Oxygen Not Included

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I fell off this hard, once you need atmo-suits and oil it becomes a crawl to get anything done. I love this game but going to wait for release or next major patch.
Quality of life Mk3 in April then full release in late May with new biomes, creatures, items and mod support. After that, the team will move on to making DLC to expand the world.

Caliane

Its insane this game is still technically in beta, and has more content coming for "release".

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Quality of life Mk3 in April then full release in late May with new biomes, creatures, items and mod support. After that, the team will move on to making DLC to expand the world.

Nice I will be back in for sure, love all the stuff you can do with gases.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I no lifed the shit out of this today. Think I’m gonna force myself to take a break until May so there’s still some new car smell to look forward to. With Sekiro and Outward coming out this week, I shouldn’t have a problem staying distracted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I no lifed the shit out of this today. Think I’m gonna force myself to take a break until May so there’s still some new car smell to look forward to. With Sekiro and Outward coming out this week, I shouldn’t have a problem staying distracted.

Did you get Outward on PS4? Come journey with me and Utnayan!

iannis

Musty Nester

I hit the point with it where i've hit the current dev cycle.

I did some steam turbines, and you have to build them in such a specific way that... it's the edge of actual content I think. There's also no very good in-game way to learn how they work which leads me to think that.

They -do- work and they're functional and all that. But it looks like there's only 1 or 2 viable ways to use them.

You do hit the point where it starts feeling less and less developed. Which is exactly what I would expect from an early access game, and don't feel ripped off in the least.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
New patch came out recently, but I’m resisting the urge to play it since full release is in about a month. They reworked steam turbines btw 😉

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
New patch came out recently, but I’m resisting the urge to play it since full release is in about a month. They reworked steam turbines btw 😉

I put 20 or so hours into this patch, literally natural gased my colony to death due to expanding too quickly. When my main power supply went dormant it just went down hill from there, I didn't make any self sustaining oxygen generators though so that was on me.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Slowly figuring the game out, but can't figure out if it's possible to produce specific foods until I have X on hand without some sort of automation setup: Is this possible?

Also, what happened to James James ? He hasn't posted in some time.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You could automate smart-storage to restrict access based on inventory levels so you could make it become inaccessible once you hit a certain number of a specific food but I've never done that. I'd end up spending hours optimizing something like that lol.

I once copied the "hydrogen hood" design from the subreddit and used automation logic to compress the hydrogen gas in the chimney so that my habitation zone stayed in the optimal pressure range. Spent the whole game tweaking that thing:

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Launch upgrade preview is available on Steam, or you can watch summary vids on YT.

Tons of new shit, three new biomes and a limited ability to pick your starting asteroid.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Game launches on July 30.

I've been playing the shit out of it, I'm on the launch beta thingie and found a seed on Rime with 1 x iron, 2 x gold, 1 x cooper, 2 x volcanoes, 1 x minor volcano, 2 x leaky oil fissure, 3 x cool steam vent, 1 x steam vent, 1 x clorine vent, 1 x hot CO2 vent, 1 x cold CO2 vent, 1 x salt water fissure, 3 x oil vents.

I'm up to 10 steam turbines already and there's room for a few more.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Game launches on July 30.

I've been playing the shit out of it, I'm on the launch beta thingie and found a seed on Rime with 1 x iron, 2 x gold, 1 x cooper, 2 x volcanoes, 1 x minor volcano, 2 x leaky oil fissure, 3 x cool steam vent, 1 x steam vent, 1 x clorine vent, 1 x hot CO2 vent, 1 x cold CO2 vent, 1 x salt water fissure, 3 x oil vents.

I'm up to 10 steam turbines already and there's room for a few more.

I opted into the launch upgrade beta and started a new game but I can't find the fucking JOBS BOARD am going I nuts?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I opted into the launch upgrade beta and started a new game but I can't find the fucking JOBS BOARD am going I nuts?

The new skill system makes the jobs board pointless so they took it out. You just directly assign skill points through the skill interface, and when you change hats they get the new one from the printer portal now.

• 1Like

Intropy

Shit Gamer
So excited for the launch. I think this might be one of my favorite games of all time, but I've forcing myself not to play it for the last 8+ months so I wouldn't be burned out at release. Been creaming my jeans seeing all the new features they've added for release.

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is definitely one of the greatest games of all time, and I've been waiting for its release to play heavily again as well.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I tried getting into it but I just can't enjoy the ant-farm view of it. Never been a fan of that sort of 2d perspective. Every other bit of it was rather well done.