Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
...Frenzic, you actually had to sign a contract to work on the video? What all was in said contract? I don't think Brad is nearly as clueless as he comes off, especially when it comes to CYA. If Frenzic wasn't being sarcastic about the contract, then Brad is having the volunteer team sign contracts. I'm guessing it will probably cover any intellectual property disputes (or any back pay demands, etc) that could arise if Pantheon ever becomes... real??...
I can't give you the wording of the contract, but I can tell you that the dollar amount is zero. He told me that all the volunteer contracts would be zero and that he would give people pay as money came in. Kyndread confirmed that some money was given to the new team, a small amount. Brad has covered himself legally with this new team. He is legally within his rights to receive their work and pay them nothing, as well as, release them as he sees fit. The contract was a template so I doubt it was too custom for each contractor.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol, that's pretty funny. It was far more detailed than that though. In fact, it would go into so much detail about seemingly minor mechanics and design principles that I was taken aback. I don't know if these documents are normally this in depth but it definitely didn't leave much to the imagination.
Oh. Ok. Let me add a subsegment
smile.png

* Skills based on classes.
* -1a) Create interdependence on classes within the game to force players to work together which also can therefore create an economy of scale - Possible Skillsets - Soul Binding, Group Teleports, Generation buffs, and Speed Running/Movement buffs to assist other players. Make sure to give each class it's own specific.

* Levels.
* - 1a) Create long leveling curves with static content to slow content consumption based on the fastest leveling player in beta. If that doesn't work, add a weird math error between the levels of 30, 35, 40, and 45. This will allow you to make more content in each expansion, and release each expansion half finished to realize revenue faster and patch some shit together real quick when they hit it. Any negative feedback please direct them to Ester.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow... She was one of the last I thought would step down. Someone get her in here and tell us why. Inquiring minds need to know.

Ut and Abe... your posts made my day!

Kyn... thanks for the response and again, please protect yourself or stay far enough away to where you don't feel like you lost time. Seriously, i've done a lot of side tech jobs and pro bono work and sometimes I've felt really good about it and there's been a couple of times I've really regretted losing that time. You have a wife and if i've read correctly a full-time job. I'm sure you're having fun and if you look at it at the very surface and say "wow, i'm making a game with the creator of EQ" that alone may be worth a little time and fulfill a bucket list item but keep reality very close to your eyes and mind. Keep it a hobby until things get real and IF they ever do, get plenty of stuff in writing.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
You're seriously trying to rationalize why it was OK to ask for money for one thing then take it and spend on another? Regardless of Brad's financial situation he asked people to donate money to make a game not pay his mortgage. If he was looking for a handout he shouldn't have used Kickstarter and a BS game that will never be made as a smokescreen to pay his bills. It sounds like he is still using Pantheon as nothing more than a tin cup begging any passer by with spare change to donate it into the black hole of Brad McQuaid's vision
Not trying to rationalize or justify how the money was spent. I don't agree with how it was spent or that it was OK (morally). I was arguing against the criminal nature of a "scam." I don't disagree with you that the money (some of it which I donated) should have all went to development.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
No you can't, because production is the result of volunteers not on a payroll, and the donations are supposed to be funding the game but without a staff while they do it out of their garage, what/who is there to fund? 79 a month for Unity Pro?
Obviously I'm not talking about the current volunteer team. The scam argument comes with the initial development team in which there was discussion they felt they did not receive adequate payments and Brad took the 3 month cash advance.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This shit gets better and better as time goes on. I am impressed how Brad has 100% ownership and pays the team nothing, maybe he has more management skills than we have given him credit for, hell if he can get these fools to limp dick it far enough along to where it could be considered a game he could sell off the whole thing to Smed.

I almost feel bad for the Apprentice Devs, moderators, volunteers, but at this point if they are still drinking the kool-aid they deserve for be swindled out of every last resource they possess.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
I cannot, we spoke in confidence. If she wants to share her story, she has many avenues to do so.
Interesting there - definitely an orange name now on the Pantheon RoTF site and not green. Pretty sure she posted as a green name earlier today. I agree, definitely one of the last I would guess would leave.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Can someone please see to it that Brad gets a glance at this. I hate to throw around the word genius, but this was pretty damned good.

Also, loved this:

$500,000 - THANKS!!!!!! All of the above with an exclusive hand written note on how I stole most of the lore ideas for EverQuest from a Dungeon Master I played games with in 1989.