Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
At this point in time, these people are essentially scamming for money using Brad McQuaids name. If this was a standalone amateur project that would be one thing, but this project is still taking donations under the false pretense of being a professional game on the ground floor. If McQuaid had any sort of spine he would have shut this charade down long ago. Instead he's silently collecting cheques from some mentally unstable people who are ok working for free.
I can't speak for anyone on that site as I have no official title, but, I still think the idea is that funding is trying to be secured so an official/legitimate full staff could be hired and not just building the full game on Brad's name with only volunteers. Will any investor ever pick it up.. who knows, but I still think that original idea stands.

Although, I had asked a question on the forums if the volunteer staff would still be retained if funding/an official team were obtained and was informed that the volunteer staff would be retained also.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What does the Pantheon community think that a professional/legitimate "full staff" is going to cost? You're looking at a minimum cost of 100k per year per employee, if you include benefits, office, software/hardware/licensing, and so on. For a single employee. How in the blue fuck do you think that the "community" is going to raise enough money to pay a "full staff" (5 people? 15? 50?) to build the game for 2-3 years at minimum, given what's transpired?

This is insanity.

Oldbased

> Than U
What does the Pantheon community think that a professional/legitimate "full staff" is going to cost? You're looking at a minimum cost of 100k per year per employee, if you include benefits, office, software/hardware/licensing, and so on. For a single employee. How in the blue fuck do you think that the "community" is going to raise enough money to pay a "full staff" (5 people? 15? 50?) to build the game for 2-3 years at minimum, given what's transpired?

This is insanity.
It would have been possible to do it out of a garage 20 years ago probably with a dozen part time guys chipping in for various things. Many games were made back then that way.
These days? Not a chance in hell.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
My first post here - was just recently approved on Rerolled (have the same handle at the Pantheon RoTF website). I am in no official capacity over at that site, so I can't give any inside scoop... with that said,

Contrary to what many think over at the Pantheon site, I think you all bring/brought up valid concerns and have throughout. I've voiced many of the same concerns since the Kickstarter and still have continued to do so on the official website. I played both EQ and Vanguard and knew of the extensive drama of both Vanguard and the Pantheon Kickstarter debacle. I realized during the Kickstarter that there was a slim to none chance of success and even less so on the private website, but I still pledged on both given really a lack of better options. Everything on the horizon is watered down garbage. Do I think there's a better chance now than before since Pantheon's in "full development mode" again with a volunteer team? No. Do I trust or feel that Brad and the initial development team used my pledge wisely, efficiently, effectively, fairly, etc. No.

But on the slim chance that Pantheon is ever released, would I still try it out - yes, and, I would argue many here still would as well.
I wasn't aware you had to be "approved" on rerolled forums. Last I checked, you created an account and received a validation email and it was all automated. No mods necessary.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
At this point anyone who is in support of Brad, the "project" etc is perpetuating/aiding and abetting a scam. There is no compartmentalizing it. There is no misdirecting it. There is no getting around it. For those fruit loops who are continuing to be "apart of his team" they've crossed the event horizon at this point. They can be held as equally accountable as Brad. Being a "volunteer" doesn't protect them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasn't aware you had to be "approved" on rerolled forums. Last I checked, you created an account and received a validation email and it was all automated. No mods necessary.
nah, they need to go in and approve the account. Soybro always approving folks for me.. Bots be fucking up the process!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
nah, they need to go in and approve the account. Soybro always approving folks for me.. Bots be fucking up the process!
Soygen is out of town for a few. I just went and looked and there is no account titled "Kyndred" or "Kyndread" or anything even remotely similar sitting in the queue waiting for approval. If it's another name entirely then he should ask someone to PM a Mod and give them the name.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord

This is insanity.
I think a "minimum" of 100k per employee is a bit steep, an average of 100k would be more accurate and probably still even estimating high. Even with the initial staff there was no "employees" of VRI outside of Brad - only contractors, so unless he changed that and included everyone as an employee of VRI, I doubt benefits were/would be included. And, I think it's pretty much understood even on the official site, or at least it should be, that the community isn't going to raise the funds. The shred of hope that's left is that the volunteer staff can continue working on the project to produce "enough" to show an investor to buy in.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soygen is out of town for a few. I just went and looked and there is no account titled "Kyndred" or "Kyndread" or anything even remotely similar sitting in the queue waiting for approval. If it's another name entirely then he should ask someone to PM a Mod and give them the name.
That doesn't surprise me..

