Overwatch

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ugh pretty lame that comp is down for a few weeks, I just assumed it'd be like hearthstone and start again on the same day. Why are they having comp down time at all?

Myst

Peasant
I ended the season with SR 61 in solo queue. I have been trying to coach some of my friends but to no avail. I kid you not, two of them are at SR 28-30. If you guys want to group up, hit me up in the new season. I really want to try and aim a bit higher.

Golden weapons on Reaper is going to be bad ass.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I've been playing Blizzard games since WC2, and I've been a big fan of pretty much all their IP's ever since. When I watch the OW shorts I jget the feeling that this is going to be their IP that could reach a global family audience someday with movies, etc. I feel like there is a new level of creative energy behind these that just isn't there in their other IP's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Love the new short. Got my golden Zarya gun. New patch looks nice with the new skins and emotes.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The Bastion short was extremely well done. Great storytelling without any dialogue at all. Shame they botched the Warcraft movie.

Fadaar

That guy
Every time Riot releases a new video I think man they're catching up to Blizzard. Then Blizzard releases something and I realize no, they're not even in the same fucking ballpark. Only one that I think has remotely come close was the Jinx video.

Xalara

Golden Squire
So I've been playing Blizzard games since WC2, and I've been a big fan of pretty much all their IP's ever since. When I watch the OW shorts I jget the feeling that this is going to be their IP that could reach a global family audience someday with movies, etc. I feel like there is a new level of creative energy behind these that just isn't there in their other IP's.

That was the plan when Overwatch was Project Titan. I don't think that's the plan now but who knows.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
What competitive FPS do you think are better releases?

You could argue CS:GO I'd say, but beyond that? TF2?

Um, no game has had a good competitive at release... more specifically from the dev's point of view. I think it is definitely the cleanest competitive release i've seen so far, a little cookie cutter and having everyone sorta stuck in the 30-70 category, being that its kinda a challenge to exceed either higher or lower. I give them more credit for the transparency, because having done CSGO competitive and getting updates dropped on us and then some sort of statement a week or two later because reddit started rioting.. yeaaaah. Then League of Legends system of updating feels like dog shit too. Atleast Tigole puts forth a video statement, which feels more organic and real? rather than robots just doing things cause they think its right? idk... only game I find they try to listen.

It wasn't until 2015 did things actually pick up for CSGO, parallel to the growth of skins. Before league of legends started gaining steam, e-sports as a whole was niche/undergroundish~

TF2 and fun is really a matter of opinion, like most things. If I recall correctly when TF2 released in 2007? It was kinda sorta, a steaming pile of dog shit. It didn't start picking up until it went F2P, so every 10 and 12 yearold hopped on it.. then all the boxes made it even more fun.. then they shit on it from the perspective of my group friends. I was still neck deep in 1.6, but I can definitely recall people extremely upset over the redesign of Team Fortress.

I really enjoy the idea of seasons.. I kinda hope they decide when the gallery gets bigger, or they tend to expand, it happens at the end of a season. So I can say something like, holy shit Season 1, Zen/McCree combo was a thing. Maintaining rank in CSGO seasons for something like Faceit/FPL is difficult because you feel like you're constantly being challenged for an entire year, no breaks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Unfortunately now everyone will be like "hey remember when they pulled off genji's pants and every employee at blizzard including Tenks raped him repeatedly, on and on, again and again?"

you sound like the rogue from the WoRoguecraft videos 11 years ago. "no one realizes the kind of skill required to play genji and now they've nerfed him for no reason!!!" get real. seagull/poke/nameyourfavoritestreamer overreacting. trust.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
20130924234837a0dl74faikl4u7bb.jpg

latest

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
you sound like the rogue from the WoRoguecraft videos 11 years ago. "no one realizes the kind of skill required to play genji and now they've nerfed him for no reason!!!" get real. seagull/poke/nameyourfavoritestreamer overreacting. trust.
Non genji player confirmed

