Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

imijj_sl

shitlord
Answers I got from two different interviews with Brad- These are direct answers from him and not my personal opinion. Hopefully some of this is new information, I believe it is.

The development- Looking for a Unity designer to further develop the demo. New Kickstarter or Indigogo attempt could be made if this demo gets polished. The goal of the new crowd funding would be to gain enough money to build more systems and get the product out to potential investors. Amount of the new project would be much smaller than the 800k original goal.

The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust. Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project. He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project.

The past- Brad sees that many people are clamoring about the money he made before and why he is suddenly broke. He elaborated by saying, yes he made a lot of money with Everquest, but he also lost a great deal of money in the stock market in 2007. He went on to say that he has assets worth money, but no cash to his name.

The future- Going forward Brad is looking for talented video editors to make his raw footage look more appealing. I offered my services which would include getting my hands on the build itself and shooting my own footage. I hope he agrees to my terms, because I think I can get something nice out of it from what I've seen. The Unity developer is perhaps the most important step going forward. Without someone to make new zones, there is little to show off on a new kickstarter. Much attention is going towards this goal as well as continuing to find investors.
By the way - where did this info come from? I know you said interviews - does that mean you have a transcript of a bunch of questions somewhere? Or were you just talking to him?

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
And Vhalen just quit for good:
Heh, I don't know why but his goodbye post really fucking irks me. Shit like "Smaller than most, but filled with passion greater than all others combined. Together, we nearly shook the pillars of heaven."

No they didn't.... They took a pipe dream and pasted that shit all over the internet with Brad's named attached to it. The extent of their idea was no more elaborate than something I could have come up with while dropping a turd. Brad is not necessary for a project. All they have to do is get their buddies together and start making Pantheon v2 or whatever! Just get used to the fucking idea that you don't get industry standard wages when you are starting up a business of your own.

imijj_sl

shitlord
Evidently Brad answered some questions on a Teamspeak server that was recently set up by a member of the community for the community.
I wonder what the reaction was. That seems like it would require some serious mental gymnastics to make right, even for full on cult members.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
No they didn't.... They took a pipe dream and pasted that shit all over the internet with Brad's named attached to it. The extent of their idea was no more elaborate than something I could have come up with while dropping a turd. Brad is not necessary for a project. All they have to do is get their buddies together and start making Pantheon v2 or whatever! Just get used to the fucking idea that you don't get industry standard wages when you are starting up a business of your own.
Considering what was there during and throughout the campaign (Kickstarter and beyond), I'd say Brad's name and the EQ nostalgia is the only thing that was drawing attention to Pantheon. It sucks because he turned around and buried the project, but Pantheon without Brad's name would've grabbed about $5k on Kickstarter.

imijj_sl

shitlord
Heh, I don't know why but his goodbye post really fucking irks me. Shit like "Smaller than most, but filled with passion greater than all others combined. Together, we nearly shook the pillars of heaven."

Yeah, everyone involved in this project is either delusional, untrustworthy, or both.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Considering what was there during and throughout the campaign (Kickstarter and beyond), I'd say Brad's name and the EQ nostalgia is the only thing that was drawing attention to Pantheon. It sucks because he turned around and buried the project, but Pantheon without Brad's name would've grabbed about $5k on Kickstarter.
Oh yeah, I completely agree that the only reason they got any money was because of Brad's name, but for all these guys to call it quits because their is no money is fucking baloney. As much as I dislike Brad these guys could have done what a every other guy out there trying to start his own thing does, and work weekends, nights, or whenever. Eat cheap, save money... you know all that jazz, and then released a well done kickstarter with actual in-game footage and shit. Instead it was like "Oh well! I guess we can't get industry standard levels of pay while making this pipe dream time to move on!"

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't think so, I hadn't actually been to these boards before, but learned about them through the Pantheon site and wanted to check them out.
Let me introduce you to our mascot Shelly

rrr_img_65990.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Now that the Pantheon team has shed the "dead weight", they can focus on FULL DEVELOPMENT MODE!

First pic of the meeting.

RGQ2t4O.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Thanks, had to see what all the hoopla was about!
Welcome to rerolled.

We are a venemous pit of cynical and jaded never-tried-too-hards who have aged beyond even the dream of e-glory and now only share the one purpose of following Brad McQuaid around and calling him a dumbhead.

If you give Draegan 5 bucks then you become a premium junkie. No different color name or anything, sorry. BUT -- any time a junkie tells a_skeleton_03 "DANCE FOR ME", a_skeleton_03 is legally obligated to.

You'll need skype.