Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

iannis

Musty Nester
Hey gogo can I bum a few oxy?

My uhh doctor uhh forgot to uhh call the pharmacy, so it's gonna take two extra days.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I don't think it would have been, Convo. I don't think they gave a shit about Pantheon, less so than Brad. The whole Kickstarter lacked any form of heart and the entire team seemed like they couldn't be bothered to give a fuck. Maybe it's because Brad or maybe it's because they only came together because they were stuck with nothing else to do and figured why the fuck not.

The artist guy bailed from day one, their PR dude did less PR than Rerolled and the rest of the team was invisible except for maybe Vhalen. Which let's be honest here, and I like Vhalen, but so much of the lore was forced because they had nothing else to push besides some words they could scribble out real quick. "Oh fuck, we only listed one class could be Shamans and it was dwarves? LORE CORRECTIONS GO." I didn't mind the lore that was actually properly prepared, but man, when they did the whole Lore 4 shit it started to get embarrassing. Towards the end when they were forced to finally make their faces shown they buddied about with people who ran a radio show with like 12 viewers and a dude who didn't clean his room.

Love it or hate it, but without Brad that Kickstarter would have been lucky to clear a thousand, let alone $400,000.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
As someone who gave up on MMO's quite awhile ago except for the occasional 2 month romp in EQ for old times sake, that video was embarrassing. It was like some college kid put it together for a class project using every worn out cliche in the book. The epic, soaring, dramatic music didn't fit what I saw on the screen AT ALL. Save that shit for when you actually have something epic to show. So bad, lol.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I finally got to watch it properly and the camera panning was nauseating. Also, the scene where Aradune was getting chased by the stiffly animated skeleton wielding a sword looked like a Scooby Doo chase scene.

imijj_sl

shitlord
I just go to the part where Kyndread posts 100 times in a row multiple times and then edits them away. What a psycho. What are the odds this turns into some Jonestown-style shit?

imijj_sl

shitlord
And shame on anyone who's impressed by that video. The fact that they cobbled together some kind of unity frankenstein is irrelevant. MMOs are about the actual game mechanics, and there has been no mention/sign of any over-arching gameplay vision (lol) since this project was announced. Brad has just managed to set the bar so fucking low that anything seems like an improvement at this point.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
uh huh, we would be drug free, and have actual good ideas? idk man idk, it dosent seem to far fetched.
Is Rhode Island still handing out hundreds of millions of dollars? Anyone feel like moving to Quahog, RI and starting up a video game company? I'm game. Also, not bullshitting, that vid was a lot better than I thought it would be (not saying it was good, but I definitely thought it would have been much worse).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have lots of ideas for video games, but im the first to admit i have no clue how to program or code or whatever a video game. thats not to say that if my line of work was game development i would be eating sleeping and shitting that stuff night and day.

i mentioned earlier in this thread that a great idea would be an MMO thats comedy based, rather than super serial hack and slash. back in the day, Everquest happened upon 2 great funny ideas and totally mishandled both. the first was plane of Mischief, the zone was basically chaos and you had to do weird shit to progress, but it was done half assed and many of the quests were broken or just nobody gave a shit to finish them. at the time there was even a website run by some oldschool monk trying to itemize everything and discover new quests. i did what i could from there and my instant cast resist clickies flowers came in handy very often during raids, hell i even have them in my shaman's inventory to this day.

the other big missed opportunity was Project M, i understand they added it years later after everyone quit, but if they had implemented that i can tell you that would have been a hoot. guildies were always talking about logging onto test as a lv 1 skeleton or whatever and attacking noobs in freeport. i logged on several times and had a blast playing a froglok in upper guk fucking with trolls(the non fuzzy kind
tongue.png
)

i like playing a serious game, but it doesnt always have to be kill this to get this.

edit, i also liked the Manaetic Behemoth(sp) lots of phallic jokes were made.
smile.png

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, 7 month after the KS we get a vid with brad running around some not completely bad but still really unfinished unity-asset zones... pfff.. not impressed.

Ok, they can run around with other people and can attack monsters, so the client/server stuff is up and running i guess. What about the GAME? Skills, combat system, inventory system & everything else? Was there ANY progress on that? If they really want to do another KS they should stop just building zones & dungeon layouts and start on the game...

imijj_sl

shitlord
So, 7 month after the KS we get a vid with brad running around some not completely bad but still really unfinished unity-asset zones... pfff.. not impressed.

Ok, they can run around with other people and can attack monsters, so the client/server stuff is up and running i guess. What about the GAME? Skills, combat system, inventory system & everything else? Was there ANY progress on that? If they really want to do another KS they should stop just building zones & dungeon layouts and start on the game...
That's the point. In this entire embarrassing episode, there has never been a "game." It's just been a bunch of nebulous statements about macro-level stuff. If anyone needed anymore proof that this is a scam, this latest video is it. They're just trying to produce something that looks like a game in hopes that someone will give them the money to actually come up with one.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had to steal that for an avatar.
Way behind the times in this thread. This used to be the little thread that couldn't so it didn't take much effort to stay up to speed. I started at the end and had to work my way back to figure out where I last left off. Along the way I see Soygen changed his avatar and I asked myself "why did Soygen change his avatar to Weird Al?"

Anyhow still catching up but I had to laugh when I found out what it really was.