Overwatch

Xevy

Log Wizard
Widowmaker should just be removed from the game. I mean, not really, but that's how I mostly feel. If you want to one-note sniper, go play fucking Battlefield or Counter Strike. Everytime there's a good widow I just go Winston and it's game over for them. I may even lose the game, but they're not getting any more free kills. Usually I type "No Widow Zone" and they get super angry and leave or go reaper/hog. That's fine, usually they're shit reapers and I just stay Winston and bubble dance them to death.

Widow needs like a beam sniper or something. Like a Spartan laser type weapon would be badass. Long charge up and visibile indicator. Otherwise it's just a super range McCree except McCree has to be mobile and Widow can be hit by like 3 characters in the entire game for more than 20 damage at her max ranges.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ya, vs a good widow your only option is to get a Winston or some other harasser that can't be oneshot by her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I just learned something new after 2 years of playing this...a Torbjorn player just told the group that he plays Torbjorn as a tank, and to trust him. That went fucking well.

Fuck this game sometimes, most of the times actually. :(

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To many people watching dafran torb only push account and to be fair he does very well on him, but they are not dafran they aim like shit so cannot play Torb like Dafran play him place turret then go around hunting kills in the backline.

Cybsled

Good Torb players use their primary weapon and don't just babysit the turret. I can outsnipe a widow with him lol

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Widowmaker should just be removed from the game. I mean, not really, but that's how I mostly feel. If you want to one-note sniper, go play fucking Battlefield or Counter Strike. Everytime there's a good widow I just go Winston and it's game over for them. I may even lose the game, but they're not getting any more free kills. Usually I type "No Widow Zone" and they get super angry and leave or go reaper/hog. That's fine, usually they're shit reapers and I just stay Winston and bubble dance them to death.

Widow needs like a beam sniper or something. Like a Spartan laser type weapon would be badass. Long charge up and visibile indicator. Otherwise it's just a super range McCree except McCree has to be mobile and Widow can be hit by like 3 characters in the entire game for more than 20 damage at her max ranges.

3 of my last 10-15games, we have started out with a perfectly reasonable team in rd 1 and did very, very well. RD2 each time usually the guy tanking switches to widowmaker, leaving us with nothing but a D.va for tank.

One time we lost the match because of this on Gibralter. We barely need to move to payload agt all to win, just win one fight on the payload essentially. So of course my team leaves nothing but A Moira (myself) to heal, and D.va (Who does nothing but ineffectively flank, since she doesn't advance to close enough range for the her cannons to do enough damage) as the "tank," and picks Hanzo, Widowmaker, and two other characters that also don't right on the point, thus basically throwing the match. Of course when i told the guys our comp was awful to the point it was virtually throwing i was told "Widow is good on this map" But we only need to fight in the very first area... If we simply fight on the payload we will force our opponets to do the same and abandon the high ground as the goal is so close...

Yesterday had another similar match, we take both points super fast on Anubis with a conventional team. So Reinhart switches to Widowmaker ( i did not see him get a single kill with widow). We still won, but it was very close as i had to swap to Orisa and leave us with only Mercy as a healer. It happened essentially the same thing in Kingsrow a few days ago also so we again turned an easy win into a loss this way.

Sure you get idiots that move to/won't move off other limited chars .But it does seem widow attracts a certain type of person. The type that totally ignores how they are not any good...

I get this is a bit of a coincidence but the state of the competitive game is basically thru: If you have a good team comp you will likely win, get 5 DPS mains and one Brigitte instalocker (or a million other lousy combo's) you will likely lose.. Game badly needs a role Queue since the amount of ways competitive game teams are effectively sabotaged before/during the match is already far too high at all levels without one. The lack of a queue just exaggerates this problem, hence most comp games tend to be won/lost before the first round begins.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
3 times during the last 3 days I was 1 win from hitting Diamond for the first time...all 3 times, I went on a losing streak of 3-4 games before climbing back again, I'm at 2893 now.

The game is conspiring against me to keep me from Diamond. :)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good Torb players use their primary weapon and don't just babysit the turret. I can outsnipe a widow with him lol

Torb's right click is a better shotgun than Reaper's guns. You can one or two-tap the smaller health heroes. It's pretty low-key OP.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Torb's right click is a better shotgun than Reaper's guns. You can one or two-tap the smaller health heroes. It's pretty low-key OP.
I'm surprised how many people don't seem to know this. Roadhog's right-click has a similarly high damage spike, but for him both the aiming AND distance have to be spot on to get a one-shot on everyone not Brigitte. Works great for helping tear down an Orisa or Winston barrier, nonetheless.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
3 times during the last 3 days I was 1 win from hitting Diamond for the first time...all 3 times, I went on a losing streak of 3-4 games before climbing back again, I'm at 2893 now.

The game is conspiring against me to keep me from Diamond. :)

The first time I was ever like 5 points off diamond or whatever, we were winning the game when symettra put up troll teleporter that went off the side of the map and killed the entire team. We lost.

Got it a few days later, but man I nearly just quit for good at that point.

Don't give up, skeleton!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I miss playing Rein when healers are actually competent. It's pretty fucking fun.

And I sent a man on a voyage. I wish him well and that he truly find himself out there.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Today I was told I carried a quick play 5-stack. I had silver elims and damage but gold objective kills. I'm not sure what to think of that (probably not much). o_O

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I caught up on the league stuffs. I guess New York was kind of coasting for all the regular games. I was kind of thinking things had leveled out a bit but damn there's a gulf between 1 and 2.

That pink mercy is so animu! I can hear the sound of 1000 ladies pivoting their costume ideas for dragoncon this year.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
First season was a lot of money too. I still don't get why it's so expensive however, like what does the money get you. I get sponsoring teams in other games, you pay a relatively low amount of money to pay salary for a bunch of players and their coaches, fly them around and shit, overall it's all not that expensive. And then you get exposure for your brand by having the team name's be your brand, so whenever a caster say something, your brand just gets hammered over and over into the viewer's subsconcious. Then you sell merch and what not for that brand, gamer stuff obviously. And you get other sponsor to put money in it and shit.

But in OWL you don't get any of that? You buy a spot and then you're the London Spitfire or some other made up shit name Blizzard came up with. Do they get a large cut of the merch? Do they get cuts on every ingame stuff that's sold for your team? For all teams and it's split equally? I mean that's a lot of money and it doesn't seem like there's much money going back to the sponsors for their spot money. OWL gets good viewer numbers(not as good as the other big stuff but a lot better than anything else Blizzard does) but how does that translate into giving money to the sponsors. Shit's just weird. Also where does the money go? Like there's what 12teams? 45M each, surely player's salary and the production cost aren't nearly close to that, does Blizzard just pocket the rest?

Just seems weird but maybe I'm missing stuff.