Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Emotiv

Silver Squire
Letter to the Pantheon community

Where's Brad? Seriously, do you know where the guy making 90% of the money is the majority of the time? Is this a Brad McQuaid made game or are you just using his name? How much of this product has he himself created?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Letter to the Pantheon community

Where's Brad? Seriously, do you know where the guy making 90% of the money is the majority of the time? Is this a Brad McQuaid made game or are you just using his name? How much of this product has he himself created?
None. As quoted before : he even skipped out for parts of the dev meeting in his own garage. The original team said he would go weeks without any communication or returning phone calls.

To kyndread- thanks for reading is bro. We would post the same over there but most of us are banned for no other reason then questioning the project. You also talk out your ass. If you really do have all the builds like I do then you are flat out lying. It's reused assets with a tiny bit of new Monty work. Day night cycle is simple with unity and stock. Account creation again old and stock. All this time and money and nothing new to show yet you expect people to get excited and throw more money down the drain. You're just as big a scum as Brad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Advanced Forum Detail Topic - Letter to Rerolled Community

For those who may be banned:

Greetings,

I wanted to give an alternative perspective and respond to the negativity and false claims being made over on rerolled. I would have posted this there but they declined to approve my account so I will post it here instead.

It has been said that the most recent update and videos do not show anything new and no progress has been made since the last team left. This couldn't be any further from the truth. Over the last few weeks we have made tremendous progress.

Here is a short list of changes made:

1. New network code was written and implemented.

2. The unfinished scene (zone) shown in the video is completely new, and not the same as shown before. The exception here is that previous character models were used but these are placeholders until new models can be worked on.

3. First dungeon is currently being worked on and has yet to be shown.

4. Early weather system and day/night cycle implemented and demonstrated.

5. First server has been set up (prior to this the game was hosted locally.)

6. Early registration and login server set up.

7. Original music for the game is being composed and can be heard in the video.

These are just a few of the monumental steps forward made just over the last few weeks. Not to mention we rolled out a new version of the website which has been generally well received. Although some of the items listed may not make for an exciting video, they are crucial and necessary building blocks in MMO creation. We are basically working on the foundation for the game. Once completed, more resources can be used to build off of the foundation and make for more exciting video content.

One other thing that needs to be said is that we are all volunteers and donating our time to help give the game the best chance to succeed. We all have families, jobs, lives and other responsibilities but donate our time nevertheless because we are passionate about this game. Please give us a bit of slack as we are doing the best we can in our spare time. Some consideration and understanding would be much appreciated, we are only human.

Thank you and I hope that this helps even out the one-sided negative viewpoints shared by so many on rerolled. With some faith and patience you will see this game continue to take shape and come to life. We hope that everyone will be able to look past previous disappointments and prejudices and look upon the new work done with an open mind.

Hope to see you all in Pantheon in the near future!

-Matt (Kyndread)
what the fuck? so the dude says that rerolled are a bunch of haters making bad claims about their awesome footage. so what are his rebuttals? we got a new server, yay, we got our own new agey generic music yay. the characters are the same, but but but but that dull scenery with the same tree model duplicated 100 times is BRAND NEW! yay yay!. toggling the gamma slider is totally all our doing btw hater folks at rerolled! fucking yay!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would have posted this there but they declined to approve my account so I will post it here instead.

Jumped the shark on that one. Basically makes you question everything else in the message. Then again if you are running Jonestown those people will believe anything.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dont want to defend the project, but why do you hate on them?

This is no longer (and it really never was) a project from a professional gaming studio/startup. This is now at best an amateur project, done by a few people for free in their spare time. I dont expect anything, certainly not a finished, professional game delivered by 2016/2017. If those people have fun working on the game, let them...

If it wasnt for the great visionary leader Brad McQuaid an his "managing", no one would care about this hobby project
wink.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

This is no longer (and it really never was) a project from a professional gaming studio/startup. This is now at best an amateur project, done by a few people for free in their spare time. I dont expect anything, certainly not a finished, professional game delivered by 2016/2017. If those people have fun working on the game, let them...

If it wasnt for the great visionary leader Brad McQuaid an his "managing", no one would care about this hobby project
wink.png
Brad stole money and they defend him. They tried to blame this community for the failing of the kickstarter and put none of the blame on the fact the kickstarter was total fucking trash. Also major lulz are had here at how fucking totally retarded these people are. These people are MMO birthers.

