Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Read the post from Convo two above yours. They have some new ideas supposedly they want to test out. So you're wrong?
Yea he has some shit cooking. I know he mentioned he had all kinds actually. Not sure how much they advance mmos but I'm assuming they will look to address certain issues/advance features.

I can't see him dropping levels and going all instance tho. Who knows lol... You bastards have me posting during the eagles game at a bar.. Ha.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow... I really thought I might have been in the minority with my instancing/traveling opinion haha. Well, I'm glad that others agree and we can only hope that Brad makes note. I completely understand that if research says otherwise, Brad and the team are not going to change the world for the few of us but honestly, the two points I made in my post (in additions to others who feel the same way), there really isn't anything major on my wish list. (Unless you talk PvP, then i've got a whole lot more.)

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
It makes so much sense to have the dungeons react when certain conditions are met. The one you referenced above and also when the dungeon becomes barren with activity. Allow it grow from within and level to a high group zone or raid. No reason to waste all that time spent designing them to leave them behind.
Sick idea.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
@Quaid

So you're rustled that your Druid, the best soloer in the game (early era), had issues finding groups? Because there were a ZILLION FUCKING DRUIDS ON EVERY SERVER?

See this is what I was talking about in my post a page or two ago. Classes with actual distinctions, and ramifications for choosing them, and such. Druids were a dime a dozen, so they had issues finding groups. Most of them would just say fuck it and go solo, but if you were this rustled, the answer is basically find another class, or just deal with it. Not everyone needs to have the same experience playing the game. Unequal experiences make for good MMOs.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
@Quaid

So you're rustled that your Druid, the best soloer in the game (early era), had issues finding groups? Because there were a ZILLION FUCKING DRUIDS ON EVERY SERVER?

See this is what I was talking about in my post a page or two ago. Classes with actual distinctions, and ramifications for choosing them, and such. Druids were a dime a dozen, so they had issues finding groups. Most of them would just say fuck it and go solo, but if you were this rustled, the answer is basically find another class, or just deal with it. Not everyone needs to have the same experience playing the game. Unequal experiences make for good MMOs.
I still needed gear man... You only make so much quadding raptors in TD or Wyverns in CS. not to mention, we're talking about avoiding instancing to foster immersion and community, and your solution is to just 'go solo' or 'roll a different class'?

Glad to see you are thinking things through.

Starting to think Burnesto has a point.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
See this is what I was talking about in my post a page or two ago. Classes with actual distinctions, and ramifications for choosing them, and such.
I don't necessarily disagree with this however Draegan nailed it when he said there needs to be some way to respec/change. I just don't feel that the respec should be easy to do like it's current implementation in MMOs. In EQ, you could realistically have invested quite a bit in your character before finding out that you might not be a good 'group' character.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Actually, yes, I believe responding with "roll a different class" is perfectly valid in this case. If you don't like what thecommunity-related ramificationsof your chosen class are, then well sucks to be you. Deal with it, or try another one.

The great players of those classes (and the underplayed ones too) that I found were the ones who stuck it out because they loved the class. Oh, and they didn't bitch or whine.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't necessarily disagree with this however Draegan nailed it when he said there needs to be some way to respec/change. I just don't feel that the respec should be easy to do like it's current implementation in MMOs. In EQ, you could realistically have invested quite a bit in your character before finding out that you might not be a good 'group' character.
I agree to a point. But as I said in that post, I also very much like to see unequal experiences. So what if the game has a minor subset of its playerbase churning a bit because they find out they don't like what they've chosen, and move on, or something?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
@Quaid

Wtf is this shit? Ramifications for choosing them? When I chose druid I had zero fucking idea of any ramifications, it just sounded like a cool class. Luckily people liked me and I was in a very good guild so I never had a problem with getting a group. Saying that some classes are gimped and should deal with it is a fucking dumb way of thinking.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Actually, yes, I believe responding with "roll a different class" is perfectly valid in this case. If you don't like what thecommunity-related ramificationsof your chosen class are, then well sucks to be you. Deal with it, or try another one.

