Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I don't know, I figure Kyndread drinking himself into a coma and posting at the odd hours of the night that one time probably sealed the deal.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So basically.. The "vision" for this game has turned into VG2. They just haven't said it yet.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not at all but it's a concern. The scope of pantheon started to worry the old team. The game just kept getting bigger and that seems to have carried over. It just increases the cost and time it takes to make the game. What game!?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Not at all but it's a concern. The scope of pantheon started to worry the old team. The game just kept getting bigger and that seems to have carried over. It just increases the cost and time it takes to make the game. What game!?
That's a big reason VG was so buggy at release: far too large a world, too many systems.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a big reason VG was so buggy at release: far too large a world, too many systems.
It was more than that. Scope being large was fine. It had to do with leadership and the people in place. Had blizzard set out to make VG, I'd image they'd pull it off.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a technical shit show. I had dual 8800gtx at the time and getting above 30fps was a miracle.

I tried it again before it was funsetted on my 480 and it still ran like ass.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It was more than that. Scope being large was fine. It had to do with leadership and the people in place. Had blizzard set out to make VG, I'd image they'd pull it off.
The scope being large was caused by the management problems relatedly the lag issues could have been addressed if the scope hadn't been so large and if Brad had done the smart thing and focused on the engine instead of spending 30 million on Art when the engine was still fubar.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The scope being large was caused by the management problems relatedly the lag issues could have been addressed if the scope hadn't been so large and if Brad had done the smart thing and focused on the engine instead of spending 30 million on Art when the engine was still fubar.
So...extremely poor leadership led to bad decisions and very poor results.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Didnt we have this VG was a failure because it ran like shit thread back in 2007-2008? LOL

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know what you guys find so objectionable about this. Of all the kinds of gold, I've always thought that false gold was the worst...

rolleyes.png

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didnt we have this VG was a failure because it ran like shit thread back in 2007-2008? LOL
From 2005-2007 we had the "why Vanguard will suck" and, alternatively, the "why Vanguard will be the second coming" thread that never left the front page of fohguild for those years.

Starting in 2007 we had the "why Vanguard DOES suck" and, alternatively, the "what Vanguard needs to do to not suck" thread. I don't remember when that thread eventually dropped off the front page, but I know it stayed there at least a few years.

Starting circa 2012, we began to occasionally get a "Vanguard nostalgia"/ "What could have been"/ "Why Vanguard failed" thread that would pop up every few months, stay on the front page for a few weeks, then drop off.

Those dates are pure recollection, but you get the point.