Pacific Rim

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it is said that jax teller and the japanese girl pilot an older mech, the oldest strongest mech? so that's probably what gypsy danger is, also did anyone see rocket punch at the very end? looked like the arm had rockets at the elbow to make it punch harder when gypsy danger goes to strike the kaiju.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Why does the Russian jaeger (Cherno Alpha) look like it has a bucket on its head? Lol, definitely the funniest looking one.
I think it's supposed to look like the cooling tower of a nuclear power plant. At least, that's the impression I got from it.

According to the blueprint that is where the long-term energy storage is located.

fucker_sl

shitlord
i was scared to click it for spoilers but aside from the double head bash it was exactly the same thing, just with scenes mixed a little bit

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Only robot stuff I had growing up were Transformers, GoBots, Voltron and uhhh that's it.
Same here.. I really didn't line up Pacific Rim with anything else was simply because I didn't think it was similar to Voltron, Power Rangers, etc. Now, if 5 or so Marines got in some animals and formed them together at the end of the movie to make a larger robot then yeah, I would have made a comment. I think this movie stands on its on for the most part. My wife did watch the trailer during The Hobbit and asked me if this was Cloverfield though...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
seriously, i think some of you guys are fucked in the head. this looks dumb as shit, and i fucking love del toro. think del toro is going to go the way of james cameron: make fucking brilliant movies when you're young and still believe in things like plot, dialogue and character development (aliens, terminator) and then get away from that and just put all emphasis into special effects and watch a bunch of fucking morons say that it's an amazing movie even though it's complete and total shit (titanic and avatar).

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
seriously, i think some of you guys are fucked in the head. this looks dumb as shit, and i fucking love del toro. think del toro is going to go the way of james cameron: make fucking brilliant movies when you're young and still believe in things like plot, dialogue and character development (aliens, terminator) and then get away from that and just put all emphasis into special effects and watch a bunch of fucking morons say that it's an amazing movie even though it's complete and total shit (titanic and avatar).
Don't be afraid to dream bro. I feel your pain, but man, that's brutal stark take on our friend Del Toro.

fucker_sl

shitlord
repeat with me:

giant....robots....versus....giant....monsters....

again

once more

if you dont have a boner by now, you don't belong to this forum, and to the male gender in general

seriously, unless we are talking about Transformers level of stupidity....who doesnt love some fucking giant robots vs giant monsters mayhem ?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
repeat with me:

again

once more

if you dont have a boner by now, you don't belong to this forum, and to the male gender in general

seriously, unless we are talking about Transformers level of stupidity....who doesnt love some fucking giant robots vs giant monsters mayhem ?
all i read was transformers, transformers, transformers. which equates to shit, shit and more shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not really big on giant robot fights but will probably still go see the movie. I have no indictment on Del Toro because of this movie though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
all i read was transformers, transformers, transformers. which equates to shit, shit and more shit.
We get it, you're gay and brave enough to come out. Good for you, move on. Go tell your father.

So I heard someone on a podcast today mention that this was supposed to be "Del Toro's Star Wars" and that he wanted to make a few of them.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Could this movie be bad? Definitely. Am I gonna give a try? Definitely.

Theres movies with special effects that suck, movies with special effects that are awesome. This movie is giving off exactly the right sort of vibes so far, so I'll remain optimistic until I'm given a reason not to be.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Yup. Going into it knowing I'm most likely not going to be impressed by the acting or the dialogue, but as far as mindless entertainment goes - if the special effects and action is cool, then it's well worth my ticket. Anything more would be icing.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
We get it, you're gay and brave enough to come out. Good for you, move on. Go tell your father.

So I heard someone on a podcast today mention that this was supposed to be "Del Toro's Star Wars" and that he wanted to make a few of them.
you're jerking off to a movie that's essentially "avatar" meets the power rangers and you're calling me gay?