Overwatch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They could probably remove rez and rework it into abilities similar to dota's dazzle/oracle abilities. Basically for the duration, the target(or all targets if it's the new ult) cannot die. The dazzle version is you take damage, but you cannot go under 1hp. The oracle version is you do not take damage, however the damage is compiled for the duration and when it ends, the damage is inflicted all at once but the healing received is also compiled and applied at the end with a bonus to healing and the difference between the 2 numbers is applied to the current hp. Meaning if you get hit a lot but also healed a lot, you'll probably still be alive at the end, if you don't get healed you'll probably die at the end and if you're ignored you don't gain/lose anything.

This keeps the whole iconic "Heroes never die" Mercy thing intact, but changes the function into a similar healer ult compared to Lucio, Zen and what's her new face where you pop it then go in. Probably better as a pbae ult than a single target normal ability, so maybe move valkyrie to E, shorter duration, decent cooldown, maybe remove some/all the dps buffs on it.

That said kinda don't care either way since I don't play this anymore. The new patch isn't going to be live for the next tournament either I assume, Blizzard still with their 4-6weeks PTR with no changes?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They have done some PTR to live pretty fast in the past on Overwatch, especially when it’s just number changes.

I’m pretty sure this will go live this week before the Overwatch League begins. I could be wrong but I doubt they start OWL with Mercy the way she is.

Cybsled

The problem with Mercy res is it brings you back to life, full hp/all abilities good to go, with a very short period of invulnerability for the resurrected player. This is especially broken when used on tank characters.

Only way they could balance it is to give the player "res sickness" or something...your max HP is capped at like 100 for the duration of a normal respawn period and your abilities are on CD when res'd.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
maybe the res should send you back to spawn, so you just respawn instantly in spawn instead of where you died

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought this over the holiday sale. I did the tutorial and played a few bot games to get my bearings. Any tips for how to transition into real play?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Funny how OW is using a MOBA model and they had the bright idea to put res on a hero.. I'm not sure about DOTA but I know LOL doesn't have rez even after 120 or so heroes.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bought this over the holiday sale. I did the tutorial and played a few bot games to get my bearings. Any tips for how to transition into real play?

My opinion for people just starting out is to play Quick Play and Mystery Heroes. Mystery Heroes will force you to play other heroes and learn the roster. I discovered heroes that I didn't think I would like by playing Mystery Heroes. In Quick Play I would play the heroes you would want to get better at for Competitive play.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm

Sounds like sarcastic advice but honestly just play it. The performance based MMR will get you where you should be pretty quickly, so don't worry about lack of experience. For heroes, mercy is always wanted and very good to have an impact whilst learning the game. Soldier has a fantastic ultimate, and is very similar to any other shooter. If people are toxic to you, don't take it personally and just mute them and voice chat if necessary. Toxic players are awful at the game in most cases.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Pick one of each of the 3 archtypes to try to be decent at to start. I wouldn't play mystery heroes until you've spent a week in quick play probs otherwise you'll be hugely confused. There's a ton of characters.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just do it. they're ranked so think of playing against other low levels as extended tutorial.
I did the same and am level 8.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
+150SR on Saturday.

-150SR on Sunday.

I should have stopped like I usually do after 2 loss in a row, but I didn't and just kept losing.

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Weekends seem to be the worst, any sort of prime time IMO. I've been doing mornings/during day on weekdays unless I have a 6 stack to queue with

Araxen

If OWL isn't on Twitch, ggs for OWL. Year 1 for OWL needs all the exposure it can get.

Needless

Toe Sucker
til: slasher is still around, interesting.

I can't see why they wouldn't utilize twitch, even if they use their own tech they use for blizzcon etc.

Cybsled

My opinion for people just starting out is to play Quick Play and Mystery Heroes. Mystery Heroes will force you to play other heroes and learn the roster. I discovered heroes that I didn't think I would like by playing Mystery Heroes. In Quick Play I would play the heroes you would want to get better at for Competitive play.

Mystery heroes is great. Not only do you learn all the heroes, but that helps you in knowing how to deal with people play those heroes.

• 1Like

Araxen

Mystery heroes is great. Not only do you learn all the heroes, but that helps you in knowing how to deal with people play those heroes.

Another thing about MH is sometimes it's also easier to play some heroes since the other team might not have the counter to them at the time. I know I play Tracer and Sombra better in MH than I do in QP sometimes.

Edit: I'm finally back into gold! <3 Zenyatta

Last edited: