Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Are we talking about Brad the brilliant accountant or Brad the brilliant MMO visionary here?
The sad part is, since a money manager donated it, it's probably all taken care of neatly for him.Ifit's a gift, said money manager will be doing all the paper work for Brad because he'll need to file so the IRS can track the lifetime limit (Which most likely his trustee is under, so nothing is going to get paid--if he's not, most likely the giver will pay anyway in this case). OR (More likely) he would have set it up so Brad was offering a service (So brad pays; and his trustee doesn't get it counted against his gift limit), and even then he'll make sure the paper work is done as due diligence (Which Brad can then zero out with the "wages" he paid as a sole proprietor). There is no way Brad will fuck this up because he's most likely not handling it. (And the reason he probably didn't release more funds was because Brad didn't have the paper work needed for actual investment; heh.)

And Vhalen just quit for good:

Terminusians,

My time on Terminus is at an end. As with many of the worlds I have trod upon, forces beyond control have descended upon my valiant team and me, leading us on a quest for new realities. My adventures here have come to an end and I shall miss you all for this was a community greater than any I have seen. Smaller than most, but filled with passion greater than all others combined. Together, we nearly shook the pillars of heaven. I hope we can all unite in other realms. There are still great worlds to create, exciting tales to tell and wondrous treasures to discover. For the LORE4 and I this is not farewell but simply. Till Yonder

Vhalen

(Tony Garcia)

@TheLore4| Lore 4

Lore4 on Facebook

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every time you think it can't get worse it does.

I never cared about pantheon one way are the other, but now I worry the next step in getting worse may involve some of the people in this project harming themselves.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Every time you think it can't get worse it does.

I never cared about pantheon one way are the other, but now I worry the next step in getting worse may involve some of the people in this project harming themselves.
I hope not
frown.png

Real talk

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The team is Brad, Tom and Chris

I'd say the meeting didn't go well. Brad most likely was asked to step aside and declined.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As Iannis said; there was no incorporation, so it's not embezzlement. The only hick up in his plan is that a single donation of 35k exceeds the 13k limit on gifts, but more than likely the giver will be responsible since a money manager is doing it. However, he could just say that the money was for some kind of service (With Brad as the sole proprietor); and then Brad can cancel it out with wage losses, or he might not even need to do that depending on his deductible obligations. The point is, it's not much and he can claim it numerous ways without taxation (And since a trust fund manager is handling it, I assume this is being done). Long and short, since the funding is all split up--it's gifts. They are HIS gifts, because it never went towards an incorporated business, to.

What I can't believe is that he thinks 55k is three months salary for a start up. I know Frenzic said he thinks he got that wrong, but if that's the actual amount that's shocking even for how bad this is.

Naa; the only money that even needs to be reported is the 35k, and he doesn't have any other income, that's so easy to zero out a child could do it. Also, if it's a straight up gift, the giver is probably going to take responsibility for the taxes because of certain record keeping needs.
I don't know much about kickstarter, but is that really how it's set up? You can start one for whatever reason, pocket all the money, then tell everyone "shit happens, deal with it"?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was the lore guy? what good is lore when you dont have a game to go with it? its just a fanfiction blog at this point.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I don't know much about kickstarter, but is that really how it's set up? You can start one for whatever reason, pocket all the money, then tell everyone "shit happens, deal with it"?
No, on kickstarter there is some level of protection for donators. However, Pantheon's kickstarter failed, this money was obtained separately on the Pantheon website

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Amod, can you change the title of this thread to Pantheon: Oh for fuck's sake...

spronk

FPS noob
not much protection on kickstarter, if someone figures out something shady before the project funds, Kickstarter can stop everything (money doesn't flow out until the kickstarter is done) but once its done the money is gone into the projects account forever and there is nothing ks can do. Washington state though recently filed a lawsuit (few pages back) against someone who just walked away with $25k in 2012 and didn't deliver, so there are legal remedies that tend to get expensive and time consuming.

and brad can totally just walk away with all the money, it went into his bank account and it was all basically small (well some big) donations more or less, not investments. However he does need to treat the money right, and can't just say "welp a ton of people gave me $75k this year, I don't owe you anything IRS!" They don't really give a shit where you get your money, they just want their cut of it and Brad strikes me as the kinda guy who will not want/be able to give them their cut, and thats when you get into real trouble.

Maybe Brad should talk to the Nevada Militia guys and convince them he is a libertarian and the gobment is trying to steal his freedoms

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand how anyone can get behind this project.. Brad literally stole money. He was caught by Sal. It's not like he told them what he did. He got caught .. He stole from them and us.

imijj_sl

shitlord
The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust. Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project. He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project.
So basically he used the money people donated to the project as a personal bank account. If that's not illegal it should at least be enough to keep anyone from every giving him another nickel.

imijj_sl

shitlord
Yep. Kickstarter pretends like they look into the shit to make sure it's legit,, but you're basically at the mercy of the people who you're giving the money to. The only thing Kickstarter provides is media attention.