Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
This is relevant to my interests. Played EQ for a loooong time and enjoyed Vanguard for awhile. Looking forward to it!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Convo stop interacting with the unwashed sub-human plebs at MMORPG.com.

You are bringing shame to the family.
Link?

I love a good mmorpg.com thread! These are the gamers we'll be playing with!

For instance, I looked a bit for the thread in question; got distracted reading the the thread "I spent over 550 dollars on WoW in Subscriptions alone and I hate the current incarnation of the game. As a consumer do I have any line of recourse against Blizz?"

Chesire_sl

shitlord
MMO's may have lost the big picture in raiding . A fair number of players did not however . In WOW lost count of the healers who were in a raid guild on another server , who left suddenly with no explanation. Speculation is they were dos bench warmers waiting for a slot too open up . Use to think of them as raid lice , show up for content and then vanish into the ether from whence they came. Can't really fault them , in all honesty having 5 or more toons in different raid guilds on different servers. Left them with flexibility in regards to playing the game their way . Guess my only complaint would have been , there was no way too repo all the gear lavished on them to skip rehearing other more deserving guild members.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
My favorite class ever was blood mage, and it's somewhat comical to me that you say it's OP because when I rolled a blood mage early in launch I literally had people laughing at me. I died more on my BMG than probably all other characters in all other mmorpgs I'd ever played combined, because that was the trade-off of the class. I spent a lot of time soloing when I'd be actively rejected from groups, being told BMG wasn't a 'real' healer. People would get pissed when I rolled on 'caster' gear not understanding how BMGs could be played as offensive, not defensive healing. People would freak out at all the hp dancing up and down and actually STOP groups to look for a 'real' healer. People would argue the class needed a ton of fixes because it was shit, all while calling me a liar when I posted videos of myself soloing 4 dots (back before gear inflation so it was actually hard and took timing and skill) that made other people declare the class overpowered.

Sure, years later when the average person realized a really good player could make the BMG look easy and over powered everyone declared the class flavor of the month despite that same average player jumping on the bandwagon and being complete shit at playing the class and unable to figure out exactly how or why they thought it was OP.

I guess I'm okay with classes that good players make seem overpowered, if the shit players make it seem like the shittiest class ever. I'm okay with classes that bad or ignorant players will whine are over powered, when you have just as many people claiming the class is under powered. It means there is a lot of variation in how a class is played, and to what level of ability on the part of the player.

The complexity of some Vanguard classes was cool in that way. It wasn't so cut and dry, good or bad, op or shit, because the classes were complex, and good in some situations while bad in others, etc, like class balance should be. If it's as easy and black-and-white as 'that class is op' or 'that class is best' then the devs have done something wrong and need to throw away their cookie cutters.
This was EXACTLY my experience... and BMG was my fav class in any MMO ever. I remember players around me hinting to pack more vit, wis or con and I was intent on playing the class as a mage and spec int/wis/vit... all i wanted were HUGE lifetaps and that is exactly what i got and it was fun as hell.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I know its a bit early to talk about sub vs f2p modeling and such, but make bards fast and not need mounts... No more of these nerf bards so players will buy more mounts with <SOME CASH> shenanigans !

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
My main at launch was a blood mage too and it was a wonderful experience. Half of the classes were considered OP at one point though. Disciples were ridiculous at launch. Dread knight were crazy strong, a psi in the right hands could do almost anything solo, clerics definitely were op after their buffs... Shamans... Just don't mention warriors haha

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I know its a bit early to talk about sub vs f2p modeling and such, but make bards fast and not need mounts... No more of these nerf bards so players will buy more mounts with <SOME CASH> shenanigans !
can't be ftp. Ftp destroyed the industry.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Still chuckling at those of you aggravating Convo for posting at mmorpg.com

I used to occasionally glance at the site , but the "interviews" of the editors and so on of devs got to the point where you truly could not tell the difference between those and an official company press release.

And the drooling of the board members over the token "gamer chick" contributor who thinks a blue streak of hair and knowing what WoW is makes her "leet" just got too much.

Draegan might need to be told that this truly is the only board (been awhile since visited F13 so no idea of what its like now ) around that isn't an obvious shill site ,where actual discussions occur about mmo's.

And trannies of course , trannies.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mmorpg is beyond shil at this point.. There are some crowd funding projects that are total vapor ware on there milking those folks.. It's pretty said they allow it to happen

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I remember when what's his name (founder for I think the name of the game was Greed Monger) off hand threatened to sue MMORPG.COM if they continued to allow posters to disparage his game , so they immediately closed the forum.

