Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
See a few other of my responses, Brad has claimed that the current team isn't expendable if funding is obtained; however, I would imagine there would be some breaking point if the project was offered X million dollars to continue with a new development team.
Brad claimed that?

I'm sure they are safe, the up and coming god of MMO-gaming wouldn't lie.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
So, like, a ponzi scheme right?
How Kyndread is describing it, this would not be accurate. He's not stating that Brad would pay back the funds from new investor donations - he is saying it's more like an Office Space Milton scenario. That Brad won't take a paycheck for 3 months and it will work itself out and "fix the glitch." Have no idea on the truth behind that, but your statement isn't accurate either.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Brad claimed that?

I'm sure they are safe, the up and coming god of MMO-gaming wouldn't lie.
Definitely not saying that he wouldn't lie - which is why I obviously have put my disclaimer on the end. I also doubt that he would get rid of the volunteers either unless there was a much more viable alternative - just basic common sense.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Given Brads history, and the current state of Pantheon, I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that no investor will show up.

They'd have to be insane. This is even worse then VG.

I kind of want to know the answer to this too. Mainly, what exactly is the drive at this point? Is is simply due to the name 'Brad McQuaid'? Why do you continue to support this man when there are people who directly worked with him (the ex devs here and even ones on Vanguard) that can tell you horror stories of these projects he's been involved in? Why do you continue to believe in something that happened 15 years ago when the last two recent projects he's been involved in not only have failed, but have burned to the ground? Especially since numerous people who worked directly with him say he was ultimately the reason for it.
Having worked for Brad is going to look great on a resume, you'll get tons of jobs just by mentioning you were part of Pantheon. I mean there are plenty of companies looking to hire & sucker people, this will facilitate the screening process for people that will do work without pay.

I'd instantly hire any of them to make a website for me. I'll be the CCO, they can do the work. Funny shit.

Even funnier that Brad is joining EQ facebook groups from way back. Does he actually think one of us original EQ players will come up with 1 mil $ to fund him?

Drugs are bad.

Kyndread,

1. Thanks for posting here. Good or bad, you have more balls than most for answering questions on this forum.

2. What are the expectations of "the team"? Assuming Brad finds a CEO that will work on no salary, are they hoping to still find an investor?

Jimbolini,

Thanks for the kind words.

The plan right now as I understand it is to get as much done as possible to have more to show to investors. With such a small, volunteer team, we realize that the pace of what is being worked on may be a bit slow for some. We are doing our best to work with what we have to take the game to the next level to appeal to more gamers as well as investors.

Although we are seeking a CEO, I would agree that there are likely few out there that would be willing to work for free. Either filling that position will have to wait until things are better financially to appeal to the right candidate, or perhaps one will agree to come on in anticipation of future pay. Either way, we are pressing ahead with high hopes that we will attract a greater following and that things will click into place to increase the likelihood of the game being successful.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why does Kyndread here change that? He's no one important lol. Don't be shy my little butterfly.
Because he seems like a good guy and attacking him for Brad's fuckups isn't nearly as fun as mocking Brad directly. It's like having a problem with a company and yelling at the 30k a year CS rep that had nothing to do with it

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's like having a problem with a company and yelling at the 30k a year CS rep that had nothing to do with it
Which is standard practice.

Brad makes 45k in 3 months, you think he wants to listen to complaints or take the fall for mistakes?

Thats not what C-level dudes do.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How Kyndread is describing it, this would not be accurate. He's not stating that Brad would pay back the funds from new investor donations - he is saying it's more like an Office Space Milton scenario. That Brad won't take a paycheck for 3 months and it will work itself out and "fix the glitch." Have no idea on the truth behind that, but your statement isn't accurate either.
He took dollars invested (donated) to an incorporation out to relieve himself of personal debt outside the organization. It's illegal.

I would love to see why anyone needs to invest more money for a volunteer development staff. To pay Brad for his great ideas while he does no work and conned a bunch of volunteers to do it for him? Sounds like there are a lot of suckers out there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really hope Kyndread is some college kid still living at home with mom and dad paying all the bills. i dont want to imagine he is married with kids, no wife would put up with him wasting his time working on something for no money while the bills pile up around them. dude if you wont answer my questions, at least ask yourself the question. why are you still working on a project that will never see the light of day? how can you expect to get funded when the guy doing almost no work is hoovering up any cash the project does receive? if you dont believe us, then read that vanguard thread. microsoft threw 35 million dollars at brad and he still pulled a disappearing act and the game under his control was never completed. oh and the employees all got fucked. sound familiar? if you have family you can talk to, go to them and tell them the situation and see what they say about it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Its pretty funny, those who donated to the kickstarter were Brads biggest fans, which he took the piss on .. and he still has fans left!

Oh well, at least their antics are entertaining. Any updates on that christian chariot game?

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
He took dollars invested (donated) to an incorporation out to relieve himself of personal debt outside the organization. It's illegal.

