Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patch is next week. I'll be glad hide and seek Mercy is gone, but her new Ultimate lasts far too long and recharges way too fast. I'm surprised they didn't cut down the time to at least 15 seconds instead of 20.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The OW twitter said the junkertown map and the PTR balance changes are not intertwined. The PTR changes may not go live next week with the map.

norp

Bronze Squire
I hate how timid Blizzard is with changes. If they think the changes are overpowered, meet somewhere in the middle for now and then bump things up. I understand they don't want to jump the shark, but stagnation is pretty horrible too.

Araxen

The OW twitter said the junkertown map and the PTR balance changes are not intertwined. The PTR changes may not go live next week with the map.

Well that sucks. I'm dying for mass rezz to go away.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
anyone else finding junkrat absolutely obnoxious to play against?

damage from his concussion mine spam is absurd and his RIP tire feels like a free team wipe 90%+ of the time.

Ugh

Araxen

damage from his concussion mine spam is absurd and his RIP tire feels like a free team wipe 90%+ of the time.

Ugh

They need to halve his mine damage and shorten the duration of the tire. It's absurd for both of his mines to still have full damage.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just want his grenades to have bounce noises. Right now they are like a stealth attack. There's a reason every game that has ever had launchers gave them easy to pick up sounds when bouncing.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ended my night early last night before I tilted after 2 terrible games.

First game, we have a Pharah that keeps complaining that the Solider, McCree and Zenyetta are destroying her, and she can't do anything. Everyone tells her to just switch hero if he's getting countered so hard...he refuses to do so.

Second game was Lunar Colony, we lost a 6 vs 5...they attacked first at 6 vs 6 and won point a and we defended point b...then they had a leaver for defense. People pick stupid team comp, and we couldn't even get 1 tick on Point A. Stuff like attack Torbjorn, Bastion and Symmetra.

I just left after that game totally frustrated. It sucks before I had an hour or so left to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider

Ugh

I hate playing a good Junk. his Ult charge way too fast. I was arguin with a Junk main about his Ult hitting way too hard and fast. He was saying it was like D.Va ult and that mean no sense to me. D.va can't really control or decide when it explode.

Buddy of mine that main Zarya is happy since he is a huge source of energy.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Ended my night early last night before I tilted after 2 terrible games.

First game, we have a Pharah that keeps complaining that the Solider, McCree and Zenyetta are destroying her, and she can't do anything. Everyone tells her to just switch hero if he's getting countered so hard...he refuses to do so.

Second game was Lunar Colony, we lost a 6 vs 5...they attacked first at 6 vs 6 and won point a and we defended point b...then they had a leaver for defense. People pick stupid team comp, and we couldn't even get 1 tick on Point A. Stuff like attack Torbjorn, Bastion and Symmetra.

I just left after that game totally frustrated. It sucks before I had an hour or so left to play.

I had a troll yesterday. He used to be a mid diamond now in high plat. He started to play with hanzo and only spammed hello to ennemy. Then when people started complaining he switched to Phara (His main) and really played well. Then on last round he went Bastion and stayed in spawn. He ended up saying that we all sucked and admited trolling half the match. We reported him.

I would have took an average player that played all match instead of a much more skilled that pretty much played only half of it.

• 1Like

Araxen

They really need to bring back avoid player and change it so it still allows the person join your game, but only on the other team then use their new and improved report system to further weed out players.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
340K disciplinary actions on about 30 million players?

I feel like I meet toxic people once every 2 games in high plat and it was much more higher in low gold.

The Hanzo Phara players I had in my team 2 days ago was probably among the worst I have seen.

Jeff: I have said mean things over the internet.
He was Tigole right? :p

• 1Solidarity

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Think the game could really do with a scoreboard in competitive. I think the lack of appreciation of who exactly helped win you the game is not shown on scorecards (who the fuck even cares/stays for them these days), and people at lower tiers (most tiers?) have absolutely no clue what is happening in the game around them in terms of team mates impact and how they/their teammates are doing compared to the other team. Clearly people are just generally toxic with or without any sort of scoreboard so why not add it in? Im taking a smurf through silver atm, and someone literally died defending on their first push miles in front of the rest of the time and typed 'SOMBRA CHANGE' the second he died. I think if people were able to see deaths it could help point out trickling, and also their dps compared to the enemy dps it would offer a better chance of self reflection. Also, might shut up those healers/tanks who are like IM GOLD WITH TWO ELIMS LOLOL TERRIBLE DPS, when in fact everyone on the team has gold elims because the team has only got two fucking kills.

Araxen

Think the game could really do with a scoreboard in competitive. I think the lack of appreciation of who exactly helped win you the game is not shown on scorecards (who the fuck even cares/stays for them these days), and people at lower tiers (most tiers?) have absolutely no clue what is happening in the game around them in terms of team mates impact and how they/their teammates are doing compared to the other team. Clearly people are just generally toxic with or without any sort of scoreboard so why not add it in? Im taking a smurf through silver atm, and someone literally died defending on their first push miles in front of the rest of the time and typed 'SOMBRA CHANGE' the second he died. I think if people were able to see deaths it could help point out trickling, and also their dps compared to the enemy dps it would offer a better chance of self reflection. Also, might shut up those healers/tanks who are like IM GOLD WITH TWO ELIMS LOLOL TERRIBLE DPS, when in fact everyone on the team has gold elims because the team has only got two fucking kills.

I wish there was a scoreboad post match, but they'll never put one in you can see during the match. Blizz is all about protecting the idiots who don't pull their weight.

This does way too good of a job making the player feel like a $150k Overwatch Esport athlete. Some people just don't realize yeah their shit stinks because the game does a good job of covering it up. Unless they go back and watch their match or they see it in a POTG that it wasn't them. People watching their own matches is going to be very slim because you have to set up OBS or something other program to record them.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd pay a monthly fee for this game if it included a scoreboard during the matches. I'm not sure if that speaks more poorly for myself or the game :p

Araxen

I'd pay a monthly fee for this game if it included a scoreboard during the matches. I'm not sure if that speaks more poorly for myself or the game :p

I'd pay a monthly fee if it meant I wouldn't have to put up with one trick Timmy who throws a match because he doesn't get to play his "Hanzo main". Doesn't CS:GO have some sort of premium queue?

Edit: Interesting stats: Jeff talks the toxicity problem in the newest developer update • r/Competitiveoverwatch

Some interesting numbers were included in the video. Consider:

~10 millon accounts.

400k accounts disciplined.

4% of all accounts.

12 players per match.

Every two games, you're in a game with an account which has had some kind of disciplinary action taken against them, or you are that account.

o_O

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
"Every two games, you're in a game with an account which has had some kind of disciplinary action taken against them, or you are that account."

Seems about right.