(had to google it , Jason Appleton , and boy what a winner he sounds like from just brief google of his name , sorry Draegan he may sue you now for me implying he's a douche)

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
My favorite class ever was blood mage, and it's somewhat comical to me that you say it's OP because when I rolled a blood mage early in launch I literally had people laughing at me. I died more on my BMG than probably all other characters in all other mmorpgs I'd ever played combined, because that was the trade-off of the class. I spent a lot of time soloing when I'd be actively rejected from groups, being told BMG wasn't a 'real' healer. People would get pissed when I rolled on 'caster' gear not understanding how BMGs could be played as offensive, not defensive healing. People would freak out at all the hp dancing up and down and actually STOP groups to look for a 'real' healer. People would argue the class needed a ton of fixes because it was shit, all while calling me a liar when I posted videos of myself soloing 4 dots (back before gear inflation so it was actually hard and took timing and skill) that made other people declare the class overpowered.

Sure, years later when the average person realized a really good player could make the BMG look easy and over powered everyone declared the class flavor of the month despite that same average player jumping on the bandwagon and being complete shit at playing the class and unable to figure out exactly how or why they thought it was OP.

I guess I'm okay with classes that good players make seem overpowered, if the shit players make it seem like the shittiest class ever. I'm okay with classes that bad or ignorant players will whine are over powered, when you have just as many people claiming the class is under powered. It means there is a lot of variation in how a class is played, and to what level of ability on the part of the player.

The complexity of some Vanguard classes was cool in that way. It wasn't so cut and dry, good or bad, op or shit, because the classes were complex, and good in some situations while bad in others, etc, like class balance should be. If it's as easy and black-and-white as 'that class is op' or 'that class is best' then the devs have done something wrong and need to throw away their cookie cutters.
If you couldn't be a god as a bloodmage you're DEFINATELY doing it wrong. Idk what to tell you...

Spynx_sl

shitlord
The excitement I feel just being a part of these forums is what makes me still have faith in a game that is about community. Make people accountable for their actions again and let true server drama (fansy) etc happen. I remember being an DE running through kelethin to meet up with guildies for some CB action and feeling scared shitless and when I finally met up with the team I just felt safe and then I got cleaved by captain silverwind. Damn I miss that feeling, but I think it goes to show that people are what the game, and a strong guild community/server is going to make for a hell of a good time. Also note I wouldnt be opposed to dying to a whisp again

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
If you couldn't be a god as a bloodmage you're DEFINATELY doing it wrong. Idk what to tell you...
You can be perhaps a mini-god, until you get stunned and get 2 shotted or run into a mob that reflects arcane in your face.... I still hear that damn DONG sound of DEATH !

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
So I am in APW now and although I have not been in here in years .... It is still one hell of a raid zone.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Thanks all -- it's great to be back. This is an exciting time. We can't wait to get the KS site up, but we want to make sure it's truly ready and has good info and even some polish.

And I totally agree, there's some great feedback and ideas in this thread. Much appreciated, thank you.

-Brad
you're welcome.
smile.png

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
If I need to, yes. I really don't want to dwell on the past -- it's time to be forward thinking and to get excited about the future. That said, you guys need to know that we've learned from our mistakes so some discussion may be appropriate. If we aren't honest and we don't learn from the past, then the past was simply a failure and a defeat. I refuse to look at it that way and we won't be defeated by the mistakes of the past, because we are going to learn from them and do a better job this time. I've learned so much, especially about myself, because of both my successes and my failures.

For me it all came in a frustrating sequence. 9 times out of 10 a person fails, fails, fails, and then succeeds (if he ever succeeds at all). For me it was 1. huge success (half a billion dollars of profit for Sony, etc.), 2. Commercial failure (I say commercial because I still think VG was awesome in many ways and I'm still proud of it)

Anyway, the success first and failure second really jacked with my mind. I became extremely arrogant, thinking whatever I touched would turn into gold. And then when things didn't work out so well on my second try it was really quite a blow to me because I had deluded myself big time. I ended up in a bad place and I never want to be back there again, ever.

But also in learning more about myself over the years, I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life: make MMOs that I and other gamers want to play. It's just who I am and it's the only thing that professionally makes me happy.

I just don't want to get bogged down in the past too much. If it makes sense to discuss something about the past, then I'll participate. But to be totally upfront and honest, I'm here primarily to promote my new game. It's a blast talking with you all, and I'm here for that as well, but let's spend most of the time here together facing forward. We will need your feedback and opinions in order to insure we make the game you guys want and that I want. It's about community building and being accessible.

Anyways, I hope that makes sense.

-Brad
"i have not failed. I just found ten thousand ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
lol? You're either terrible at communicating and meant 'you' in general, which is beside the point as there were plenty of drawbacks and situational weaknesses to balance blood mage power, or you're using the personal 'you' and are a moron if your reading comprehension turned into that response.

Either way, consider me trolled.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
We need some clarityon this, Brad.
smile.png

"More open world, with quests and stuff to do, but you don't have to do them all."

No overkill please and how does this impact loot bloat?