Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Careful guys.. Brad may take credit and add it to his list of accomplishments on his next KickStarter.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Edit - And yes, I realize the dripping irony. The fact still remains that 2012 > 2004.
Funny how people can get baited into saying what they really feel with fake tweets.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
troll_arms.gif

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
To be 1000000% honest, I thought you all were entertained too, whether you knew it or not. I still do. You guys still can't stop talking about it.
People can't stop talking about the Holocaust either, but I sure as shit don't want to go back in time so that I can live in Sobib?r for a few years.

Is trex a pantheon mod yet?
Remember how Tyen said Trexx was pregnant? And you know how Tyen/Req have insinuated themselves into the Pantheon:ROTF family?

It's going to be like an MMO version of Rosemary's Baby: Trexx is going to open her legs on the release date and a half-stillborn Pantheon is going to claw it's way free.

This needs to be reposted every page until Req crawls back under the rock.
meftV0q.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Adam released you from the rickshaw. Please keep the creepiness and reiteration of stuff we know to a minimum.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow, just wow. The wild part is reading the posts from Req. You can see how much he regrets how that thing went down but still tries to play it off like he didn't care.

First thing. Thank you Req for the 10 years of FoH. It sucks you let a friend use you to the point that you stopped giving a fuck and you couldn't just hand it off and walk away. But ya did. You were played and while you were laughing at us guess who was laughing at you?

and this:

Again, those were bots that were let loose when I approved every registered user on FoH for the previous 2-3 years. At some point around 2010?(would have to bring foh up and look) 500+ bots started signing up per day. When I opened the floodgate somebody/something noticed, still had all of the logins for those accounts, and stepped up it's game. I assume the accounts were being checked periodically over those few years, but they started getting logged on a whole lot more after some of them started working.
Really man your story is for over two fucking years someone monitored old bot accounts to see if they would eventually gain access? Whatever. I still enjoyed the old FoH forum thanks for hosting it for so long. A piece of advice watch your back the people you count as friends apparently aren't. Also when you're in an argument and UT comes off as the sane one that's some serious shit.

Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Edit - And yes, I realize the dripping irony. The fact still remains that 2012 > 2004.
iceburn.gif

Requiem_sl

shitlord
Wow, just wow. The wild part is reading the posts from Req. You can see how much he regrets how that thing went down but still tries to play it off like he didn't care.

First thing. Thank you Req for the 10 years of FoH. It sucks you let a friend use you to the point that you stopped giving a fuck and you couldn't just hand it off and walk away. But ya did. You were played and while you were laughing at us guess who was laughing at you?

and this:

Really man your story is for over two fucking years someone monitored old bot accounts to see if they would eventually gain access? Whatever. I still enjoyed the old FoH forum thanks for hosting it for so long. A piece of advice watch your back the people you count as friends apparently aren't. Also when you're in an argument and UT comes off as the sane one that's some serious shit.
Sure, I do care, and things didn't go like I thought they would, but it's not that I'm trying to play anything off. Not hosting foh is actually a bittersweet victory as far as my overall life is concerned. I've been in a new world for 5+ years, a world where things like due diligence in the course of investment are likely to put the crazy shit that gets posted in front of people who I really don't want seeing it through the lens of my own personal endorsement. Beyond that, with more and more regulation and "internet bullying" legislation going on, it may actually have become a criminal liability someday. I also don't miss the constant stream of C&D and DMCA notices that have to be taken care of before I get sued.

And yes, that's my story. And it's the truth. If you do some research, you will find out that forums became the new craze for spamming for a few years there, and yes, in a competitive market somebody did do that. It really wouldn't be that hard, by the way. More like a footnote in the rest of the code the bot runs. Databases are not a new or complicated thing. For example, fohguild.org also had a database with all of those logins in it for 10 years, and still does technically. Also, a LOT of forums, EJ as one example, have a 1-7 day delay between when you register and when you can post, specifically to thwart bots. So the re-checking would be pretty mandatory for anything I would personally write in a competitive market to do something like that.

Edit - No particular reason for posting this aside from that it's interesting, but we can pretty much rule out an actual targeted attack by somebody that knew what I did with accounts on FoH(approving everybody every few years), because a person like that certainly would have known that the bots can post javascript, and none of them were. They were just trying to raise pagerank for their clients. Everything they posted was for google/etc's bots, not for you or to exploit your browser or system. (Not to be confused with whatever was exploiting vBulletin, later, specifically TO exploit your browser/system by modifying templates).

Greyform

Nobody could have come after you for anything if you handed the reigns over to someone else and walked away. yeah hindsight is 20/20 and I am sure you would have rather made a better split.

I am over being pissed about it. I mean I know you don't owe me or anyone else anything . that was your dime and if folks around here can't at least thank you for it that's on them. That doesn't make it suck less though. I don't give two shits about Pantheon or Brad McQuaid. Whatever you got going on over there is your business. But you're here now. FoH was once the best part of the web for a lot of years for a lot of folks. Sound like you have the whole damn thing backed up and can fire it up at anytime. How about you work with Draegan and let us post some of the best shit over here?

again thanks for FoH Req.

Beastro

Brad in bed with Req and Tyen.

Fuck this industry is small. As small as Dana White getting into flame wars with trolls on MMA sites.