Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Iddqd went over seag's video too. I think he mostly just wants to tone down ults.

I like slasher pointing out how awful the assault / 2 point capture maps are. Whenever I get one in mystery, I just leave unless I'm backfilling in the middle of the match.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Iddqd went over seag's video too. I think he mostly just wants to tone down ults.

I like slasher pointing out how awful the assault / 2 point capture maps are. Whenever I get one in mystery, I just leave unless I'm backfilling in the middle of the match.

I got back filled into a 5 DPS team of 2CP yesterday and lost my "be nice" rank of 4 because of it(I left the match immediately). Fuck those maps. They'll never put in any kind of map selection or voting because no one would play on those maps except masochists.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm hoping it catches on and more people do it so eventually they see it in the data (assuming they even look).

Inque

FunEmployed
WTF did they do to Doomfist that everyone playing him is LITERALLY one-shotting people? No matter what character I run across, I get charged and if that doesn't do it, I'm knocked into the air and can't defend myself and BOOM, dead.

Cybsled

But guys... I got 4 golds!

This is exactly why I disagree with Seagull's point on this

No scoreboard or stats (increases toxicity)

Look at the "scoreboard" we do have. "You guys fucking suck, I got gold damage!". Can you imagine a FULL scoreboard? Holy fuck, the toxic factor would explode "Dude, this MERCY is doing more damage than McCree? Blizzard plz add votekick and report this noob".

Molten Core Raider
Well the nerf bat, or in this case, nerf boulder (?) is incoming to Brig on the ptr soon. Apparently they're reducing her shield bash damage from 50 down to 5 but buffing her heals to start sooner, heal longer and heal more. I guess Bliz has learned she's more of a damage hero than support hero and is fixing that. Drastically.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
toxicity is a valid game strat in overwatch, sadly. if you can tilt your enemy team you can win. seen it so many times, peop
WTF did they do to Doomfist that everyone playing him is LITERALLY one-shotting people? No matter what character I run across, I get charged and if that doesn't do it, I'm knocked into the air and can't defend myself and BOOM, dead.

ya hes being nerfed apparently, but yeah hes super overpowering, i stun him as brigette on his charge then he just hops up runs away and comes back to try again. so ridic.
everyones saying the brig nerf will be too much and make her too vulnerable. well see
HERO UPDATES
Bastion

• Configuration: Recon
    • Ammo increased from 25 to 35
  • Configuration: Sentry
    • Weapon spread decreased by up to 33% while firing
Developer Comments: Bastion could use a little bit of an offensive boost to balance out how vulnerable Configuration: Recon’s bulky size and Sentry’s stationary nature make it. To address this, we increased the ammo he receives in Recon mode and gave Bastion a lower spread in Sentry mode to make it more effective at farther ranges than it was previously.

Brigitte

• Shield Bash
    • No longer can travel or stun targets through barriers
Developer Comments: Brigitte’s Shield Bash is a strong ability that often feels difficult to counter. This change will offer new options for counter play, enabling shield tanks to better protect themselves and their teammates.

Doomfist

• Rising Uppercut
    • Loss of air control duration lowered to 0.6 seconds from 3 seconds
  • Seismic Slam
    • Maximum range reduced from 20 meters to 15 meters
Developer Comments: Doomfist’s high mobility allows him to engage and disengage from extremely long ranges. Decreasing the range of his targeted aerial version of Seismic Slam requires him to get closer before engaging an enemy and makes it slightly harder for him to escape from combat. The loss of air control on Rising Uppercut was a frustrating mechanic for players, but it allowed Doomfist to set up combos. We’ve found a decent middle ground by limiting the time Doomfist has to line up his next move.

McCree

• Peacekeeper
    • Alternate fire damage increased from 45 to 55
Developer Comments: McCree’s Fan the Hammer wasn’t as reliable of an option against higher health heroes as it should be. Increasing its damage will make it more potent in close-range engagements where it is intended to be most effective.

Soldier: 76

• Tactical Visor
    • No longer makes Helix Rockets auto-target enemies
Developer Comments: The intent of Tactical Visor is to make Soldier: 76 unable to miss during its duration. However, Helix Rockets have travel time, so if they were fired directly at an enemy they would often miss a moving target at further ranges. This change allows players to freely aim Helix Rockets while still auto-aiming his primary fire.

