Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder who he is on the forums? Don't be a bitch, Alex...take your hand out of brads pants for a second and come post and express yourself here...

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Initially, I began crafting a snide post full of vitriol just for the luls, but I'm willing to take a time out from our digital sodomy of the corpse of Brad's career, if for just one post. This post is less for my fellow RRers and more for probrad lurkers or visitors from the Pantheon forums.

This is everything they got, both barrels, with hours of anal retentive polishing to present what they have as better than what most likely actually exists. Once again, illusion of competency. They had rudimentary combat and spells, which is more than I had expected, so to a very small degree I was impressed (Well, I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for, my reaction was like when my toddler rips a fart louder than you'd think a toddler should be able to and you're kind of surprised and chuckle). Visually, its extremely dated (Yes, I'm aware thatbest case scenariothis is placeholder art which can be changed later.) and I doubt that would improve much even with a massive infusion of money that I doubt they are likely or capable of receiving.

They're going to take another run at a Kickstarter with this video at the forefront. I hope Brad realizes his name isn't a selling point and doubles down on the effort needed for that, which he may, I mean if you watch the video from even 3 months ago its a pretty substantial improvement. I can look past the asset store shitart and terribad UI and arrive at the conclusion that they're trying, which is fine, but effort is great for the special olympics, not for someone with a tarnished reputation and baggage galore asking for money.

I'll say that even this, with almost a year of work, is still too little to present to the world with an outstretched palm for money. It needs another 6 months+ of work and surface level polish before its ready for theworldto revisit.

I can suspend reality to a point. I could point to this video, because I know someone, somewhere made that mental connection.

Well, let me help you, whoever you are. The above video has all made from scratch art assets and models, money behind it, and a large, competent team. None of which exist in the Pantheon video.

Going forward I think there are hurdles Brad will be unable to cross even if he takes in enough money to continue this pace of development with the small team that he has, such as creation of content, getting passed using unity prepackaged assets, but most importantly being humble enough to hire a CEO to actually manage things should he find investor(s) or substantial crowd funding capital.

Bad McQuaid still bad.
That video was awesome when does that game come out would play!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL @ the youtube comments. I mean....that's gotta be somebody with 100 gmail accounts leaving positive reviews in unison.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I wonder how full of undeserved smug self satisfaction Brad is right now, just basking in those 10 "cool i liek it" YouTube comments?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
if only the rest of America was as verbal and truthfully blunt as rerolled, we wouldent keep getting these regurgitated and rehashed abortions.

Why hasn't rerolled formed its own game dev company etc yet hello? I know one of you fuckers is sitting on a shitload of money make it happen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That video was awesome when does that game come out would play!
yep, 1997 that shit still looks good enough to be excited about. i watched brad's Unity movie and the Unity stuff looks great, the pantheon stuff looks like a bag of ass. i wonder how many fools and their money will be parted because of this?

JonJon_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_78714.jpg

I figured out the problem guys... We aren't watching it in 1080p! THIS is going to really turn things around for Pantheon. Also in case anyone wasn't sure, it is in FULL-ON development mode!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
if only the rest of America was as verbal and truthfully blunt as rerolled, we wouldent keep getting these regurgitated and rehashed abortions.

Why hasn't rerolled formed its own game dev company etc yet hello? I know one of you fuckers is sitting on a shitload of money make it happen.
I am just a writer. We need Big Flex and Ern to jump in, some artists, programmers, etc.

Start a kickstarter call the game Redskins. Shit would be tight.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_78714.jpg

I figured out the problem guys... We aren't watching it in 1080p! THIS is going to really turn things around for Pantheon. Also in case anyone wasn't sure, it is in FULL-ON development mode!
I never understood how people could be so na?ve with brads track record and history so publically available, kyndread and co blindly follow and believe this shit is going to happen.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I am just a writer. We need Big Flex and Ern to jump in, some artists, programmers, etc.

Start a kickstarter call the game Redskins. Shit would be tight.
Find the money pi?ata on the board first then well work on that
smile.png
we can just grab hakes single player game hes working on fund it, call it redskins and game set match.

imijj_sl

shitlord
I remember when shit first hit the fan and some of us along with the old devs were pushing for Brad to walk away and allow the team to take over the project. We got some serious resistance. I wonder what would have come from this project had that been allowed to happen. It was only a matter of the community getting on board. Too bad it never materialized.
The original team was composed of a bunch of people who knew Brad better than anyone here and still thought it was a good idea to hitch their wagon to this clusterfuck without even pretending to exert any energy toward its eventual success. I think it's pretty clear how it would have turned out. They are all just as embarrassing as Brad. Maybe moreso. At least Brad walked away with 45k.

iannis

Musty Nester

Because we're not utterly delusional. We understand that making a video game requires actual skillsets and that those are skillsets that most of do not possess. We could learn them, I'm sure. But when you have an actual job and interests (not to mention children) there are only so many hours in the day. Whatever we made would look like Pantheon.

If a team of RRers really put their mind to it they could probably make a pretty good mod / rpgmaker story though. They could probably build a really neat fucking modernMUD.

But we understand something that Brad apparently doesn't. To build a professional grade product requires professional work.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The original team was composed of a bunch of people who knew Brad better than anyone here and still thought it was a good idea hitch their wagon to this clusterfuck without even pretending to exert any energy toward its eventual success. I think it's pretty clear how it would have turned out. They are all just as embarrassing as Brad. Maybe moreso. At least Brad walked away with 45k.
Bunch of newly fired guys fucking off.

If I got shitcanned from a job and had a coworker say "bro, I got a rad idea, now, just hear me out..", sure, i'lll get high in his garage, talk about cool ideas for monsters and shit, and fuck around to avoid job hunting for a few weeks, draw some unemployment

rrr_img_78716.jpg

Milk that until my wife gets on my ass and I have to dust off the resume and find a real job again. When I found a new job I'd tell the said increasingly mentally ill co-worker "bro if you get funding i'll bail on this shit and we'll do it big." even though I'd be lying, and I'd never let him around my family again. And thats the story of Bad Mcquaid and of Pantheon through the eyes of the original Pantheon team.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Because we're not utterly delusional. We understand that making a video game requires actual skillsets and that those are skillsets that most of do not possess. We could learn them, I'm sure. But when you have an actual job and interests (not to mention children) there are only so many hours in the day. Whatever we made would look like Pantheon.

If a team of RRers really put their mind to it they could probably make a pretty good mod / rpgmaker story though. They could probably build a really neat fucking modernMUD.

But we understand something that Brad apparently doesn't. To build a professional grade product requires professional work.
that's why you hire talent, I meant more or less the brains we have here and all the fucking ideas that we throw around about what should and shouldn't be in MMOs etc, obviously nobody here is a major programmer or artist etc, I was more talking about RR being the master mind behind it(the bank, calling the shots), was more or less a joke that if we took all of the theory talk about what would make the best MMO and RR was running a company and calling the shots it would produce a solid product.

clearly the people making these games don't play them on any sort of competitive / hardcore way, or play their game at all, because some decision / design making etc has been pants over head retarded.