Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't even trust Brad with Tad's money. Soygens maybe but he freely gives up the Washingtons to just about anyone.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Brad, you have my sword!

I0ofOd4.jpg

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I wouldn't even trust Brad with Tad's money. Soygens maybe but he freely gives up the Washingtons to just about anyone.
Brad needs to admit he's a terrible project manager and hand the reigns over before anyone should give him even 50 cents. I saw the recent video - he's making the same mistake, over and over and over again: investing too much in art before the combat and classes are set.

Tom does not approve.

rrr_img_91242.jpg

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I seem to remember someone saying that Brad wouldn't be handling the money this time around? But then didn't he steal a bunch of it? lol

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only person I can think of handling the money is that Chris dude but he's been called into question from the last ordeal.

Unless the VC are smart and have thier own people handle it and make Brad request every cent and give reasons and cost projections. I can't imagine any smart business person just handing him money.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Any VC that just cuts Brad a $750,000 check and says "See you in two years when this is done!" is a fucking retard

Sevens

Log Wizard
Only person I can think of handling the money is that Chris dude but he's been called into question from the last ordeal.

Unless the VC are smart and have thier own people handle it and make Brad request every cent and give reasons and cost projections. I can't imagine any smart business person just handing him money.
Just curious, what ordeal called Chris into question..as far as I can see hes been pretty much the saving grace of this project. Unless youre not talking about Chris Perkins (Joppa)?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He received a large cut of the KS money, second largest next to Brad. It really confused the Dev team bc none of them knew the guy or what he did to deserve it.

What has he done to be the saving grace?

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I bet hes invested it into syrian liberation movement and is now reaping fat oil rewards to VC fund Pantheon.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really do want to know what he's done? I've heard before that's he's played a big part but I haven't heard any details.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I really do want to know what he's done? I've heard before that's he's played a big part but I haven't heard any details.
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Wikis Profile - About Us

According to the website (edited by the second Chris) he is entrusted with preserving and developing The Vision (TM).

Chris Rowan (Kuripan) - Chairman

Chris earned a degree in International Marketing from Santa Clara University, graduating cum laude in three years, then worked at an advertising agency in Paris. Next, in Tokyo, Chris completed graduate studies before joining the entertainment arm of Sony in Tokyo for 8 years where he started new businesses including the first online gaming site in Japan, and assisted the initial PlayStation efforts. He speaks, reads and writes Japanese fluently. In his free time, he coded and operated the first fantasy baseball game in Japan.

After Sony, he was an early employee of IRI, a company key in building the Japanese Internet and mobile internet infrastructure. He managed IRI?s successful IPO and the company reached a $10B market cap. His next role was to handle strategic venture investing for IRI which led to him establishing and leading IRI USA. He went on to co-manage AvTech Ventures, a $150M portfolio of venture investments which achieved top decile returns. After AvTech, Chris assisted several startups in various roles from Chairman to CEO including JP SCOPE, HydroLogic and Riava. He also assisted MMO developer Sigil with its sale to Sony Online Entertainment.

Happily married for twenty-one years, he?s the proud father of a daughter in college and a teenage son. He enjoys online gaming, new technology, travel, camping, is an avid runner, cyclist and open water swimmer, and escapes by taking family hikes with his dog.

Chris Perkins (Joppa) - Creative Director, Game & Level Design, Game Content, Music Composer, Sound Designer

As Creative Director, Chris is responsible for ensuring the ongoing, high quality production of every aspect of Pantheon's Content Development. Specifically, Chris directs Pantheon's Lore, World Environment and Game Design teams toward a cohesive and high quality end goal. Additionally, Chris contributes content in each of these areas, maintains workflow and roll-out timelines, facilitates team-to-team communication and is entrusted with preserving and developing The Vision (TM).

Chris serves as the Music Composer for Pantheon's Official Soundtrack. Chris also manages the sound design and iteration process as well as the video production of Pantheon's update and promotional videos.

Chris is the owner and operator of Forgelight Studio (http://www.forgelightstudio.com), a music recording and digital sequencing studio facility. He has served as an educator of Audio Engineering & Production, Musical Performance, Songwriting & Composition since 2007.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
We are talking about first Chris.
Got it.

Looks like they did get some money from somewhere if this post is any indication:

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Advanced Forum Detail Topic - How to upgrade my Pledge now?

How to upgrade my Pledge now?

Jimm0thy is correct, you can get around this by purchasing a lower pledge to build your donation pool up or by subscribing to either the $5 or $15 per month sub tiers and let it build up more gradually.

We are looking into the pledges as they were created by the original team and they need to be reviewed properly to better suit VRI, our business model and the game, so that is the reason we closed the store. There is no ETA on when that will come back online, if it does at all.

We are also looking into a way to allow more freedom in adding to your donation pool but the website is proving to be difficult and we are having to work around other obstacles, so this may take a while.

You can also choose to hold off until we review the pledges and implement a better system if you like.

This post was edited by Kilsin at February 25, 2015 8:55 AM PST
Curiouser and curiouser.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Brad is a salesman. I have little doubt that he will find another microsoft or Smed and peddle other peoples work and get some cash.

I also doubt he will spend any VC money on said MMO.
Stranger things have happened: seems like the most likely outcome remains nothing gets released, but I suppose now there's a chance that a bug ridden monstrosity could emerge - unless Brad rolls 00, gets Psionics and an EQIV equivalent emerges.

It's interesting you mention Microsoft: if those idiots had written a better contract with Sigil, they could have taken over the game development and released it relatively bug-free instead of walking away from their multi-million dollar investment and the resultant disaster of Vanguard at release.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
He received a large cut of the KS money, second largest next to Brad. It really confused the Dev team bc none of them knew the guy or what he did to deserve it.

What has he done to be the saving grace?
Obviously Brad back-paid himself and front-paid the Chris dude. The old Pantheon team were just developers and obviously had no clue how finances skimmed, err worked.

Oh, wait, what Chris are we talking about? I guess it doesn't matter, Brad is a fucktard.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's interesting you mention Microsoft: if those idiots had written a better contract with Sigil, they could have taken over the game development and released it relatively bug-free instead of walking away from their multi-million dollar investment and the resultant disaster of Vanguard at release.
That could have turned things around for Vanguard.