Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's such a shame they didn't show off the demo during the kickstarter. That would have pumped up at least a million bucks worth of nerdgasms imo.

/mourn stretch goals, now we're never going to be able to play as bards ever again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That walk animation is terrible
reminds me of somebody who has to pinch a loaf very badly and is slowly making their way over to the bathroom without shitting their pants. its a new low that those videos have brad's name on them. he must be very proud of himself right now.

NotSure_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_69381.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I disagree. Poorly done Korean FTP games are WAAAAAAAAY better than that pos linked above.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's pretty bad. It also looks like something that pretty much anyone can do in a short amount of time. Congrats, you made a stock Unity video.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I first saw that they posted the videos I didn't know what to think. Kyndread told me that they were working on these new videos for weeks and they would showcase all the new features and work the project has done. Now that I've seen them I'm once again disgusted. This is the SAME shit they had from the original team!! The same characters, the same build, the same fucked up animations, the same typos... This is pathetic and sad. I told them not to release this shit while I was there. They must be so desperate to show something. Ask any old team member, this is the same shit they made, not the new team. What a fucking joke. In all this time since the kickstarter... 151,000 dollars... Brad fucking Mcquaid... Help me Jesus!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I first saw that they posted the videos I didn't know what to think. Kyndread told me that they were working on these new videos for weeks and they would showcase all the new features and work the project has done. Now that I've seen them I'm once again disgusted. This is the SAME shit they had from the original team!! The same characters, the same build, the same fucked up animations, the same typos... This is pathetic and sad. I told them not to release this shit while I was there. They must be so desperate to show something. Ask any old team member, this is the same shit they made, not the new team. What a fucking joke. In all this time since the kickstarter... 151,000 dollars... Brad fucking Mcquaid... Help me Jesus!
That $151,000 number is the same figure from when the original team left is it not? If so I'm not really sure what else they can produce when they basically have zero resources to put into the project (and will continue to have nothing).

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
That $151,000 number is the same figure from when the original team left is it not? If so I'm not really sure what else they can produce when they basically have zero resources to put into the project (and will continue to have nothing).
Was 142,000 so they gained 10k since then. The employees are working for free right now tho so that's irrelevant.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Title should be "Ten Months and $151,000 Later and Still Nothing Worth Looking At"

iannis

Musty Nester
Well. Responsible people recycle.

They need to add "Gluten Free" and "Eco Friendly" to their advertising.

Those two are free. And they're not my best ones. If you want more, I want a fancy ass "Journeyman Developer of Marketing Lore" title.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
The team is made of a bunch of fringe nutjobs at the moment so they'll try/do anything. I suspect they're thinking "we must continue to make ourselves relevant and remind the public of what we're doing so we can try to get more backers". Hence their drive by PR shenanigans.

But like I've said before, this is actually a good thing. Why? Because they're helping everyone be aware of their nuttery. They couldnt make their neon warning sign any brighter at this point(though Im sure they're gonna try.... that's what crazies do).

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Looks like one of the pantheon cultists is already on there trying to defend it too:

agemyth:""People in the know", so a random person posted something negative about Brad McQuaid and/or his project on the internet?

This footage shows many features that did not exist in the game in anything else they have shown publicly. Rumor monger all you want, but you have nothing solid against this piece of news except whatever e-grudge you can't let go of."

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like one of the pantheon cultists is already on there trying to defend it too:

agemyth:""People in the know", so a random person posted something negative about Brad McQuaid and/or his project on the internet?

This footage shows many features that did not exist in the game in anything else they have shown publicly. Rumor monger all you want, but you have nothing solid against this piece of news except whatever e-grudge you can't let go of."

I've been reading the comments over at mmorpg. Some people you just can't help. One guy posted that the majority of the assets in the video are new including the character models. I guess he missed the part where the mage was in the Kickstart pictures and the other model is named sillius... Clearly brand new!

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Advanced Forum Detail Topic - Letter to Rerolled Community

For those who may be banned:

Greetings,

I wanted to give an alternative perspective and respond to the negativity and false claims being made over on rerolled. I would have posted this there but they declined to approve my account so I will post it here instead.

It has been said that the most recent update and videos do not show anything new and no progress has been made since the last team left. This couldn't be any further from the truth. Over the last few weeks we have made tremendous progress.

Here is a short list of changes made:

1. New network code was written and implemented.

2. The unfinished scene (zone) shown in the video is completely new, and not the same as shown before. The exception here is that previous character models were used but these are placeholders until new models can be worked on.

3. First dungeon is currently being worked on and has yet to be shown.

4. Early weather system and day/night cycle implemented and demonstrated.

5. First server has been set up (prior to this the game was hosted locally.)

6. Early registration and login server set up.

7. Original music for the game is being composed and can be heard in the video.

These are just a few of the monumental steps forward made just over the last few weeks. Not to mention we rolled out a new version of the website which has been generally well received. Although some of the items listed may not make for an exciting video, they are crucial and necessary building blocks in MMO creation. We are basically working on the foundation for the game. Once completed, more resources can be used to build off of the foundation and make for more exciting video content.

One other thing that needs to be said is that we are all volunteers and donating our time to help give the game the best chance to succeed. We all have families, jobs, lives and other responsibilities but donate our time nevertheless because we are passionate about this game. Please give us a bit of slack as we are doing the best we can in our spare time. Some consideration and understanding would be much appreciated, we are only human.

Thank you and I hope that this helps even out the one-sided negative viewpoints shared by so many on rerolled. With some faith and patience you will see this game continue to take shape and come to life. We hope that everyone will be able to look past previous disappointments and prejudices and look upon the new work done with an open mind.

Hope to see you all in Pantheon in the near future!

-Matt (Kyndread)