest of her kit doesn't seem particularly strong for defense.

She can definitely see play on KoTH/Attack and any place you are going to be aggressive.

I disagree here. Her entire kit is based around dismantling wombo combo and that is generally why 2cp is so lame because the offense just has to wait on their ultimates to come online and then win.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
blarg, doesn't work so heres a broken link

https:// clips .twitch. tv/blizzard/ LovelyScorpionPermaSmug

parkour zarya from south korea.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
This is prob a stupid complaint, but I really hope they find a way to nerf crouch spam. Its growing in popularity and is going to become integral to the game soon enough.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've gotta say, they did an amazing job with the Overwatch stage at Blizzcon. It really does look incredible.

Also, I feel like Rachel quit eating. She was never overweight in the least, but she looks really good at Blizzcon and it seems like it's because she lost a few pounds in the right places.

I'm interested to see how this Overwatch League stuff goes, Blizzard might finally be learning some things about esports.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Some Sombra gameplay with one of the dev looking and talking about her.

He has a few nice gameplay moment in the last match in Hollywood.

She looks fun as hell.

Cybsled

Why do I keep seeing Russian fans saying the carpet at the end of the cinematic is a stereotype? I wasn't aware that was one lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think she will have a big impact on team composition. The ability to cancel abilities with hack, and her EMP ability will affect some heroes a lot, while affecting others a lot less. I think Lucio, and Reinhardt are gonna be two that will be very affected, and they are some of the most popular picks.

She will also impact the pro scene I think since the pro scene essentially relies on stacking ultimate for big push...and that could be risky with a Sombra on the other team using her EMP to cancel a bunch of them at once. You'd end up at a severe disadvantage.

Hopefully she mixes things up a little, and make the game more fun and makes hero composition and strategies more diverse.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I slept through the finals and had to watch em late, and the vod was named top 8, like it was from yesterday. I eventually figured it out.

So many of the games were stomps. Maybe the upcoming patch will help. The Nords fighting it out was good to watch at least :D

BTW I saw 2 smurfs last night in the 2000 range. One was a Korean mcree that was on my team, and the entire other team reported him for aimbotting. He pasted his twitch link and I watched him play. He just had really good aim and positioning. He missed alot though, definitely was just good.

The other was a genji on the opposing team that never really messed up. Every throw hit, every ult wiped us out. Several times I sent a sleep dart his way and he was so quick he could hit reflect while it was midair. Was really fun to play against someone so good.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I think Lucio, and Reinhardt are gonna be two that will be very affected, and they are some of the most popular picks.

Agreed, and good. I'd like to see things mixed up a bit. I think by reducing the primacy of shields a lot of previously niche characters will become more viable.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure they said the hack doesn't affect Rein's shield.
It does. Apparently also effects things like Zarya's and Zen's passive shields. It'll remove beat drop. It effects abilities, shields, and barriers. I don't know how it will interact with Winstons bubble though, trans/nano/genji blade are uneffected I believe.