Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pics don't look bad.. My question Is.. Who on the team is capable of coming up with all the systems? Weather system, fluid and fun combat, travel, etc.. Does anyone have experience doing these things?

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
Pics don't look bad.. My question Is.. Who on the team is capable of coming up with all the systems? Weather system, fluid and fun combat, travel, etc.. Does anyone have experience doing these things?
you would be surprised. get a working foundation, and folks will jump for the opportunity to help.

Hey Kyn, whats the status on the addition of a Necro? Are even the stretch goal classes still on the table?
I did bring this up the other day with the team and they haven't ruled out adding the necromancer class at some point. So that is promising. It is a bit early at this stage though so will give more info as things progress further.

I am not absolutely certain of everyone's complete skill set on the team. I would think as you have seen in some previous demonstrations, we would start off simple and polish the systems as time goes on. Right now the team is a bit small and we don't have all areas covered, but we hope as we advance through development that the team will continue to grow to fill in the areas where there is a need.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't speak for the rest, but for myself it wasn't about the money drying up - it was the manner in which it dried up that caused me to walk away. There should have been zero advances for anyone - and certainly in a world where that was acceptable, it should have been openly discussed with the team beforehand (which didn't happen). I never expected to be earning a living wage for at least a year, assuming we weren't fully funded beforehand - and I expected the funds that were coming in would be held in reserve to a point to cover software purchases, licensing, etc so we could keep moving along for the long haul.

Also the notion of backpay is semantics; in the wordage for my first month's contract it included the assistance that I provided leading up to the kickstarter, but I did not receive 'industry standard' pay, nor did I receive additional money for any involvement in the months leading up to the kickstarter (and rightly so; I had no expectation of pay for that time or anything else for that matter unless we fully funded much later down the road).

Could I have been more visible? Absolutely. Since we went into the KS largely on the team's pedigree and Brad's name though I wouldn't have had much to add that would have been of public interest for a few months further into the project. Many folks out there, this community included, had valid concerns and feedback that should have been better listened to. You can throw virtual rocks at me or whatever if I've personally let you guys and gals down.
You used to be a GM at Sony before Dev right? I think I remember talking to you

@Kynd those actually look really nice

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
wow, smackage was the most contributing lurker I've seen!
Haha

I did bring this up the other day with the team and they haven't ruled out adding the necromancer class at some point. So that is promising.
Oh thank FUCK for that! I was so worried. I am so happy they are still considering this class!!!!!!

Dude, no one gives a flying shit. The only thing launching out of this is a check from Brad's ass to the bank for his mortgage payment.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I looked at those Screenshots. They look like identical rips from Butcherblock for some of them (Right down to Kaladim in the Mountains behind), Lguk's Skele-room for another, and the entrance to Guk from Innothule Swamp. When you design the much anticipated Necromancer, make sure Lifetap can't hit raid mobs.

You used to be a GM at Sony before Dev right? I think I remember talking to you

@Kynd those actually look really nice
Thanks, much appreciated.
smile.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok so I looked at those Screenshots. They look like identical rips from Butcherblock for some of them (Right down to Kaladim in the Mountains behind), Lguk's Skele-room for another, and the entrance to Guk from Innothule Swamp. When you design the much anticipated Necromancer, make sure Lifetap can't hit raid mobs.
I don't mind nostalgia.. But we both know some work in unity isn't enough to make a mmo. These guys will have to make this game on their free time for years because ain't nobody throwing a fucking dime at this.. Brad made sure of that.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Yeah I went from willing to donate something to will see what comes out of this if anything before I spend a dime. I am what you call doubtfully hopful.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
RE: Requiem Stuff

My favorite part of that data dump is that apparently Shelly took the time to give out 11 + nets.

But the bot issue was not about monkeying with rep for most people. It was the falsely inflating board traffic. The belief, based on conjecture and conversations at the time, was that Tyen was using the FOH boards as a testing bed to see if he could generate artificial site traffic with bots to use for other scams. You would be in a better position than anyone to know if that was the case, though I don't expect you to confirm it. The evidence was there and it was the perception. It was just another straw to add to the pile, for most people. I personally believe you were not involved in the scams and largely had given up on the board to the extent that you were mostly oblivious to everything that was going on until right before it blew up. Tyen and Trex are the ones I feel are ultimately responsible for the end of that board.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I went from willing to donate something to will see what comes out of this if anything before I spend a dime. I am what you call doubtfully hopful.
The main problem now is the insult to intelligence in Kyndread's posts saying the team has not ruled out the Necromancer class like this game is making any progress what so ever while they still try to penny people into thinking there is anything here but a bunch of haphazard shit thrown together in Unity, something I could teach my 7 year old Cousin to do while being bribed with a Wii U and some popcorn.

Honestly, Kyndread, just how stupid do you think people are? Serious question being put in the most politest way possible.

The main problem now is the insult to intelligence in Kyndread's posts saying the team has not ruled out the Necromancer class like this game is making any progress what so ever while they still try to penny people into thinking there is anything here but a bunch of haphazard shit thrown together in Unity, something I could teach my 7 year old Cousin to do while being bribed with a Wii U and some popcorn.

Honestly, Kyndread, just how stupid do you think people are? Serious question being put in the most politest way possible.
I'm not sure really what to say about that. I am not trying to insult anyone's intelligence. Just trying to keep you all informed of the state of the game and answering questions as best as I can. If I have come across as insulting that was not my intent.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if they are remaking everquest, dont they need some kind of permission from sony? i mean i know they are changing the name, but at some point doesnt the zone layouts, classes and models start breaking the copyrights if its too close to eq?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Those are nice looking screenshots Kyn. But you gotta realize we're hardened MMO assholes. Screenshots don't really phase us.