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
When he says the new site has gotten positive feedback, or whatever, doesn't he realize the only people who go on the site are like..the mods?

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Isn't the "new" site just some "HTML color=green" revamping? Oh and adding a section of one piece of artwork out of the five they have?

Between that huge website upgrade, Brad's 50 emails to sort through, and putting together a video to highlight stock Unity assets, I finally see the light. We need to support this project! I'm impressed they managed all of this with only $151000. Brad should give himself an immediate raise $15000 a month for the level of hardwork and dedication just isn't enough. He needs to secure an investor and immediately give himself an advance. Go take a load off and maybe tour the country with that awesome 90s street bike. He sure has earned it... I mean 50 emails in a week.. Wow!

Ceder_sl

shitlord
He sure has earned it... I mean 50 emails in a week.. Wow!
I guess counting spam mail for male enhancement products, russian brides, and long lost relatives in nigeria with fortunes to give him has sure helped make him feel like he's got a busy email account?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think a "minimum" of 100k per employee is a bit steep, an average of 100k would be more accurate and probably still even estimating high. Even with the initial staff there was no "employees" of VRI outside of Brad - only contractors, so unless he changed that and included everyone as an employee of VRI, I doubt benefits were/would be included. And, I think it's pretty much understood even on the official site, or at least it should be, that the community isn't going to raise the funds. The shred of hope that's left is that the volunteer staff can continue working on the project to produce "enough" to show an investor to buy in.
donald sterling is looking for a new hobby. if you guys don't have any black employees that may be a good place to start.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Kyndread,

Stop being a pussy and make an account here. PM Erronius and have him PM you on your board to verify it's actually you, or something. It seems that your camp is trying to take on some sort of persecution complex about how Rerolled are bullies and won't let you get the truth out. It has been kind of the opposite scenario so far; anyone who critiques Pantheon on your board gets banned, where on this board we welcome all sides of the story. We would welcome someone telling us good news about the project, but we're also going to call you out on bullshit if we see it. This is why I love this board, if you are being a faggot no one will hesitate to tell you that you're being a faggot.

Anyone on the Pantheon team is welcome to post here, and I'd like to know why every single one of them is afraid to stand up to anyone who is critical of their project.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess for this project we need to redefine the term 'progress', since now that basically means using stock assets and turning on the weather filter. Consider the fact that as little that was done when the original dev team was in place, we still got concept art, a map and Vu working on dungeon design and a dragon. Now 'progress' is showing a Unity demo, using stock unity avatars (one which was already in place, one you can by for $99 at the unity store) with a weather filter. Don't say things like a log in screen is 'progress' when Brad himself mentioned months ago that they were able to log into the 'game'. You're going to get criticism because it's trying to be disingenuous to someone who hasn't followed this project from the beginning, they see the word 'progress' and think the project is actually moving along.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Kyndread,

Stop being a pussy and make an account here. PM Erronius and have him PM you on your board to verify it's actually you, or something. It seems that your camp is trying to take on some sort of persecution complex about how Rerolled are bullies and won't let you get the truth out. It has been kind of the opposite scenario so far; anyone who critiques Pantheon on your board gets banned, where on this board we welcome all sides of the story. We would welcome someone telling us good news about the project, but we're also going to call you out on bullshit if we see it. This is why I love this board, if you are being a faggot no one will hesitate to tell you that you're being a faggot.

Anyone on the Pantheon team is welcome to post here, and I'd like to know why every single one of them is afraid to stand up to anyone who is critical of their project.
Well, being semi-active on the Pantheon site still, and having asked if there was going to be some sort of PR representative in the near future to share any significant updates, I doubt that will immediately occur, or even if it does, it wouldn't be everyone. The idea is to try to start letting the updates speak for themselves - which, obviously, I'm not trying to claim that this last recent update was significant, but on the chance that there is/will be, it's a safer bet to assume that more would come to discuss then. Having already pledged as a lump summer, it's pretty much the only scenario for me as well is to wait and see what, if anything happens.

My skin's not thin enough to worry about being blasted, but not everyone can handle criticism - I will pass along the message though that there is "interest" here for discussion.