The great players of those classes (and the underplayed ones too) that I found were the ones who stuck it out because they loved the class. Oh, and they didn't bitch or whine.
Sucks to be me? I didn't realize Druids were useless at the end game until I was already level 45 and had hundreds of hours invested in a character that I legitimately loved.

It's irrelevant anyway. Brad won't be retarded enough to hold views like the one you just dribbled out your cock-hole.

At least I hope not.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The so-called "gimping" we're talking about here is a lack of desire for druids in groups, in large part driven by overpopulation, but yes in some part driven by aperceived-by-the-communitylack of fantastic group utility. And yet, you say you had no issues. And Quaid doesn't seem to have quit EQ because of it, or at least he hasn't said so yet.

I'm failing to see the issue. Just sounds like the typical bitching that anyone will do about these games. There's always something to bitch about, if you're still playing the game while you're bitching, then it'salmost alwaysnot something that needs to be changed.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
@Quaid

In his defense... he DID find another class. Cleric. And then was a big-dicking bleeding-edge player for 5 fucking years! Or is your reading comprehension also that of a potato?!

Yeah, that's right, he was a fucking badass! Like every other person who could manage to hit a c-heal button at every pre-determined time that was usually indicated by a fucking raid leader or other cleric sending you a tell!

Man, it really wasn't fun sitting at zone lines for hours on end that one time you wished you hadn't soloed yourself into isolation on your druid! The solution to fostering immersion and community is to have an open world where antisocial fucktards can be antisocial and fucking tards all they want, if for no other reason that it's good for laughs years later on forums.

Also, keep in mind I knew plenty of druids who loved to group, so did, and well before suddenly feeling entitled at higher levels because they suddenly needed other players so were willing to acknowledge other players actually played the game.

SOCIAL!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The so-called "gimping" we're talking about here is a lack of desire for druids in groups, in large part driven by overpopulation, but yes in some part driven by aperceived-by-the-communitylack of fantastic group utility. And yet, you say you had no issues. And Quaid doesn't seem to have quit EQ because of it, or at least he hasn't said so yet.

I'm failing to see the issue. Just sounds like the typical bitching that anyone will do about these games. There's always something to bitch about, if you're still playing the game while you're bitching, then it'salmost alwaysnot something that needs to be changed.
It was always better to have a cleric or wizard. Overpopulation had nothing to do with it and everything to do with bad design.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's all this hate with the Druid class?! I used a Druid all the time in my groups. With a cleric...=p

But seriously.. I did a ton of dungeon crawls in EQ.. There were high xp areas that were always mobbed but I still saw most of the dungeons in EQ as I was leveling. I think this is being a bit blown out of proportion. No offense Quiad bc I get what you're saying. I just don't agree with your solution.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, other than that whole thing that Quaid was bitching about like not being able to afk for 3 minutes to take a shit because he's the healer. Too bad that druid can't take up healing duties for a few minutes while he shits.

Oh, wait.

It sounds like you want World of Warcraft. I hear they do their very best to make sure every class can do the exact same things the other classes can do, and at the exact same levels, every fucking patch.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, other than that whole thing that Quaid was bitching about like not being able to afk for 3 minutes to take a shit because he's the healer. Too bad that druid can't take up healing duties for a few minutes while he shits.

Oh, wait.

It sounds like you want World of Warcraft. I hear they do their very best to make sure every class can do the exact same things the other classes can do, and at the exact same levels, every fucking patch.
Oh, your one of those people that blame WoW for everything. Explains everything.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Tons of people quit eq because they sucked so hard at balancing the classes. Oh and that was back before parsing was really common so we didn't know how truly dogshit those wizards and druids really were in groups.

Totally unacceptable to have balance issues that big in a game

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

The only reason I remember not wanting druids for groups is because too many of the where antisocial fuckwads who thought they were entitled to a group because they'd suddenly come in from quad kitting to grace the rest of us lowly peons with their presence in a group.

The druids who didn't have a chip on their shoulders and had learned to play in groups were usually pretty awesome. I don't think anyone is saying others should deal with a gimped class. I think we're pointing out maybe it wasn't the class, but the player, who was gimpy.