Oxygen Not Included

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried getting into it but I just can't enjoy the ant-farm view of it. Never been a fan of that sort of 2d perspective. Every other bit of it was rather well done.

You are literally worse than hitler.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Normally I hate 2d style games across the board. But this and that recent Metroidvania were solid despite the limiting view aspect

khorum

Murder Apologist
2d lets you use gravity alongside the game's physics and fluid dynamics for some fun builds. My favorite things to do are gravity filters and pumps that end up being energy-neutral or net extra electricity. The rotate-able turbine is gonna be amazing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So hows the update? Thinking about getting into this
Been playing all evening and loving it so far. It's only gotten more intuitive and enjoyable since I first played a few months ago. The only reason I put it down was because they announced a release date.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'll have to boot it up again. I played it maybe 2-3 updates back and loved it, but for sure hit the point where it wasn't finished.

It's a very cute fishbowl type game and they've got some interesting fluid/gas dynamics.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm gonna give them another week to smooth things out a bit more and for the seed library to get populated so i can cherry pick exactly what i want.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm also champing at the bit to play the release. Hopefully smooth version is soon :)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
? Didnt the big update drop yday?

Either way im playing first time going in blind except for a couple how to googles. I can tell im headed for disaster already

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Yeah, full release came out yesterday. If you are on beta branch, don't forget to switch back to release branch so you get the update! Haven't encountered or heard of any major bugs reported yet, so I don't think there is any reason to wait!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Switched to release for me automagically actually, I'd been opted into the launch upgrade for weeks.

Started on one of the harder planets and they are NOT fucking around with the metal scarcity one.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ive quickly realized this game is best enjoyed by watching autists play it on youtube

khorum

Murder Apologist
The survival game is really fun on the more challenging worlds and a lot of the older youtube stuff isn't relevant with the new biomes. A lot of the new biomes and critters obsolete a lot of the old builds. The salt biome alone and desalination in the ocean worlds more or less throws out 80-90% of all the youtube guides out there.

The lumber/ethanol/pip biome is another.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The survival game is really fun on the more challenging worlds and a lot of the older youtube stuff isn't relevant with the new biomes. A lot of the new biomes and critters obsolete a lot of the old builds. The salt biome alone and desalination in the ocean worlds more or less throws out 80-90% of all the youtube guides out there.

The lumber/ethanol/pip biome is another.

ya i'm watching brothgar's recent run, dude's fucking insane, just hit the episode where he enabled the test patch (jul 2nd) and spliced some bioms into his base.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
ya i'm watching brothgar's recent run, dude's fucking insane, just hit the episode where he enabled the test patch (jul 2nd) and spliced some bioms into his base.
Ive found that a lot of his coolest builds ended up being possible only pretty late in the game because most of them are only efficient in the sandbox!

Still learned a ton of automation and filter tricks from him tho. Using metal floor tiles as a poor man's temp shift plates was a literal gamechanger.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i don't know what this means

He has his own chat server that brainstorms and refines ideas. So it's not like he's a one-man show coming up with all those hyper-sophisticated engineering marvels in ONI.