Pacific Rim

Zech_sl

shitlord
Im not overly excited but this seems to be getting some pretty nice buzz. Del Torro, Elba, and Hunnam...i guess it could be worse. We will just have to see.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
HHtn2.jpg
ibtYiKDqsvXVEU.jpg

Not like that's a bad thing, of course.
smile.png

HHtn2.jpg

HHtn2.jpg

fucker_sl

shitlord
the big question i have right now is: there will be lots and lots of portal inside jokes? because the potential is there. And if there are, i'm so going to be the only one laughing at the them at the cinema because i'll probably be the only one catching the references
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
the big question i have right now is: there will be lots and lots of portal inside jokes? because the potential is there. And if there are, i'm so going to be the only one laughing at the them at the cinema because i'll probably be the only one catching the references
frown.png
Portal is a very popular game. You won't be the only one.

frown.png

frown.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Even if the movie overall is mediocre, at least we can be comforted by the fact that it will be visually amazing. That's one thing Guillermo del Toro never fails at.

Juvarisx

Florida
Giant Robots
Giant Monsters
SHit getting fucked up Godzilla style
Video Game culture getting nodded at ie. glad0s
Helping this movie do well directly ensures Mountains of Madness gets made

What other reasons do you need to see this Jesus Christ

Caliane

Evangelion.. art.

ffs.

Do you defend ME3 and indoctrination?
FF8 and squall dead?

Maec_sl

shitlord
Looks pretty good overall. Pretty damn stupid though to make the mechs require two people to make them work.

Dwarogan_sl

shitlord
HI guys, after seeing the trailer for Pacific Rim someone posted in the Screenshots thread I noticed something
Does anyone here know the RTS-game Metal Fatigue? You were controlling the normal units, tanks, planes and so on, but also thess huge robots, called combots. That game was fucking awesome and I loved it. Anyway, the whole concept of the combots is basically the same as the concept of the huge robots in Pacific Rim.

I mean, huge robots are hardly anything innovative, but the way you steer them with your own body, the female AI-Voice helping you control them and so on, its just basically the same.

So shame on you Guillermo del Toro for ripping off one of my favourite games! Also, awesome game, you should definitely give it a try.
And jokes aside, looks like a fine movie
wink.png

Here the Intro for reference:

wink.png

wink.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Showed my nerd brother the trailer. He was interested, then he saw them suiting up and said in a high pitched hopeful voice "giant robots??" then they showed them and he threw his arms up. "Giant robots! Finally!!".

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes because listening to Shinji be a huge faggot for 115 of the 120 minutes would be just great.
and then end with a confusing and nonsensical ending that needs to be redone at at least 2 times in the future.