Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much that. Most people I talk to were willing to throw in a few bucks at first, but every day the kickstarter made awful decisions and eventually all of us yanked our pledges long before the KS came to its end. I don't think that was a big deal. I feel like we gave them a fair shot at showing us what we wanted to see and telling us what we wanted to hear, and they failed to do that. It's when they retreated to their insanity castle echo-chamber and summoned the council of apprentice developers that things reached full-hilarity.
I remember early on (like week one of the KS) most of the comments on here were really positive, wanting to get the word out and basically dismissing anyone who had criticism of Brad or the project. If you brought up stuff like VG and the bullshit that followed you were basically told 'everyone makes mistakes'. If you brought up that the KS doing poorly early on was a bad sign, you were told that all KS' earn money over time, see Pathfinder.

That being said, there was constructive criticism by almost everyone about the KS itself. How the tiers were retarded, how ridiculous some of the stretch goals were, etc. During this time Brad was actively posting here and in fact put a couple of those ideas to work (like getting rid of the ridiculous 'slash' screen). By week 2, I think most people saw the writing on the wall. It was during this time that realization came that people posting on KS forums were insane.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I remember early on (like week one of the KS) most of the comments on here were really positive, wanting to get the word out and basically dismissing anyone who had criticism of Brad or the project. If you brought up stuff like VG and the bullshit that followed you were basically told 'everyone makes mistakes'. If you brought up that the KS doing poorly early on was a bad sign, you were told that all KS' earn money over time, see Pathfinder.

That being said, there was constructive criticism by almost everyone about the KS itself. How the tiers were retarded, how ridiculous some of the stretch goals were, etc. During this time Brad was actively posting here and in fact put a couple of those ideas to work (like getting rid of the ridiculous 'slash' screen). By week 2, I think most people saw the writing on the wall. It was during this time that realization came that people posting on KS forums were insane.
I think everyone gave it an initial chance but as soon as Brad didn't address key concerns and began revealing not only himself but their disfunction, people wisely jumped off board. If Brad would have done things right and given any sign of competence, I think people would have embraced the game and helped it right along the way. However, this community has "been there and done that" and you can't pull the wool over our eyes. Regardless, the industry is saturated with MMO's and higher profile companies have plenty on the horizon. Thus why would anyone support as much as Pantheon demanded, not only monetarily but the time and emotion, and it just didn't seem worth it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
watch+dogs+best+dogs.+greenish-gray+Source+is+Mega64+channel+on+YT.+greenish-gray_0993da_5174855.gif

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
If Brad would have done things right and given any sign of competence, I think people would have embraced the game and helped it right along the way.
Brad has never shown anything even remotely similar to competence, not once. He maybe had one idea, which was stealing a mud design and put in 3D, but aside from that he did jack and shit, except... you know, sinking a 30 million dollars project, firing people in a parking lot without even showing up. He was then employed again by his friend Smed, probably just because he was a friend and he thanked him by being useless again.
Then this scam, because face it, it's just a fucking scam, but the people being scammed are asking for more so, whatever floats their boats I guess.

The Pantheon threads, while a source of entertainment and also an enthralling trip into the abyss of the human psyche, are a proof that this guy should just disappear and apologize, then go flip burgers for a living or do nothing if he's packed enough still to live without working. Everything he touches turns to shit one way or the other. EQ was probably just a mistake (in fact emergent gameplay wasn't intended, imagine that) or, as some would say, he did fuck all for it, but was lucky to have it trademarked with his name on top.

Good riddance.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Isn't the whole point of emergent gameplay that it is not intended? If you design it in, that's not really 'emergent' at all.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the most offensive thing about all this is that they may have discredited this type of MMO. Besides the original EQ, FFXI, and to a lesser extent VG... what other MMO is a group focused PvE game? I can't think of one. The only non WoW clones on the horizon are focused on PvP. Looks like nothing but solo quest hubbing for the foreseeable future.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the most offensive thing about all this is that they may have discredited this type of MMO. Besides the original EQ, FFXI, and to a lesser extent VG... what other MMO is a group focused PvE game? I can't think of one. The only non WoW clones on the horizon are focused on PvP. Looks like nothing but solo quest hubbing for the foreseeable future.
I think Brad definitely did some damage to this style of gaming.. It's really going to take some new guys looking to brake into the industry, who love that type of game, to step up and make a run at one.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I made an account over there. I seriously just dont have the heart to troll those guys. It's just so sad.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Holy FUCK. Did a plane full of retards crash on an island, with the only form of communication to the outside world being RR?

The whole Pantheon kickstarter thing has really brought the numbnutzes out of the woodwork.

Send them back! Send them back!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The worst part of this thread being on perma rickshaw status is that RRPed cultists like Beck are free to shit it up again. I want to hear more about JesusQuest the MMO and less about Beck's decade old internet sleuthing skills, please.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We need our mole. Someone must get past their old lady defenses..

I think the indigogo will provide the most Lolz!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The worst part of this thread being on perma rickshaw status is that RRPed cultists like Beck are free to shit it up again. I want to hear more about JesusQuest the MMO and less about Beck's decade old internet sleuthing skills, please.
There's a Pantheon thread in the MMO section forrealJesus-talk.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's not cool to talk about the mans drug addiction remember guys.
There is still zero evidence that he is currently addicted to drugs besides 'he looks stoned'.

The people calling him out on it with no proof were, and still are, way out of line. Bring some proof to the table and then we can discuss reality. We aren't a bunch of gossiping sorority girls that operate on assumptions.