Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
rrr_img_84972.jpg

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
From Brad's facebook. ------

A nice group of shots from the Amberfaet dungeon.
Tropical landscapes are good. Typical dungeon hallways and rooms are good. Nice outdoor shots, with trees and ruins, check! All of the MMO fundamentals? Check!
But it's important for you guys to know that Terminus, Pantheon's world, will be full of areas from about every fantasy source or inspiration out there. If we have X fun old dungeon crawls, or beautiful tropical islands with sweet underwater content... then we will also have X crazy cool zones that will, especially in this instance, require specialized skills and equipment just to navigate through it, much less do battle. They will contain different Climates, require situational gear, and physics for these zones will often time differ, requiring different tactics on the parts of adventurers.
We've talked about how EQ 1 and similar games are Pantheon's foundation. We want a solid, proven MMO foundation upon which to build! But it's so important to get this message across, that while you will be at home in Pantheon if you've played some older MMOs, that in NO way means we are making an EQ (or whatever older MMO) clone!. We have SO much we want to build on top of that solid, proven, and successful foundation. And while, when I usually address that topic, it's about a game feature or mechanic, today's screenshots I think show graphically that we're not just making a clones. Pantheon = EQ + VG + tons of new ideas. Pantheon != another Project 1999. Project 1999 is a great clone of a classic game, and I am very impressed by those guys skills...
*But* I just want to be very clear with our messaging: We are not making an updated Project 1999 here. Pantheon is its own game, with its own identity, and we have lots coming in the future that will show you these ideas, where you'll see that we have built upon the past, but not let the past slow us down or hinder us.
'nuff said for now, although this is messaging that will always need to be spread about, because some people's initial reactions to the game are that it's simply an EQ clone or some such. I think this will happen less frequently over time as we 1. announce many of our ideas that are modern and unique (like Climates, multi-colored magic, situational gear and outfits, etc.) and 2. we have more to show. These screenshots obviously are part of #2. So, enjoy, ask questions, etc. And revel in the glory of Amberfaet!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I have no interest in this product, but I don't see an issue with throwing some easter eggs to nostalgic supporters during development.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
From Brad's facebook. ------
Beware the voice of Saruman! For even after he has lost aught else, his voice still has the power to deceive and mislead.

Seriously though, Brad missed his calling as a politician. He has a true talent with words. He's been kicked out of the Orthanc, but damn if he hasn't found himself a Shire to stir up.