Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Thanks for responding to the questions Joppa, you get credit for that.

I wish the Pantheon team would know, I would bet almost all of us in this forums aren't "enemies".. I would bet most of the initial KS pledges came from this forum.

But when you get burned multiple times, it tends to leave people jaded.

either way, thanks for showing up and good luck.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for responding to the questions Joppa, you get credit for that.

I wish the Pantheon team would know, I would bet almost all of us in this forums aren't "enemies".. I would bet most of the initial KS pledges came from this forum.

But when you get burned multiple times, it tends to leave people jaded.

either way, thanks for showing up and good luck.
Yeah, Joppa seems to be working really hard to fix some of the burned bridges and scorched earth that occurred with the previous regime, which i am thankful for.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You're right, a lot of class changes were done before I came along. I've been focused on them for over a month now, researching what they were originally and working to solidify the direction of each, including the new ones. I'll say this for now: they appear to be single archetypes because we haven't unfolded the finalized specializations yet, or how specialization will work in Pantheon. More to come soon.
Bah. Scope creep. The original dual archetype thing (IIRC) was ridiculous. Just do traditional EQ classes and work on something innovative with the inevitable quest system (/mourn StoryBricks) and/or combat. Don't try to make everybody a hybrid: road to Hell paved with good intentions and etc.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If their goal really is to have a self sustaining MMO with a 100-250k userbase I wouldn't mind some class flexibility. Finding a healer and tank in WoW who had 10m+ subs already meant as a DPS you were sitting in the LFG queue for 20 minutes. I could only imagine how bad it would be with fewer people.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If their goal really is to have a self sustaining MMO with a 100-250k userbase I wouldn't mind some class flexibility. Finding a healer and tank in WoW who had 10m+ subs already meant as a DPS you were sitting in the LFG queue for 20 minutes. I could only imagine how bad it would be with fewer people.
If you basically want to play WoW, why don't you go play WoW?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Joppa I personally hope you guys basically make Vanguard 2. Yea you won't have the budget of MS backing (OR MAYBE YOU DO????) but creating that close knit community game is something the mmo genre is lacking (except for maybe FF14).

Good luck. Give us more deets tho. Did you need permission from Brad to post here? Does he want reports? Are rerolled skeletons still in the game?

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Tell Brad to stop with the radar shit.Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen | PowerLeveled
That Radar isn't in any of the latest videos, and I agree, it is terrible, no one wanted it, and it has been removed. Not sure why that site is using all old pictures/videos when the Facebook site is up to date and it is easy to use/link the current videos and photos. Even the "newer screenshots" on that link are still older and have the gigantic text box.

Maric

N00b
Thanks for stopping by Joppa. Hope you make it a regular thing. Rooting for you guys. Mainly because I don't want to lose my money, but still... :p

Also, the "can't comment" on VC is intriguing.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That video was painful to watch. That slow derpy thrusting sword animation actually made me lol irl.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Joppa saying all this stuff really doesn't matter.

Brad is still running the show and its still a rigged carni game. Changing the barkers for the game, painting a new sign, wiping a small amount of grime off the booth doesn't change that its still rigged and still run by a sleaze looking to bilk easy marks.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Joppa saying all this stuff really doesn't matter.

Brad is still running the show and its still a rigged carni game. Changing the barkers for the game, painting a new sign, wiping a small amount of grime off the booth doesn't change that its still rigged and still run by a sleaze looking to bilk easy marks.
The fact that Joppa is allowed or going on his own accord to post some of the details here means that there's at least some level of freedom that he has as a developer.

If you were to see someone from Daybreak post here, they'd probably be reprimanded if they said what they thought at the time.
I'd rather him say what he intends to do, or what the team intends to do, as if it's wrong we can go back and reference his posts.

I may still be skeptical about Pantheon, but the only way they can recover from the initial disaster is by doing actual work and showing to us, 'this is what we're doing, here is a video of the words I said.'

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The fact that Joppa is allowed or going on his own accord to post some of the details here means that there's at least some level of freedom that he has as a developer.

If you were to see someone from Daybreak post here, they'd probably be reprimanded if they said what they thought at the time.
I'd rather him say what he intends to do, or what the team intends to do, as if it's wrong we can go back and reference his posts.

I may still be skeptical about Pantheon, but the only way they can recover from the initial disaster is by doing actual work and showing to us, 'this is what we're doing, here is a video of the words I said.'
Is there anyone from Daybreak left to post here?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Of course, glad to stop by.

I know there are many people questioning our ability to make this game based on game development experience. It's understandable, especially when you factor in how*interesting*Pantheon's development trajectory has been so far.

Here's the truth though, starting with me: as of right now, I have about 7 months experience developing MMORPGs. I'm not a legend, I don't have a track record to point to or a long resume. I'm building my legacy every day and my track record is ongoing and visible. Has Pantheon improved in the last 7 months? Has there been a steady increase in quality, intelligent trajectory and team stability as I have risen to this position? That's all I have to point to, no smoke and mirrors.
Given what's out there, you are on the right path, better to have fresh blood than all the old disasters we are being fed on a regular basis, on this I'm 100% on the Utnayan train.

Good luck and have something written and signed that covers your ass, because if by some obscure miracle you manage to finish and publish the game, I'd hate to see Brad taking the merit and the money leaving you with an "interesting CV" in exchange. Oh, don't attend meetings in parking lots, that's sound advice.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trust with Brad is really the biggest hurdle. Aside from a small group, there isn't any support for the guy. Money is always going to be a concern now. He basically needs to allow this project to come out without making anymore waves. I can see him trying to push this thing out the door 6 months before it's ready. At this point, he needs to be fully removed from any decisions like that.