Torbjörn

• Molten Core
    • Damage increased from 130 to 160 per second
Developer Comments: While the Molten Core damage pools were intended to provide players with tools for area denial, they weren’t proving threatening enough to deter enemies for a significant amount of time because their damage was too low.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ouch nerfing bash dmg too. wtf
The following changes are planned for a PTR patch that will probably come on Monday.

Brigitte

• Shield Bash
    • Damage reduced from 50 to 5
  • Inspire Passive
    • Cooldown reduced from 1.5s to 1.0s
    • Duration increased from 5s to 6s
    • Total healing increased from 80 to 100
Dev Notes: Reduces Shield Bash’s damage reduces her total stun combo damage potential while still allowing Whip Shot and her basic melee attacks to retain their full strength. Brigitte is a hybrid tank/healer, and lately we’ve been reducing her effectiveness by reducing the power of her non-healing functionality, but we want to make sure she is still a viable pick so we’re increasing the uptime of her Inspire passive to help increase her overall healing output.

Doomfist

• Seismic Slam
    • Victims no longer lose air control while being pulled in.
  • Meteor Strike
    • Inner ring damage radius increased from 1.5m to 2.0m. This is the ring where Meteor Strike deals its full 300 damage.
    • Max damage outside of inner ring decreased from 300 to 200. This is the ring where damage falloff happens, which still reduces the damage down to 15 at max range.
Dev Notes: The PTR Doomfist changes are all about trying to give his enemies more opportunities to effectively fight back, and these changes are no exception. The Meteor Strike changes will make it harder to secure a “free” kill on heroes without mobility such as Zenyatta or Ana, while still preserving its max potential damage when aimed well or when combined with other abilities such as Graviton Surge or Sleep Dart.

Overall we’re looking carefully at the amount of crowd control abilities (such as stuns and knockbacks that remove air control) and seeing if we can remove or reduce some of the effectiveness of some of these. Any further changes to this PTR will be posted in this thread as well.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is exactly why I disagree with Seagull's point on this

Look at the "scoreboard" we do have. "You guys fucking suck, I got gold damage!". Can you imagine a FULL scoreboard? Holy fuck, the toxic factor would explode "Dude, this MERCY is doing more damage than McCree? Blizzard plz add votekick and report this noob".

You seem to be equating toxicity to criticism? Maybe if we can identify the Mcree is doing less damage then a Mercy we can work together to change up the team? I remember in League when I would see some crazy off meta pick and think to myself here we go, then I look up the guys stat page and see he's like 70% win rate.

Also the scoreboard we do have is a joke. The whole joke of "I have 4 golds" is because that doesn't tell you any meaningful shit. You could be farming roadhogs off in the distance building meter for Moira and Ana. Also what does saying "I have 4 golds" even mean if I can't see that you have 4 golds. What does damage on a hero mean if it doesn't lead to a kill. What does an elimination mean if it doesn't lead to a majority team wipe.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya add more avoid slots and a score board. life would be so great. people would have consequences for throwing or one tricking cause theyd never be off my avoid list if it was bigger. right now im constantly removing and adding people to my 3 slots after each game.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Ive been saying that since forever. His punch(assuming you hit a wall from it) does 250 damage which means it 1 shot most heroes and has a 4 second cooldown. Its absolutely retarded when you consider Brigitte's shield bash(basically the exact same mechanic) only does 50 currently, has a 6 second cooldown and has a MUCH shorter range.

Combine his insane burst damage with equally insane mobility thanks to uppercut and slam and you end up with the most op hero in the game. Doesnt help the cunt gets extra health for every person he hits making him extremely survivable when he dives in.

Seems Blizzard's only way to balance heroes is to making them OP and after months of bitching then bring them back down to reality.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I never saw the need for a scoreboard, it would add toxicity for sure. Nobody takes criticism well, and there is never a reason to criticize during a match. People aren't going to change much and will often just tilt or rage.

Best to try and coordinate and strategize future actions rather than criticize past actions.

