Pain & Gain

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I have a feeling that's what's going to happen.

Look at how the Rock's character is portrayed in the trailer and then at the image of him with the charred hand.
We'll see - the preview certainly didn't give me the impression it was treating the source material very seriously... Maybe Michael Bay has a non-douchey side.

Also, before watching the preview but after reading that 40 page essay about the case - I would have bet anything The Rock would have been Lugo and Marky Mark was portraying the Doorbal guy. Seemed odd and didn't sync with what I'd pictured. I guess the Rock's character is totally made up for the movie...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I want to see this....but knowing the real story that inspired it and the fact they turned it into a comedy...I'm not sure I can.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah they shouldnt even try to say its based on a real story, im sure 30 seconds or less was more accurate to the bomb story but they said it had nothing to do with those events atleast. I mean at least say inspired, not "This is a true story"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If anything, this is the type of movie that has an excuse to pirate and not support.
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just finished reading that loooong article... This is like Fargo, in Miami. Yet I'm not really sure we're going to see Wahlberg and the Rock in the light they SHOULD be shown in. Could be wrong /shrug Bay seems like the complete opposite of who you'd want portraying this story. Just seems fucked up all around.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I can see how some of it could be humorous, as they were pathetically incompetent in many ways. That is only if you skim over it and don't really think about the content. Any kind of level of higher thought and serious consideration and you have to realize this is an example of really horrible and vile side of humanity.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
They deserve it really.

If you read the full accounting of the events it is really quite disgusting, yet this movie, or at least the commercial I keep seeing makes it seems like adorable bumbling robin hood types. That these guys who kidnapped, murdered, tortured and robbed people are really just good guys trying to earn an honest buck off a bad guy. It is rather sickening.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I said as much back in December after reading the article.

I mean, it's one thing to make a dark-comedy about your family members' murders, but to have Michael Bay direct it is simply unforgivable.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I said as much back in December after reading the article.

I mean, it's one thing to make a dark-comedy about your family members' murders, but to have Michael Bay direct it is simply unforgivable.
It doesn't even look like "dark-comedy" it looks like ACTION-LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Comedy of some kind from the commercial. I guess the commercial could be different from the movie, but it looks like a happy-go-lucky good guys taking on the mean old 1%-er movie. Which is a total gross misrepresentation of the events to say the least.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
This story has black comedy written all over it. And much like real life, no one was innocent, except maybe Griga's girlfriend. Incompentent, bureaucratic cops, people who got wealth out of fraud and the sex trade, dumbass stripper girls, 'roided out dipshits who want everything the easy way, the fucking feds who would apparently have let everybody go just to get one fraudulent schemer. Add in that special Michael Bay touch and you've got a hilarious movie that might be so funny it'll make people think. Yes, I just said that about a fucking Michael Bay flick. This is his Apocalypse Now. His Citizen Kane. This is the movie he was made to direct. Tits, explosions and fires, dumbass 'roidheads glistening in the Miami sun and I guarantee a fucking American flag in there somewhere. This is going to be such a clusterfuck of the worst of humanity seen through Bay's lens. It's going to be brilliant. Like a dog run over on a South American highway, whose blood makes a Virgin Mary or something.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This story has black comedy written all over it. And much like real life, no one was innocent, except maybe Griga's girlfriend. Incompentent, bureaucratic cops, people who got wealth out of fraud and the sex trade, dumbass stripper girls, 'roided out dipshits who want everything the easy way, the fucking feds who would apparently have let everybody go just to get one fraudulent schemer. Add in that special Michael Bay touch and you've got a hilarious movie that might be so funny it'll make people think. Yes, I just said that about a fucking Michael Bay flick. This is his Apocalypse Now. His Citizen Kane. This is the movie he was made to direct. Tits, explosions and fires, dumbass 'roidheads glistening in the Miami sun and I guarantee a fucking American flag in there somewhere. This is going to be such a clusterfuck of the worst of humanity seen through Bay's lens. It's going to be brilliant. Like a dog run over on a South American highway, whose blood makes a Virgin Mary or something.
this is the movie he was made to direct? i wouldn't hire michael bay to direct my nephew's birthday party. the guy is a complete and total hack. if this movie would have followed more closely to what actually happened, it would have been a dark, disturbing look at the human psyche, and could have been pulled off ala "fargo" by the coen brothers. unfortunately, what the coen brothers leave in the toilet has more talent than michael bay. michael bay is the LAST director in hollywood that this script should have been given to.

the special michael bay touch? you mean the explosions and car chases he puts in every one of his movies for the brain dead masses?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I can see it now.

-singing- "......Happy Birthday To Yooooooooooou!!"

"Make a wish!!!"

-Kid leans in to blow out candels.-

rrr_img_20756.jpg
lol! all you need to do is add the homo erotic tension between two guys in tight fitting tee shirts and you have every bay movie ever made!