Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

roger_sl

shitlord
Good luck Brad and all the best

rrr_img_55660.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...there are tons of mounted combat games, including The Lord of the Rings MMORPG, and the recently released ArcheAge.
Any videos showing it? All I remember from LOTRO was sitting on top of a horse, doing the same thing as on the ground, ie what EQ did in 2003.

Jupiter_sl

shitlord
Hi Brad, welcome back! I wish you all the best on your new game and I really want you to succeed. Some of my best gaming memories are from the old EQ. You'll definitely be getting some $$s from me.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hmmm, thats really strange.. why would Sony register a domain for a game they dont own or distribute? Even if they helped with the legal stuff its still strange they registered it, cant be that complicated
wink.png

So the involvement of Sony seems to be much deeper than i thought... will Brad distribute his game via Sony and use their infrastructure (billing/network/servers/etc)?

Oh, and wb Brad btw... good to have you post here!
Well, he did note on twitter, just after his meeting with Smed, something about working with Sony:
"@Aradune 9 Sep - @gogojira_ Gone but going forward I intend to work as closely with them as possible"

Which has stoked the random ideas that he maybe got old EQ assests or Tech/Engine licenses at low rates, etc.

Also:
You carry the fate of us all, little one.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Dont worry about Ut until May, he's a very, hmm, focused guy (pitbull?) and has his teeth sunk into TESO for now. Once that tanks things might get ugly here though.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
This ^^^^^^^^^

I completely forgot , Brad , healers are ok , it's ok for someone who wants to be a pure healer , Brad let healers be healers , I want to play a healer and don't find it boring , I like being a pure healer for one of my characters , shockingly I like to heal , it's ok to heal Brad.

(let there be pure tanks too)
This could be a drinking game, every time I read the word Brad. DRINK!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This ^^^^^^^^^

I completely forgot , Brad , healers are ok , it's ok for someone who wants to be a pure healer , Brad let healers be healers , I want to play a healer and don't find it boring , I like being a pure healer for one of my characters , shockingly I like to heal , it's ok to heal Brad.

(let there be pure tanks too)
I agree. I like more cut & dry classes. I don't want to build a multi-hybrid character. I want to see a tank, DPS, or healer and yes, I played a healer in EQ and i've always played a healer. Wish I would have stuck it out in FFXIV but after 15 years of healing thought it would be change of pace but I want to heal and buff. I don't like that an entire category of classes are eliminated by a potion. I still like EQ classes better than any game i've played. It also forced players to be specialized in their role and separated the good from the bad.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I want to see a tank, DPS, or healer and yes, I played a healer in EQ and i've always played a healer.
Sorry not buying it, if you played EQ you would be asking for tank/healer/CC. Tank/healer/dps is a 2005+ thing.

So I know we're not getting answers, but if there are no enchanters in this game I will declare it dead to me! Well unless it has WoW style hunters, love me some unique pet taming.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well there isn't a lot of info so far, obviously, but this has the same feel as Mark Jacobs project Camelot: Unchained. Which is good IMO, because Mark is saying all the right things. If Brad takes a similar wide-open approach when it comes to keeping donators in the loop before and during development it should go well.

By feels the same I mean his comments about scope and focus, the actual games seem to be moving in separate directions.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Welcome back Aradune.

Is the trinity making its triumphant return to MMOs?

Was it healing and the usefulness of support classes, ie: CC, short/long-term buffs, etc., with non-instanced everything and very few no-drop items, what really pushed the group concept of EQ?

tl;dr: What is the essence of grouping in P:RotF?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree. I like more cut & dry classes. I don't want to build a multi-hybrid character. I want to see a tank, DPS, or healer and yes, I played a healer in EQ and i've always played a healer. Wish I would have stuck it out in FFXIV but after 15 years of healing thought it would be change of pace but I want to heal and buff. I don't like that an entire category of classes are eliminated by a potion. I still like EQ classes better than any game i've played. It also forced players to be specialized in their role and separated the good from the bad.
Sorry not buying it, if you played EQ you would be asking for tank/healer/CC. Tank/healer/dps is a 2005+ thing.

So I know we're not getting answers, but if there are no enchanters in this game I will declare it dead to me! Well unless it has WoW style hunters, love me some unique pet taming.
The tank/healer/cc + DPS is a proven combination that I'd like to see continue in new MMOs, I hate group content for MMOs that don't have that style of combat.

However each class should be able to spec (And easily respec on the fly when out of combat) to fill at least one trinity role and DPS, with a few filling more than two roles.

I was a blind warrior in EQ and I loved my role there, but I doubt I'd ever endure that kind of pidgeonholed and limited class again.