Overwatch

khorum

Murder Apologist
LOL wow USA swept South Korea out 3-0 in the semifinals.

Thanks, Trump.

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
The event PvE things are neat, a few times, doesn't seem worth it to spend money for just that. It'd make more sense to have the events be semi DLC, where you can only get specific DLC skins and weapon graphics. Golden weapons is boring. Most of the event skins are crap.

An updated Mercy DLC Witch skin and a DLC broomstick instead of the regular staff? That kind of stuff would be nice. Maybe even make the weapons/abilities have a small bonus modifier for non competitive play during the event, and a bigger bonus for the PvE crap. Animated sprays, that'd be cool too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
bunch of blowout in world cup today. USA might be the team to beat.

From what little I watched, it seemed like the meta is in flux a little which will make for upsets. It's a little different from OWL. I saw a lot more Mei than I remember there being during the last couple weeks of OWL. I could be totally off on that assessment though.

Last edited:

Araxen

This is coming too... OW1

So you'll get even more leavers if you are in Deathmatch now. As if there wasn't enough already.

Araxen

Alphacast : CONFIRMED: The Overwatch client will eventually merge with the Overwatch 2 client. There will only be one game. "OW2" will be the client that everyone will use. People who have not purchased OW2 will simply have the "PVE" part locked. Just as predicted 👀 "

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly if the PVE stuff was free, or even something up to like $20 I'd log in and put some play time into it. At $60 I'm just going to keep on not playing Overwatch

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honestly if the PVE stuff was free, or even something up to like $20 I'd log in and put some play time into it. At $60 I'm just going to keep on not playing Overwatch

I think more people logged in for BF:V update than played this friday....
lmao sad

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah calling this Overwatch 2 makes literally zero sense. I don't think it will help sell more boxes and now makes it impossible for them to release an actual Overwatch 2. Is that going to now be Overwatch 3? What the fuck were they thinking.

Kaplan goes over it a bit on the end of the panel, and I am kind of happy that they're going this route because everything I have done or gained in Overwatch isn't just swept in the rug on the next Call of Duty 23 or Battlefield 24, then to see them cash grab a DLC content for another 20$ just so I can play some hd version of a map I played in CoD2.. It's just nice that it isn't gating the game by any means via buy-in.. its just if you want to PvE/Story, you can go scoop additional content for x amount like DLC; and we know that shit is going to go on sale a few times in the year. I wish more games went this route to be honest, just taking a game and continuously pushing it rather than bringing an entirely new installment.. just upgrading and adding as it moves forward.

I would be legitimately shocked if it was 60$ just for the PvE. I haven't seen anything regarding price.. shit I don't even think they know. I can't see it being over 20$, 30$ is easily pushing it but acceptable to some degree. If you don't own the game, getting both the PvP and the PvE content for 60$ doesn't seem like a horrible catch when other games break your legs just to get DLC for the next year. I think there are some games that use this, or have used this. I think one of the Call of Duty's allowed you to buy the PvP mode, and the single player which included zombies; separately, and I think R6 had some sort of package deal early on; I think before Operation Health, idk.

As far as I understand, the 2 isn't really representing that its a new game either. Yes they're adding some big things behind this with the PvE shit, but it seems for them.. the two is more signified to the next major chapter in their story. They're utilizing the PvE to push that even further as the world gets bigger.. I don't personally care too much, cinematics are awesome and will probably be up on youtube.. but its cool imaging the world as a whole.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This pve better be more interesting than the pve they have for their various yearly events. Im good for playing those once then im done

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Toronto map? Will it be a construction filled payload push that takes two hours to complete?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They didn't actually sweep SK; they beat them after SK got 1 win and got a tie in the 4th round.

Was pretty intense to see it from the arena floor; I'm not a big overwatch guy by any means (I liked the PVE stuff they had to demo on the floor; should probably tell you enough) but there was a shitload of energy in the arena for the Semi-final vs. SK. Also a lot going on when Soon on the French team basically stuffed the Netherlands into the ground.

Semi-Final match with SK was definitely the "real" final, hah.

khorum

Murder Apologist
SK fought their way back into the semis but I was referring to their series that got the US into the semis and yes, the US swept them 3-0 in that series.

Araxen

I watched some gameplay footage of Push, and it looks like it could be the best mode in Overwatch. It's too bad we have to wait till OW2 for it.

Last edited: