Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh... Brad taking the lions share of the money always seemed justifiable to me.

The kick starter had zero decent content, so people certainly weren't pledging based on that. It stands to reason then, the monies raised were raised because of Brad's 'brand equity', for lack of a better term.

If I were in his shoes, when I saw the funding failing, I would have fired the whole team. I would have reimbursed any unity purchases and travel expenses to San Diego, paid for web development and Tony's intellectual property... Then I would have pocketed the rest and used it to hire new staff.

But I'm a bit of a cold hearted asshole when it comes to this stuff
The thing with the ks.. Devs on the team expressed concern before it launched.. Wanted to follow what the goblin works folks did with pathfinder. They got ignored.. Then Brad exeratated how far along they were. Once they started working on the game full time it was under the assumption of a 3 year cycle so a lot of the under the hood shit was being done... The devs only receive a pay or 2 before the work was slowed due to funding. There really wasn't a whole lot of dev time on the project despite how long most assume they were working on it. Even then.. Guys like stash were hardly used. Think he did the goblin and maybe 2 other pieces of art? Very little done overall and mostly bc of Brad lying and stealing

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is there any actual evidence that is what he did?
Wakandan, are you new?

kd38yHc.png

Now you can argue "Brad never came out and said that" but I could argue that he also never denied it. That post was made on the Pantheon forums by Frenzic while he was an official moderator there, and it has been on their forums ever since. Brad never commented on it. No one removed it from his forums. When it blew up all over reddit: no comment from Brad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Meh... Brad taking the lions share of the money always seemed justifiable to me.

The kick starter had zero decent content, so people certainly weren't pledging based on that. It stands to reason then, the monies raised were raised because of Brad's 'brand equity', for lack of a better term.

If I were in his shoes, when I saw the funding failing, I would have fired the whole team. I would have reimbursed any unity purchases and travel expenses to San Diego, paid for web development and Tony's intellectual property... Then I would have pocketed the rest and used it to hire new staff.

how the fuck do you justify taking all the money out of the project to pay yourself and securing that project will crash and burn? seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you to make such a statement? how the fuck do you expect o stay in business?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The project had already crashed and burned. It was long past the point where it could have been saved.

And third hand beta infoz from Frenzic isn't really what I'd consider evidenc

Edit: woops. Didn't see that Brad actually said that shit. What a goon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The project had already crashed and burned. It was long past the point where it could have been saved.

And third hand beta infoz from Frenzic isn't really what I'd consider evidence.
i believe a majority of the devs who said as much and i believe the obvious non existence of game development. i also see the lack of any brad response to the allegations as evidence that this was the case.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But to address Eomer, sometimes people sue just on general principle, especially in California. If there is a chance for them to further put the screws to Brad directly and one of these guys is pissed enough, then there might be a will to do it.
There's a whole little niche in the entertainment industry for that very reason.

The Judge Judy type shows cover the costs of the arbitration settlements that take place on their shows because it's the only way they can entice shitbags to make a fool of themselves on TV with the other side accepting that the shitbags get off the hook because they get to air their dirty laundry for millions to see.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Looks like we've got ourselves a double down!

Tell us more about how looting 45k of crowdfunded cash for personal expenses unrelated to your startup is justifiable

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can we stop fucking around with this idea that Brad didn't "say" these things? I already mentioned that it was approved, word for word, by Brad himself before I posted it. Do you want proof before you get your head out of your ass? Fine here's proof...

rrr_img_70038.jpg

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I thought this epitomizes disjunction with pantheon folks:

To start off with this was news just posted hours ago about good ole 38 studios about more investigations in to their activities:

Hearing on 38 Studios' potential lobbying violations set for next week | Joystiq

Rhode Island Secretary of State Ralph Mollis has issued letters to four individuals, requesting their presence in court on July 1 to determine if attempts were made to lobby lawmakers following the costly collapse of game developer 38 Studios.

"Our office has been diligently investigating who, if anyone, lobbied lawmakers regarding 38 Studios," Mollis said in an official statement sent to local media outlet WPRI. "It is our goal to uncover any lobbying violations, which may have occurred without our knowledge, which is why our office has sent letters of inquiry to all parties who we feel may have been involved in lobbying activity, and may be in violation of lobbying laws."

Those contacted by Mollis include 38 Studios founder Curt Schilling, former board member Thomas Zaccagnino, Keith Stokes, the former executive director of the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation, and Michael Corso, an attorney who, WPRI claims, had "several lucrative contracts with the failed video game company."

Which then brings me to pantheon folks:

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Advanced Forum Detail Topic - Curt Schilling feeling better!

Beastro

You really hit the high mark talking about your little game idea and getting everyone hungry describing your job. It's been downhill ever since.

Brad destroyed what little reputation he had left pulling this crap and he actually might have gained a tiny bit had he done what you listed, but professionalism seems to be foreign to him and assumes he has any interest in actually making games, which I doubted from the very beginning of this farce. He has had zero passion going into this, and given his previous idle/egotistical behaviour, it's clear he didn't get into making games to make actually make them but that he did it because there was good money to be had, money (and second chances) he still mistakenly thinks he can get out of people.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Can we stop fucking around with this idea that Brad didn't "say" these things? I already mentioned that it was approved, word for word, by Brad himself before I posted it. Do you want proof before you get your head out of your ass? Fine here's proof...

rrr_img_70038.jpg
That works. Why didnt you post that sooner or did I miss it initially?

Beastro

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I've never lied on these forums or on Pantheon forums. Can a brotha get some trust round here? ^_^
I didnt accuse you of lying. I just simply asked why you'd not posted this sooner, especially when you'd exited since it obviously it was damning evidence at the time. Its still good to have public though. Better late than never n all and certainly more than some former folks have been willing to make public to be sure.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didnt accuse you of lying. I just simply asked why you'd not posted this sooner, especially when you'd exited since it obviously it was damning evidence at the time. Its still good to have public though. Better late than never n all and certainly more than some former folks have been willing to make public to be sure.
I figured that all the evidence was enough. I was a green name, highest rank it goes. I posted on both forums and it stayed and was commented on by other devs. It didn't cross my mind that people still didn't believe it until I started reading the post here today. I know it's hard for some to accept the truth when it's this fucked, but trust me, what I say is 100% true.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I figured that all the evidence was enough. I was a green name, highest rank it goes. I posted on both forums and it stayed and was commented on by other devs. It didn't cross my mind that people still didn't believe it until I started reading the post here today. I know it's hard for some to accept the truth when it's this fucked, but trust me, what I say is 100% true.
Again, the point Im making wasnt about the veracity of the claim of the posting initially of the information by you or whomever. Others were taking up that.

Official evidence already existed that this had occurred as pointed out(ie the screens of the forum and facebook(deleted) same statements. But it still gave brad a buffer of plausible deniability(ie "I didnt state that"). This email proves that he signed off on the statements as fact and that just that much more damning. There now is no way for him to say "I never said that" and while disappointing that such clarity didnt come out sooner, its still thankfully there now for all the public to see and use as desired.

However, I'll be the first to say this: 55k as claimed(38% of 145k) is by all indications a lowball figure of what he misappropriatedly is willing to damn himself with.

Another point though of curiosity that I've read that is different from the email statement signed off on and the initial public posted one is that in the email it said "thinking of mortgaging his home to put assets back in" but in the other one it said "liquidating assets" can you clear up the differences listed there?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Again, the point Im making wasnt about the veracity of the claim of the posting initially of the information by your or whomever. Others were taking up that.

Official evidence already existed that this had occurred as pointed out(ie the screens of the forum and facebook(deleted) same statements. But it still gave brad a buffer of plausible deniability(ie "I didnt state that"). This email proves that he signed off on the statements as fact and that just that much more damning. There now is no way for him to say "I never said that" and while disappointing that such clarity didnt come out sooner, its still thankfully there now for all the public to see and use as desired.

However, I'll be the first to say this: 55k as claimed(38% of 145k) is by all indications a lowball figure of what he misappropriatedly is willing to damn himself with.
Yea I know you didn't, but others did. Quaid I think and maybe a few others? Kind of crazy that people would doubt it with all the evidence that was out there. Hopefully this sures everything up. Also I'd like to point out that Brad's claim was that he took 45k as an advance. We still aren't entirely sure where the rest of the money went. Salim said only about 70k went to the team of 10 or 11 devs. Someone mentioned that 20k was paid to Chris, which may be true and would make sense. I just assumed anything over 75k was taken by Brad in one form or another.

Beastro

IIRC he typed out the gist of that himself and didn't post a SS out of what little respect he had for Brad at the time or something.

This was back when it was unclear if he was doing it for medical reasons or other ones that, while shitty, were understandable and it would have been a dick move to really go at him.