Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Wait a fucking minute. Is the entire team made up of forum posters from the website?
Yep. 100%. The guy Monteseur they're lauding as their zone creator has only been piddling around in Unity as well for 10ish months too if I remember right.

I'm wholly expecting the next announcement to be they've gotten a 14 year old who makes TF2 maps at this point.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
At first I misread that as"22 hours a day"and I was thinking that they must have counted Sean 34 million times.
Yeah that averages 3 hours a day and they are calling that hardcore? In EQ/Kunark/Velious if you logged in, traveled to where you wanted to go, find a group; you would be ready to log after your 3rd group pull. And that's if you were lucky with getting a group.

I also agree that most kids playing games these days are playing instant gratification games. I see my step son playing games like Civilization (Which is about as deep as he gets these days) on his 360, but then he was watching me play Tomb Raider on my PS4 and I went into a crypt with a few fairly easy puzzles to figure out, and he hates them. He says he just wants his hand held and to blow stuff up a majority of the time. I am thinking he and his friends would have a different mind set had publishers not gone this route, but you cannot blame them for dumbing everything down when it pulls in billions of dollars.

The majority of games we are looking for in here (I am guessing the average poster is between 25-40 in here) are games which require critical thinking, character investment, unique game play mechanisms, and challenge. Unfortunately, that is now a niche and not a mainstream demographic. And even as old as I am (40) my mind set is changing a bit. I hate playing DOTA2 because of it's itemization complexity, but love HOTS because it is easy to pick up, understand, and play. I also am addicted to Hearthstone but that is even more fun for me because not only is it easy to play, it's fun to think of unique ways to use your class cards. (Priest for example. Using that card that reverses your healing to damage spells and then launching a tirade of zero cost circle of healing cards)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep. 100%. The guy Monteseur they're lauding as their zone creator has only been piddling around in Unity as well for 10ish months too if I remember right.

I'm wholly expecting the next announcement to be they've gotten a 14 year old who makes TF2 maps at this point.
Best part is Brad is still paying himself!!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not to continue this 500 page derail...but

Your link seems to all over the place and goes against your point in many aspects.

Half are women....44% play on cellphone...91% have parent present when purchasing game?

Interesting read though.
Yeah, these numbers seem fake or bad statistics. 91% of purchased games have a parent present? How the hell can they tell what if the game is for a kid or a parent is present if the game is purchased online? How can average gamers be that old if they have a parent present 91% of the time?

It's all kinds of bogus and shouldn't be used for either side of the argument.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How the hell can they tell what if the game is for a kid or a parent is present if the game is purchased online? How can average gamers be that old if they have a parent present 91% of the time?
Basement dwelling neckbeards still using Mom's credit card. Pretty obvious.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm more bothered that adults are using the "but I'll have tons of kids to play with" argument for justifying games with massive time-sinks.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, these numbers seem fake or bad statistics. 91% of purchased games have a parent present? How the hell can they tell what if the game is for a kid or a parent is present if the game is purchased online? How can average gamers be that old if they have a parent present 91% of the time?

It's all kinds of bogus and shouldn't be used for either side of the argument.
They don't all go together. This explains it better (page 8)

91% of parents whose children play games are present when games are purchased or rented

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2014.pdf

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Good find. The idiot who made that infographic needs to revise it because it's pretty misleading as is.
It's still from the ESA. That's akin to saying people should trust Foxnews or MSNBC to get proper representation of party lines.

I would trust the ESA about as much as trusting IGN on a review of a publisher's game when they just received a contract for $250k in ad funding.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's still from the ESA. That's akin to saying people should trust Foxnews or MSNBC to get proper representation of party lines.

I would trust the ESA about as much as trusting IGN on a review of a publisher's game when they just received a contract for $250k in ad funding.
It can be biased, sure, but it should at least be internally consistent if they're pushing something.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Was this already posted?

"Update:
We are having great success re-building the team, including the Lore and Moderator teams. A huge thanks to all who are volunteering their time!
1. New Lore: the WarWizard. Check it out in the Wiki and on FB (the new art from JP Targete is full size on FB)!
2. New Lore Master: Please welcome Sparkling and her growing team!
3. New Lead Moderators: Please congratulate Multisync & Kyndread!
4. New Unity Zone builder: Please welcome Montreseur!!
I'm still working through all of the resumes, with help from Sparkling. One of my main next goals is to find a Unity programmer who can take over from where the project itself was left.
-Brad"
Needs more exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I can't wait for the drama when he discovers that volunteers tend to wander off as soon as they get board.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Some dumb fuck on Pantheon forums_sl said:
Looking for details on the $250 Pathfinder Pledge.
I cant seem to find any info on what the $250 Pathfinder pledege , could someone please direct me to that information, thankyou.
Please tell me this is someone from this forum just trolling them... I'd guess not because he has an orange name and I don't think anyone here is that retarded.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I can't wait for the drama when he discovers that volunteers tend to wander off as soon as they get board.
They aren't volunteers.

They are apprentice developers, working pro bono. Putting in all sorts of work.

They might also be receiving forum access for free while they can revel in their status with different colored forum handles!