Emotiv

Silver Squire

At this point in time, these people are essentially scamming for money using Brad McQuaids name. If this was a standalone amateur project that would be one thing, but this project is still taking donations under the false pretense of being a professional game on the ground floor. If McQuaid had any sort of spine he would have shut this charade down long ago. Instead he's silently collecting cheques from some mentally unstable people who are ok working for free.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

wink.png
same reason why people warn others about scams. because this is a scam. if this was a proect done by people on their own spare time who believe in what they are doing and all their money is going into the project to make it a reality and of quality, then you would have a point. this is something completely different, you have a washed up old game lead who cant find work has now roped in a bunch of kids and social misfits to produce something for free in order to rope in investors which will supplant this one person's income. no money will ever go into this project, it just goes into brad's pockets while these pathetic people waste their time trying to make a game that will never see the light of day. it has nothing to do with being a hater or negative. games cost money to make, they just do, when that money is not there or it is but its being pilfered then it makes this whole thing an exercise in futility.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol how Brad leaves these guys out on an island by themselves.

Kyn- our mods just don't approve accounts. I'm sure when they see it they will approve it. It's certainly not because of who you are or where youre from.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Frenzic,

If you want me to copy a response and post it on the official forums, I can do it. (I assume my account is not banned atm)

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Frenzic,

If you want me to copy a response and post it on the official forums, I can do it. (I assume my account is not banned atm)
If you copy anything from me, you'll be banned as well. You certainly have my permission to copy any and everything I've posted. They read rerolled so I don't have a problem getting to them
smile.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully Kyn will post and/or will at least read and then understand.

First... we are not ignorant and you should not assume so or should be so quick to use us as a scapegoat so Pantheon and blame all the negativity on us. We tried to help Brad to an extent. Many people here where really pushing the word around not to mention entertaining donating to the cause. However, the signs quickly became apparent that Brad was not much different than he's been for the last few years. You can use Pantheon as your moment of internet glory and clout but essentially you are gaining nothing more than a different color robe among the Pantheon cultist.

The only time negativity comes from these forums is when Pantheon choose to embarrasses itself with new postings. You think we need an explanation or clarification on what has been accomplished? Hate to break it to you but we don't. Even with your list of "major steps" and accomplishments you having nothing to truly show for the time and money invested in Pantheon. The only thing people know of Pantheon is what happened with the Kickstarter and original team. I'm not doubting you guys are working hard and you're probably even good, honest people but do you even know who you're working for? What he's going to do if you do begin making money? Pack up your bags and get under a different banner and go make a game if it is truly your desire. Everything you do for years to come can be completely discredited and overshadowed in a minute of someone from the original team discussing what happened.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Kyndread,

Have you heard that Brad pocketed 1/3 of the funds raised, or are you willfully ignoring it?

Or are you cool with it? Everything's fine? Move along?

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
My first post here - was just recently approved on Rerolled (have the same handle at the Pantheon RoTF website). I am in no official capacity over at that site, so I can't give any inside scoop... with that said,

Contrary to what many think over at the Pantheon site, I think you all bring/brought up valid concerns and have throughout. I've voiced many of the same concerns since the Kickstarter and still have continued to do so on the official website. I played both EQ and Vanguard and knew of the extensive drama of both Vanguard and the Pantheon Kickstarter debacle. I realized during the Kickstarter that there was a slim to none chance of success and even less so on the private website, but I still pledged on both given really a lack of better options. Everything on the horizon is watered down garbage. Do I think there's a better chance now than before since Pantheon's in "full development mode" again with a volunteer team? No. Do I trust or feel that Brad and the initial development team used my pledge wisely, efficiently, effectively, fairly, etc. No.

But on the slim chance that Pantheon is ever released, would I still try it out - yes, and, I would argue many here still would as well.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Kyndread,

Have you heard that Brad pocketed 1/3 of the funds raised, or are you willfully ignoring it?

Or are you cool with it? Everything's fine? Move along?
I still am not fine with that, but I am not a monthly subscriber - was a "lump sum" pledger. So, now, I'm just lurking.