Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Or perhaps he realizes the further one has Fallen, the higher he can Rise
This is all just very subtle meta-marketing. Once Brad hits rock-bottom during all of this, he will rise up and produce the best game ever made. Pantheon:Rise of the Fallen

He just needs to pilfer another 20 - 30 grand to complete the script.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This is all just very subtle meta-marketing. Once Brad hits rock-bottom during all of this, he will rise up and produce the best game ever made. Pantheon:Rise of the Fallen

He just needs to pilfer another 20 - 30 grand to complete the script.
I'd Kickstart that documentary.
The Rise and Fall of Brad McQuaid

Emotiv

Silver Squire
I think the saddest thing from the aftermath is the lack of respect for the original team. The guys who - for better or worse - didliterally everythingtowards what's currently considered Pantheon. The kool-aid drinkers hanging on cant seem to grasp thateverythingthat got them hyped up about Pantheon is now gone. Everything but the guy poorly managing the money and The VisionT

And it's not like Vanguard this time where Brad can bring in amateurs to complete the professionals work. This time the amateurs are starting from the ground up.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of Pantheons gate believe the original devs are making this all up. It's a smear campaign. It's funny to see guys like Vu go from talented and hard working in their eyes, to saying he isn't very good and this new guy can accomplish more.

Reality is, Brad set this team and project up for failure by lying every step of the way.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
As far as the cars go, I do specifically remember Brad saying that he had sold some of his other cars, but kept the NSX because it was special to him for whatever reason. Whether he did or didn't sell other vehicles, it's obvious that the proceeds from those sales didn't go towards Pantheon in any way, shape or form given that he helped himself to a good chunk of the funds raised.

What an entitled fuckwad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as the cars go, I do specifically remember Brad saying that he had sold some of his other cars, but kept the NSX because it was special to him for whatever reason. Whether he did or didn't sell other vehicles, it's obvious that the proceeds from those sales didn't go towards Pantheon in any way, shape or form given that he helped himself to a good chunk of the funds raised.

What an entitled fuckwad.
Yea, I'm confused on the car part. I was told he sold 2 but not for the project. That money went to his bills. Possibly the maid service for upkeep with his mansion!?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What exactlyisThe Vision? Corpse runs? Uninstanced raids? No in-game maps? Forced groups?

Well whoopty fuckin' doo
kWVmkMX.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think the saddest thing from the aftermath is the lack of respect for the original team. The guys who - for better or worse - didliterally everythingtowards what's currently considered Pantheon. The kool-aid drinkers hanging on cant seem to grasp thateverythingthat got them hyped up about Pantheon is now gone. Everything but the guy managing the money and The VisionT
Let's get one thing straight... There was nothing about Pantheon to get excited about after the kickstarter launched. Brad absolutely holds a large share of the blame, but almost everything that was shown was just bad

I'm not gonna pretend to know the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals involved, or which parts of Pantheon's development were which dev's responsibilities, but the end results were quite weak. Concept art, background lore, writing, etc etc were all extremely weak.

Let's face it. This was a team of people who were out of work in the San Diego area at the same time. Do people who excel at their jobs generally lose them? No. If they were rock stars the companies they worked for would have found spots for them. The results on Pantheon thus far are very indicative of this.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
Let's get one thing straight... There was nothing about Pantheon to get excited about after the kickstarter launched. Brad absolutely holds a large share of the blame, but almost everything that was shown was just bad

I'm not gonna pretend to know the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals involved, or which parts of Pantheon's development were which dev's responsibilities, but the end results were quite weak. Concept art, background lore, writing, etc etc were all extremely weak.

Let's face it. This was a team of people who were out of work in the San Diego area at the same time. Do people who excel at their jobs generally lose them? No. If they were rock stars the companies they worked for would have found spots for them. The results on Pantheon thus far are very indicative of this.
I think - for myself anyways - the sell was the idea of a group oriented niche MMO, rewarding those who put in time and effort the most. The MMO genre is in fucking shambles when the next gen games like Wildstar are trying to hook people with a Warcraft reskin + goddamn hoverboards. Every MMO wants to be everything to everyone, which makes most homogenized trash. Much like I don't want to buy a compilation album. If I like metal, I don't want to be fed Lady Gaga, Dixie Chicks and Lil Wayne to get my little taste. I want a Metal album.

If somebody find me a game doing that, I'll never talk about Brad McQuaid and Pantheon ever again. We're a starved, desperate community.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
So the "sell" was the neckbeard community's stupidity?

Sounds about right
You're right pot, us kettles had better smarten up next time.

But it's not like I took out a bank loan; I tossed a little cash at a product I thought could be cool. I've spent more money on shitty restaurants.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think - for myself anyways - the sell was the idea of a group oriented niche MMO, rewarding those who put in time and effort the most. The MMO genre is in fucking shambles when the next gen games like Wildstar are trying to hook people with a Warcraft reskin + goddamn hoverboards. Every MMO wants to be everything to everyone, which makes most homogenized trash. Much like I don't want to buy a compilation album. If I like metal, I don't want to be fed Lady Gaga, Dixie Chicks and Lil Wayne to get my little taste. I want a Metal album.

If somebody find me a game doing that, I'll never talk about Brad McQuaid and Pantheon ever again. We're a starved, desperate community.
So in other words, it doesn't matter what it's about or anything like that, as long as it's a 'group oriented niche MMO', then who the hell cares about anything else? Congrats, you're the exact type of player who bought into the bullshit that's called 'Pantheon'. It's funny you complain about the MMO genre of being full of Warcraft reskins when you're basically asking for an EQ reskin. Here's a tip, usually when something is just a 'reskin', it's never as good as the original.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You're right pot, us kettles had better smarten up next time.

But it's not like I took out a bank loan; I tossed a little cash at a product I thought could be cool. I've spent more money on shitty restaurants.
You atleast got to eat at said shit restaurants.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dont forget hell levels and experience penalties based on race and class. imagine a lv 55 troll SK trying to get a group because nobody wants that kind of exp hole bringing them down to his his snail's pace.

kudos

<Banned>
dont forget hell levels and experience penalties based on race and class. imagine a lv 55 troll SK trying to get a group because nobody wants that kind of exp hole bringing them down to his his snail's pace.
Other group members xp penalties didn't change what your incoming xp gain was. It was just a personal penalty. Every mob was worth x amount of xp.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Other group members xp penalties didn't change what your incoming xp gain was. It was just a personal penalty. Every mob was worth x amount of xp.
Yeah but it was a pretty common misconception that it worked the way Astr0 described.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but it was a pretty common misconception that it worked the way Astr0 described.
haha, I just remembered how ridiculous the whole XP thing in EQ was. It was a massive, massive, MASSIVE concession on the part of SOE to add the thin little blue line to the XP graph so you could see your experience creeping along in a bit more detail. And actually, it wasn't just XP. It was everything. Any little concession towards common sense and/or playability was a huge battle.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Actually, I think they do. The 'pie' is split evenly based on individual players total experience.

All three below get the same 'cut' of the exp pie. If the SK were level 22, he'd get a bigger cut of the pie since his exp total would be higher.

A human monk with 10,000,000xp is level 20.
A halfling warrior with 10,000,000xp is level 22
A troll shadowknight with 10,000,000xp is level 18

Since the Troll SK takes 68% more exp to level, if you continuously group with one and he's the same level, he will eat a bigger piece of the pie. As long as his total exp is greater than you. It was a really bad design.

Just to note, this was from classic and removed later.