Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

dizzie

Triggered Happy
rrr_img_78724.jpg

Reads like it could be a precursor for some type of crowdfunding. Gotta love that they say if times are hard join the community and learn about the game - You talking about your PAID forums Brad?

Looking at the video again, some parts look decent but the textures are fucking horrible, the water looks pretty poor. A ton of EQish stuff from zone design through to big red orbs and rusty weapons.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah, there really aren't any MMOS out there that are worth playing. And I think this is one of the few MMO centric boards left. It ain't just you. It's 90% of this board. It's not overly negative. They really are all shitshows. Part of it is getting older, rose colored glasses, ad nausem. But part of it is that the quality of these games really HAS gone down while production values have (in general) gone up. Moar polygons! Less fun!

It's not just MMO's. It's the industry as a whole. One problem is that MMO's take a long time to get to release compared to the singleplayer / multiplayer games and there are only a handful of them compared to -- look at how many games are on steam. These are big projects. %age wise MMO's probably mirror the trend in the industry as a whole. That's a big problem when you're talking about 4 releases a year, at most. That fail rate isn't gonna work. EQN is going to be fucking terrible. And after that... no one is even pretending to release anything.

Don't care really. I bought Europa Universalis when it went on sale last time. I'm good for about... the next 15 years.
The industry has spewn out the same tired shit over and over, I can't even count the fuckton of games with a numeral next to the name: fuckgame, fuckgame 2, fuckgame 3:, fuckgame 4.
EA is still leading the crusade of changing 3 pixels per year with the sport series, but everyone else is doing the same old games. Except indies, but then quality of the production goes down as expected.
Here and there there is a gem in the muck, but damn, it's not so easy to find it.

MMOs: the whole genre is shaped, or has been shaped after the idea that an MMO can get 10 milion players if it's like WoW, which was proven wrong so many times on so many levels, it's pointless to go over them again.
Decent MMO games have been largely ignored due to previous games from a certain company (e.g. The Secret World) or a box fee + sub fee, or all these things combined. GW2 has shown some success apparently, but only some and it wasn't built to last apparently.

After 10 years the best game around in the genre for fun, diversity, production quality and all that's around it, it's still World of Warcraft, a game released in 2004 and which was probably started in 1999 or thereabout. This speaks volumes.

What's been discussed in this thread is not an MMO, but the raw unadulterated talent of Rerolled to make anything fun. This whole debacle is the perfect example of gullible people that want to be separated from their money and as such it makes me sad inside, because I don't like taking advantage of idiots. At the same time all this makes me laugh when it shouldn't, because the behaviour of some human beings is frankly pathetic, but it's also fun to see the creativity of some of you guys.
There is a moment in which even the little Buddha in me says "screw them, it's what they want, they'll learn something" and just sits to enjoy the show.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whose going to be our PR manager? Talking the game up before we have programmers is the most important aspect to this endeavor.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd do it but you'd never be able to put me on camera. I'm a ginger, people don't trust gingers.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll be the face of the company. Soygen "Dollar Bill" Soybean.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not going to lie Im stoked. We goin to be rich.

How can we go wrong with $oygen "Dolla Billz" $oybean.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I want to read some lore about the 8 Gods of Good and the 1 God of Neutral.

Gods 1 through 8 "We must fight the evil of the land! Bring life to the world!"
God 9 "Sure, whatever you guys want."