Scoreboard is necessary in MOBAs so you can see who's fed. That aspect doesn't exist in OW... Yea you'll be able to see who's a good player, but you can normally see that without a scoreboard.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The scoreboard argument seagull made was about making space for off meta picks, and a more accurate understanding of the how/why a team is losing. People who show they can perform will be left alone. It could be one of the meta pickers letting you down. It degrades into hazing the off meta person when they might not be at fault.

A scoreboard in a competitive game is a natural thing. Its competitive. Someone loses when you play such a game, there is no way to protect people from losing. People who haze that are the worst performing members of their respective team via a scoreboard would be easily muted. Advice from someone dominating the boards has more weight. Participation medal/hiding the truth is not how you end toxicity.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a place for no scoreboard in QP. If people don't want to deal with it that's completely understandable. However, in a competitive environment you are truly impeding your team to make the right decisions without giving them all the information they need. I'm not saying it can't be done by a group of 6 like minded individuals who can communicate over voice and what not. However, what if I have two healers on my team who just aren't putting enough HPS throughput. I, as a DPS player or as a Tank player might switch to an extra healer. Sure the team looks wonkey now with 3 healers a DPS and and 2tank or 3 healers 2 dps and 1 tank but having the extra throughput might get us that extra survivability we need to win team fights.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I personally think a scoreboard would add to the toxicity, people would see results they don't like and go off on someone.

Also a scoreboard doesn't tell the whole picture, and probably difficult to have stats that would reflect the impact of some heroes. Mei for example usually doesn't get tons of eliminations or low damage, but her ability to wall off push and control the game would not be reflected on a scoreboard. Some stats can be misleading too, a Sombra using EMP and getting 6 people but her entire group is dead and no follow up would show that she got tons of people hacked with no impact.

Also stats might show DPS doing badly, but it's because the tanks are off flanking rather than creating space making it hard for DPS to do their job. Maybe the tanks are dying because Moira is DPSing, it might be hard to reflect that properly on a leaderboard.

I'm not 100% against it, but I think because the way Overwatch works, the stats would be easy to misinterpret. It's a team based game, and the performance of some heroes is dependent on other heroes doing their job.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course like any tool they can be misused. But the solution shouldn't be to take away the tool. And like you said the stats they have are pretty inconsequential and don't paint the whole picture. There have been ideas for better stats for years now that they haven't implemented (not even scoreboard but redoing the golds you can see for yourself).

Also, like somebody said earlier the word toxicity is being thrown around ambiguously (I'm guilty of this too). A person is going to be a shit regardless if you help him be a shit or not.

Shit they don't even need to put the scoreboard in, I'd be fine with just being able to see stats again. So this guy wants to play Genji and has a 5% win rate on it. At least I know what to expect. I'm not gonna rage at him, I'm not going to keep asking him to switch off if he doesn't want to. But at least I know what to expect in the grand scheme of the game.

Inque

FunEmployed
Yeah Ive been saying that since forever. His punch(assuming you hit a wall from it) does 250 damage which means it 1 shot most heroes and has a 4 second cooldown. Its absolutely retarded when you consider Brigitte's shield bash(basically the exact same mechanic) only does 50 currently, has a 6 second cooldown and has a MUCH shorter range.

Combine his insane burst damage with equally insane mobility thanks to uppercut and slam and you end up with the most op hero in the game. Doesnt help the cunt gets extra health for every person he hits making him extremely survivable when he dives in.

Seems Blizzard's only way to balance heroes is to making them OP and after months of bitching then bring them back down to reality.

I mean a GOOD Doom player made excellent use of the abilities and was a borderline nuisance in any mode. Now the past three months though I feel like they buffed him up and the guys EVERY WHERE - and it doesn't matter if the person is good, they just blow shit up, but if they're really really good they really really blow shit up and you're just helpless. Soon as I get knocked in the air, unless I'm playing Junkrat, I'm as good as dead (or Moira).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So XQC gets banned again, and quits Overwatch.

He goes and play Minecraft and gets 27K viewers while Overwatch at the same time had 26K total while Seagull is streaming.

I think he'll be ok without Overwatch.