Poke can die in a grease fire in the back of a pickup truck for all I care

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Grandpa Krovvy. Will you tell us the story where you ruined Poke's game with your Hanzo?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Well my dear child... one night, not long ago on a snowy day in Nepal.. me and my squad of 2 found ourselves in a lopsided match, where the ratings were differed by a number larger than 10. Without any insight on what we were up against from my perspective, my teammates were not shy in expressing that both Navi and Poke are of high-tier streamers/players. With the fear instilled in them, and having the foresight of the constant nano Genji coming to wreck our entire team. We found that, the Genji.. aka Poke was actually a potato with a sword. The match began to a 1-0.. then the struggle began to where it was 1-2... we were certain we were doomed. Though, we struggled.. there was a consistent outcry of random arrows, and bs.. it made me strive to keep my pick and provide a level of salt that no other champion could. With one failed aggression in which, Poke thought he could be sneaky and flank the team in the village.. he was immediately shut down by a sleeping dart, to a hook, followed by an arrow. Mistakes were made, and now the match was locked in to a 2-2. The salt levels were at a steady level of 5/6, after that round it rose to an 8/9. We found ourselves back on the shrine, and I continued to wait for this spiderman like Genji to try and climb on the corners of the point, to only be met w/ my arrows. The cries grew louder.. as I rewatched the VoD.. there was only one level headed individual, who kept explaining that they needed to focus the Hanzo.. and he went by the name of Roflgator, who is now the coach to Fnatic. Poke and Navi continued to belittle their team, as the salt levels continued to rise, to the point where it ended 3-2.. His salt between both Poke and Navi broke the scale.. he rage quit ranked and went back to smurfing.. where Navi ended up ditching him. Lulz between my people were had, re-watching the match.

All in all, Poke is not good.. hes one of the people who are good because of the people around him. People are probably entertained by him in a similar way people like Tyler1. With the nerf of Genji, and the change to how rank is distributed.. I won't be surprised if he won't end up a mid tier rager. I didn't notice Navi much that match, but my friend who was going to main Ana said that was his rival for the #1 spot, and that his averages were and still are ass in comparison.. but since Ana/Hanzo doesn't mix, hes stuck on Rein kek.

All in all, I found that day.. Poke was not my equal.. even though not him, enjoy this shot on a fellow Genji that isn't being made from a PTR/Hanzo.

edit; friend told me Seagull went on stream addressing the Genji issue as okay/needed. I wish I had some sort of capture to back me up rather than what my friend is saying... but it was basically on par of what we, as my group of friends, have been discussing.

But essentially he is agreeing with the nerfs in the aspect that he will require a little more thought than the initial absolute aggression. It was a nerf that was designated to hit solo queue genji's, which I have stated before.. he is literally the only champion to successfully decimate teams by himself. He is going to have to think a little more, and utilize his abilities properly.

The nerf is an adjustment to playstyle. He's going to be less, let me hop around the inside of your team and more let me get behind your team and agitate, similar to that of tracer. Good Genji's will continue to be good/annoying Genji's.. it's just going to be facilitated better by team comp and use, rather than being that he has his ult so he can go in whenever.. like we see in live.

Last edited:

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Unfortunately now everyone will be like "hey remember when they pulled off genji's pants and every employee at blizzard including Tenks raped him repeatedly, on and on, again and again?"
I get you main Genji so this nerf upsets you, but you have to know how powerful he was before this. How many other characters could you reliably get 3+ kills with one ult? Genji is the one character that could clear objectives all by himself. Everyone else combos together.

The jump fix sounds annoying as shit because of how much relearning it's going to cause, but while he's way less mobile now, he still remains the most mobile character in the game.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I get you main Genji so this nerf upsets you, but you have to know how powerful he was before this. How many other characters could you reliably get 3+ kills with one ult? Genji is the one character that could clear objectives all by himself. Everyone else combos together.

The jump fix sounds annoying as shit because of how much relearning it's going to cause, but while he's way less mobile now, he still remains the most mobile character in the game.

DVa, junkrat, mei, bastion, and rein?