Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
While I like 2/2/2, I've noticed that it sucks when you get stuck with shitty dps, and then I ask myself why didnt I go DPS.. oh wait thats because its a 6 minute queue. But at least I know reaper rapes everyone and we need a hitscan when theres pharah. Game is pretty bad at night, I like playing during the day seems like smarter people.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Trading in OWL is so fucking dumb because no one trades players just a player for cash.

Poor Fleta because the last thing I would want to do is play for a China team.

Araxen

This is what I thought all along. It's going to be Overwatch patch 2.0. I bet the PVE thing will cost money.

My gut feeling is that it'll be out before the end of the year because they need this out before OWL's preseason starts. The PVP portion will hit PTR on Friday , Monday, or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Araxen

So far Overwatch 2 seems like it's going to be a $60 PVE DLC. The way Jeff explained the whole shared experience thing was so confusing.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Sounded like the entire pvp section will be shared new maps and characters, so really you don't need to upgrade to OW2 if you're just going to pvp as usual, so yeah essentially a pve expansion for story mode.

Last edited:

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Idk, Mei looked like she had a doublechin thing.. or just a round as fuck face. Mei is still the fucking cutest. I wish we got more scope on where everyone else is in the world, definitely love their way of story telling; i just want more. I'll buy into their PvE if I get episodic videos and such.

I really really want them to add that brig/rein shield put into the game. Would be an interesting mechanic if Brig can lock onto a barrier to enhance it, or expand it by a certain percent. Seems like a really good support idea in the regards to how they were trying to work Symm in the beginning as a "non-traditional"

I'll definitely scoop the PvE version if its fairpriced, like 20-30$. I enjoy horde, esp when you go for the hard mode.. the omnic crisis event and the halloween event were fun on their first pass, so imaging an extension of the game dedicated.. hopeful, but cautious. I definitely though after the chains of disasters, and 2018 blizzcon.. Activision was gonna straight go for money grabs.

Last edited:

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does anyone else find it super weird how blizzard are pushing 'overwatch 2' when it seems clear its just a pve expansion with some slight engine upgrades? Like we all haven't played a dlc/expansion before?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone else find it super weird how blizzard are pushing 'overwatch 2' when it seems clear its just a pve expansion with some slight engine upgrades? Like we all haven't played a dlc/expansion before?
I think it's super bad marketing too. They are trying to justify the cost by calling it a different game, and it's just confusing the market.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Jeff said a long time ago they wouldn't do expansions for Overwatch, so this is their stupid verbal way of not breaking that promise.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I saw a steam earlier and it really looks meh. Some mission where there wer bots all over the place and then they attck some ship, anyway, yeah, hard pass.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah calling this Overwatch 2 makes literally zero sense. I don't think it will help sell more boxes and now makes it impossible for them to release an actual Overwatch 2. Is that going to now be Overwatch 3? What the fuck were they thinking.

Araxen

I'm watching the Seagull VOD and it's just the standard Overwatch PVE of wave spawning for the most part. Zzzzzzzzz....