Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Beyond the argument of whether or not zerging was a frequent occurrence in EQ I say who gives a shit if it happens in future MMOs. I'm so tired and jaded of cutting edge raiding from WoW (Even after like 4 years of being away, hah) that I'd rather do the faceroll dragon encounters in GW2 than spend another minute in a finely controlled raid instance and have to look at class charts to figure out ideal combinations of players.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
As noted let the leet pro players take as few as they want , they get e-peen bragging rights and tangibly more loot because less competition on drops.

Let the working adults who are in for the fun , want to jump in on a whim , and don't care about the purple shoulder pads being acquired immediately bring the 72 main zerg enjoying the screams of "I died" in chat and omg what was that and so on.

And for the 99 remark folks , what exactly have modern mmo's done to become spectacular successes ? A niche 99 game done well would keep more players longer than the shovelware launched lately.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a lot of guilds whom house several raid groups. Lets g1 raids Monday Wednesday and Friday, damn you work those days? Its all good g2 raids Tuesday Thursday Sunday. What about a day you can fill in on the other groups raid? All good pop in and make switch.

Or just implement what WoW did and use flex scaling.
What is flex scaling? When was that added? I also don't think 40 is a high cap. But also, the higher the cap, the more people will have to sit out because the goal for a raid guild is to have a full roster every raid night, unless you really scale your content so the cap is really just a top cap and the raid is actually designed with less people in mind.

Your other suggestion reads to me "community shall fix issue for us". that's sad
frown.png

and Tuco, you're funny
smile.png

The argument wasn't about zerging, it was about no caps hurting EQ raiding, and clearly that isnt the case, right?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well aside from the hardest core raiding guilds in EQ a lot of the other guilds still wiped with lots of people.. People would just mess up or be under geared. At least the crew I ran with did=P

Curious.. for the people who say for Brad to ignore reverting back to 1999.. What exactly are you talking about? Classes? combat? what?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yeah the 3 years launch remark is very flexible in meaning. That could easily mean alpha in a year , beta in two and so on. I think Neverwinter was in "paid beta" for almost a year itself recently.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm ok with the 3 year mark.. it could end up being more. I still want to have some fun with EQN. Hoping/assuming EQN is close to beta sometime this year..

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Holy fuck this game will suck if Brad listens to all the people that want to go back to 1999.
I don't see that happening. Note the "modern" on the Twitter feed. Pantheon is going to be closer to VG than to EQ. Hopefully though, it will have EQ loot, not VG loot (VG was a loot pinata), EQ bosses (far too many VG bosses were snareable pushovers) and a more EQ like (i.e. minimal) hotbar/gems (VG had hotbuttonitis as bad as, or worse than WoW).

Also as others have mentioned it would be nice (thought not necessary) if the game went at least or step or two beyond EQ/VG with mounted combat and at least some SB-like dynamic mobs. But please no faux-dynamic "Rifts" or constantly repeating public quest events & etc.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
What is flex scaling? When was that added? I also don't think 40 is a high cap. But also, the higher the cap, the more people will have to sit out because the goal for a raid guild is to have a full roster every raid night, unless you really scale your content so the cap is really just a top cap and the raid is actually designed with less people in mind.

Your other suggestion reads to me "community shall fix issue for us". that's sad
frown.png

and Tuco, you're funny
smile.png

The argument wasn't about zerging, it was about no caps hurting EQ raiding, and clearly that isnt the case, right?
here budFlexible Raid - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The crazy thing about Vanguard classes is there were no skill trees and I never, not once "looked for them" or cared... they were just freakin well done.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not aware of any examples, which raid bosses were zerged down when by a massive force, say 80+, of unskilled players while they were the current top content of the latest expansion. I know of one guild that zerged down Derakor the Vindicator with 108, but that one hardly counts as cutting edge content of velious.
Most guilds who got anywhere post PoTactics RZTWL fight pulled at least 60 per raid. More for RC. Then they had to skim it down for instanced PoTime and this made some guilds very unhappy o_O. As for Velious, happened all the time simply due to the crazy hp of some of the mobs (AoW being the worst of course). Sleeper was killed on RZ with an enormous force in PoP throwing wave after wave into him and many clerics rezzing people hard as they went.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
OK... perhaps it is time for a Vanguard static grp to roll through for a refresher, even 1 night a week, or 2 ? If anyone is interested, PM me
wink.png

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
OK... perhaps it is time for a Vanguard static grp to roll through for a refresher, even 1 night a week, or 2 ? If anyone is interested, PM me
wink.png
Honestly if it wasn't for the EQL coming out soon I'd be all in for VG again , just to see the scenery and soundtrack and so on. But your other post reminded me just how much I liked the Disciple and Shaman class's in VG , not true cleric healing level but still enjoyable.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Everyone loves the classes that are OP as shit! Is that good class design or just enjoying godmode? (Looking at you disciple and bloodmage)

Chesire_sl

shitlord
A lot of guilds did not do fuck all without an unlimited supply of mana. By the time pop rolled around there were a spare handful of mages left on my server. Granted i got too see a lot of content , however being the mana machine , when I would have preferred too DPS was boring.

Hell the first few months of WOW , anytime i got a whisper would hit the retarget mod rod key .
Raiding was tedious in WOW as well , show up early with a luggage toon on another account . Make water/food and then the mana gems when they were traceable if it was your turn in the supply chain rotation.

Fuck that , won't do either one of those "raid jobs" ever again. DPS stacks , support does not )