Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You forgot rift bilbo. But yea.. Instance just doesn't feel right in a niche, challenging group mmo.. Let's get back to a punishing world and that entails a bunch of things

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Bad troll is bad.
I dunno, I got you to bitch about having to wait so long for groups, claim you played a healer, flash your e-peen to support your argument, and then have to write:

Well, to be honest, the group issue arose more on my druid... I mentioned the cleric stuff to back up my healing ability. My cleric was insta grouped almost as soon as I logged in.
which was almost as good as

I still needed gear man...
which really did tug at my heart strings!

Oh, and somewhere in there you admitted you don't have enough friends irl much less in the game to form a group. Is that really a good reason to not want a social, group based game? I guess probably so, for you, at least. I mean, I'm a fucking asshole and I still managed to have friends and guildies enough to play with... oh, and miraculously, the ability to group with complete strangers.

I'm glad you were finally honest, though, especially about loving your druid. I'm sorry things were rough for you and you turned your back on your druid to roll a cleric so people would like your class despite you. I'm not sure I would have done the same thing, but I'm glad you found the validation you sought. It's all about personal satisfaction, right?

And this is the sort of thing that makes social, group-based, non-instanced, challenging mmoRP-fucking-Gs so awesome. The socializing, bitches.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No... It's not the fucking socializing... It's the competition.

You fucking know-nothing carebear.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No... It's not the fucking socializing... It's the competition.

You fucking know-nothing carebear.
Competition is socializing for epeen man-children with daddy issues. That's just science.

Speaking of carebears, I miss the shit out of Sullon Zek. Brad? Brad? Brad? Brad? BRAD? ....please?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Out of curiosity, which MMO have you played to end game with no levels?
I don't play MMOs that don't have levels because its an obviously stupid idea; even the EQN Brain Trust which professes to hate MMOs had to sneak in tiers. What I have done is played RPGs that didn't have levels and they were all awful in different ways.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't play MMOs that don't have levels because its an obviously stupid idea; even the EQN Brain Trust which professes to hate MMOs had to sneak in tiers. What I have done is played RPGs that didn't have levels and they were all awful in different ways.
Okay but....uhhhh... You are making pretty definitive statements regarding the use of horizontal progression for someone who has no experience regarding the matter... And it's showing.

Just sayin'

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm a fucking asshole .
Yes you are, but I'll be happy to group up with you in Pantheon.

Also[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */post.

rrr_img_55871.jpg

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Okay but....uhhhh... You are making pretty definitive statements regarding the use of horizontal progression for someone who has no experience regarding the matter... And it's showing.

Just sayin'
I've played a lot of games in my time: card games, board games, role playing games, single player computer games, multiplayer games and even a few MMOs. I'm pretty confident with saying that horizontal progression is not as satisfying as vertical progression. I'm also pretty confident in saying that levels have not been bested as a progression metric in MMOs.

The MMO industry is beset by people trying to re-invent the wheel. It's annoying and results in a lot of crappy MMOs.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I don't have to. I had a level 50 in original EQ when 50 was the max level. 60 when it was the max level. 75 etc.
I already proved myself. I don't have to prove myself to you on some stupid emu server.

I find it amazing that after all of these shit ass fucking piece of fucktard MMOs over the past decade, we have the opportunity for someone like Brad to finally bring MMORPGs back where they belong, and we have some jack ass like you here trying to tell people that the fucked up shitty design ideas that fucked the MMO industry are what he should put in them. Please do us a favor and go fuck yourself in an instance of your mom's basement.

I am so sick of watching the same mother fuckers come in to every fucking new MMO and spew shit designs on the forums. Look your instanced dungeons. They didn't work. They didn't work in WoW. They didn't work in EQ2. They didn't work in Neverwinter. They didn't work in Age of Conan. They didn't work in SWTOR. They didn't work in every fucking MMORPG made in the past fucking decade.

God Damn! Seriously. Go fuck yourself.
LOL, +1 for having the guts to say what I wouldn't. Since the political forums I'm trying to reinvent myself. But I want to say this, so fucking bad. But I can't.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I've played a lot of games in my time: card games, board games, role playing games, single player computer games, multiplayer games and even a few MMOs. I'm pretty confident with saying that horizontal progression is not as satisfying as vertical progression. I'm also pretty confident in saying that levels have not been bested as a progression metric in MMOs.

The MMO industry is beset by people trying to re-invent the wheel. It's annoying and results in a lot of crappy MMOs.
Wait, I thought the mantra was everyone was making "WoW-clones"? I didn't get this week's memo and am now so confused.