I would love to see why anyone needs to invest more money for a volunteer development staff. To pay Brad for his great ideas while he does no work and conned a bunch of volunteers to do it for him? Sounds like there are a lot of suckers out there.
Again, not true, Brad theoretically could have any salary he wants as he is the only employee. The only other money distributed would have went through the "contracts" that were discussed and I still have no ideas on what those were. He still could have had the money distributed to a VRI account then "paid" to his personal account as a salary, and then paid off his bills. Doesn't make it any less right like I've said, but it's not illegal either. There was never some clause by the donators that I have to see X finished product with 150k or that Brad can only receive X amount of the donations.

Just to be clear.. I'm not defending his actions, I just don't think it's some giant shady scam either

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because he seems like a good guy and attacking him for Brad's fuckups isn't nearly as fun as mocking Brad directly. It's like having a problem with a company and yelling at the 30k a year CS rep that had nothing to do with it
You're right, but I'm not attacking him for brads mistakes, I'm attacking him for his own mistakes. They are separate people with separate fuck ups. No one can equal brads level of retard, no point trying.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Just to be clear.. I'm not defending his actions, I just don't think it's some giant shady scam either
It was a scam.

People donated money for Pantheon, instead that money went to Brads random bills.

How else to define it?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Maybe he could start up a venture in Nigeria.

Seriously, I am wondering where he is going after this. SoE and MS are out, he couldn't find an investor before and is most certainly not finding one now ..

"I'll have fries with that and a 45k pantheon kickstarter refund"

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
It was a scam.

People donated money for Pantheon, instead that money went to Brads random bills.

How else to define it?
I could just as easily say that if Brad's random bills weren't paid, Pantheon's production would have stopped. Your entitled to your opinion, but I still think it was more just a delusional sense of worth or expectations of money that would going to be donated to the project based off his name. Then the angel investor backed out (think it was like 250k?) and an "oh shit" moment happened and the rest has pretty much been hashed out.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
to each their own opinion i suppose...mismanaged? yeah...underfunded...yep. I enjoyed VG for a number of years. as did some of the other names I recognize in the thread. lack of content is what killed it for many in the end...i don't know why everyone complains about it running poorly...ran fine from me beta...on. you would be surprised how many people loved VG...and it has nothing to do with Brad. at the end of the day, SOE chose to never really support the game. i
Yea, same for me. I did build a new computer just to play VG. It wasn't a super computer or anything, but all the components were brand new and current. I had very few problems running the game. We are obviously the exception not the rule. I had lots of fun playing VG. The music, classes, dungeons, cities......I liked everything about VG. The only thing missing was players. Its a damn shame it got off to such a rough start because it would have been a blast to play with a larger community and dedicated dev team.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I could just as easily say that if Brad's random bills weren't paid, Pantheon's production would have stopped. Your entitled to your opinion, but I still think it was more justa delusional sense of worth or expectations of money that would going to be donated to the project based off his name. Then the angel investor backed out (think it was like 250k?) and an "oh shit" moment happened and the rest has pretty much been hashed out.
If Brad had half a brain, he shouldn't have gone into this project knowing that he was 45k in debt, and he'd have to pull it somewhere. Of course he did know it, and this whole thing was just a cash-grab from an end of road kinda guy.

Since he doesn't have other perspectives, he is keeping it up to milk it dry.

That angel investor, and that "oh shit" moment... lol.

Want to do some work on my new MMO? "I got an 800k investor waiting to jump on, he just needs a working demo to convince all those involved."

"Pics or it didn't happen", is what they say in the interweb.

"Sure thing" is what some say irl obviously
smile.png

i really hope Kyndread is some college kid still living at home with mom and dad paying all the bills. i dont want to imagine he is married with kids, no wife would put up with him wasting his time working on something for no money while the bills pile up around them. dude if you wont answer my questions, at least ask yourself the question. why are you still working on a project that will never see the light of day? how can you expect to get funded when the guy doing almost no work is hoovering up any cash the project does receive? if you dont believe us, then read that vanguard thread. microsoft threw 35 million dollars at brad and he still pulled a disappearing act and the game under his control was never completed. oh and the employees all got fucked. sound familiar? if you have family you can talk to, go to them and tell them the situation and see what they say about it.
I?m sorry, I didn?t mean for it to seem as if I were neglecting your question. I have so many things going on during the day that sometimes I feel as if there just aren?t enough hours in the day to get to everything.

I am indeed married. I also work full-time and the bills get paid. My wife has been more or less supportive about the whole thing. Perhaps the prospect of it possibly turning into some kind of supplemental income helps improve her opinion of my involvement. I guess her biggest issue is that it consumes much of my free time which otherwise would be spent with her doing other things. The rest of my family that is aware of it admittedly do have some reservations about it. I appreciate their concern, but times being as they are, I don?t want to prematurely walk away from any possible avenues for success in my life.

As to your question, I guess I stick with it because I believe that it will see the light of day. If I thought that there was no chance at all that the game would ever be released then I don?t think I would be involved anymore with it. I also don?t agree with your assessment that Brad doesn?t do any work and is snapping up all the cash. I may not have a crystal ball that allows me to watch what he is doing every second of every day, but he does seem active in the ways that I mentioned in a previous post. He may be in charge of the accounts to which the money goes, but who else would be being as he is the only employee of the company?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not for nothing... but Kyn told me that Brad needed to take more of the money because he was used to a certain kind of lifestyle. Sorry Kyn, that was a bonehead comment and some out there rationalization.